1228.etc Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

Johan lets Twigberry come at him, and attempts to exploit a perceived opening Twigberry had, but it was a clever feint, and Twigberry unleases a devestating attack.
Twigberry: Attack total of 22 vs Johan's defense of 11, for an AA of 11 +5 -1 soak is 15. Junior loses two fatigue levels and incurs a light wound, as well. He's unconscious and needs to take it easy for a week.
Johan: Attack total of what attack? :smiley:

Just before Twigberry's fist connects with Johan's ribs, he thinks he's got a chance. And then the punch lands, and he hears a crack, or thinks he does, it's tough to tell, because a number of things pass through Junior's mind just before he collapses into a heap. He really is pretty good, better than Johan had initially thought. And he hits really hard, and seems to have an unlimited capacity to absorb pain.

Twigberry brushes breaths on his nails and buffs them on his tunic. "The poor lad is overcome. Who's next?"

((CR, I'm waiting for your next attack, attempt to increase grapple strength, etc...))

(( Could you please re-state what the current situation is there? ))

Uman has a weak grip on Twigberry. Attacks that overcome TB's defense strengthen the hold. If TB "attacks" and overcomes Uman's defense and grapple strength he breaks free, it will inflict a light wound on Uman. I'll leave it up to you if Uman knows this, or cares. :smiley:

(( Knows, maybe. Cares, no. Someone else might care, he doesn't. :smiley: ))
Uman, breathing in excited little grunts, attempts to cement his hold on Twitberry, trying to lock the smaller man into a full nelson.

(( I don't remember if he gets to have a Confidence score. If he does, he'll spend a Confidence point on attack.))

Attack: +10 + roll of 7=17.(20 w/Confidence)
Defense: +8 + roll of 4=12.

TB: Defense of 20 against an attack of 17 [spoiler]Uman spends confidence and adds his combat ability in, so the total is 17+6=23, 23-20=3, increases the grapple strength to +6[/spoiler]
TB: Attack of 20 vs a Defense of 12 is an AA of 8, in excess of the new grapple strength.

Twigberry allows Uman to tighten his grip and then smiles at him, and asks, You got a good grip, yet?" and smashes his forehead into Uman's nose, immediately after he asks. Blood flies from Uman's nose, and he loses his grip. Uman has a light wound and is at -1 to any subsequent actions. I think this might be the point where Uman was going to disengage, but maybe not... :smiley:

Uman says "owww" in a very small voice and backs off, shaking his head. "All right, fine," he pouts. "Your match."

Twigberry looks at Uman for a bit, and then whispers something into his ear...

After the whisper, Twigberry tosses several coins from his purse to the barman, and says "Drinks are on me."

And after the roar from the crowd dies down, "I'm done for tonight, but if anyone wants a go at me tomorrow, I'll come by."

Uman gives Twigberry a terribly startled and very, very confused look, and slinks out the door, muttering something to himself.

Junior will be there :smiling_imp:

Even wounded?

Bruised rib, bah. Just means he's gotta push a little harder.
The kid is an uncouth ruffian. Hell, don't you guys remember what it was like being a young man only 21 years old?
:mrgreen:

Maybe he will warm up with a preliminary bout against someone else. He will even suggest as much. If there are no takers, then he will probably act obnoxious until he starts a fight (trying to play the Social Handicap aspect of the character)

Twigberry shows up the next night, as promised and offers a purse the same size as last night...
"You sure you want to go again?"

((Roll initiative, attack, defense.))

Grapple manuver, try to put him in a sleeper hold or a headlock, spending Fatigue on the initial attack...

1d10=6, 1d10=9, 1d10=2
Initiative 7
Attack 28
Defense 11

(totals include a -1 penalty for the cracked rib)

Twigberry's speed means gives him initative again, with a total of 13
TB's Attack of 10 against Junior's defense of 11 is ineffective.
Junior's grappling attack of 28 against a defense of 18, yields a grapple strength of 10 on TB.

TB's heart isn't in it, it seems. And while Junior and TB are dancing around the other to find the best opening, Twigberry begins reciting some Aristotle, "Aristotle wrote, in Nichomachean Ethics, 'Some vices miss what is right because they are deficient, others because they are excessive, in feelings or in actions, while virtue finds and chooses the mean.'"

((Anyone who is educated should probably be alerted that this is a lesson, as much as it is a sparring match... And maybe others in the covenant, such as magi or their associates [companions] might be interested. I'll leave it up to the players as to who gets involved here.))

Quit yer yappin and give it up, Twiggberry!
Junior maintains the hold and tries forcing him into submission
1d10=10
This is just to sureal not to be funny
1d10=4
whew
0 + 11 - 1 = 10

Need a defense roll so I can tell of TB breaks grapple.

1d10+10-1=10
Rolled a 1 in that equation...
1d10=7
that's 14, +10, -1, equals 23

TB: Attack of 33 vs Johan's defense of 23, 10 goes against the grapple strength, which breaks the grapple, giving Johan a second light wound.
Junior:Attack of 10, vs a defense of 18.

"Effective, should you engage in Combat with Valerian, this would be an effective maneuver. Fortunately, I am not he." Twigberry's arms are locked, up, but his feet are still free, and he wraps one leg around Juniors, and then lifs his other leg and kick's Johan's unsecured leg out from under him, while pulling with the leg wrapped around Johan, the sudden weight on Johan's unanchored leg, causes the pair to fall to the ground and Johan feels something dig hard into the spot Twigberry last tweaked. The maneuver leaves Twigberry a bit breathless, but Johan is now at a -2 for all actions.
"This isn't life or death son, there's no reason to put it all on the line." The comment seems calculated to do exactly the opposite, though, and he has a huge grin on his face as he says it.