1228 Kriegeist ex Tytalus

Rego should be 9(4) not 9(14)

A story result is not a failure, and would have stabilized the experiment, so the last season you would not have been locked at +2- go ahead and keep the roll if you would try and use the spell for repeated discovery, but use the 0 modifier for another discovery and then you will need to stabilize it again.

Fixed Rego, was a typo.

Got it. So if it's ok to move on, can we work out the rest of the Tytanoi initiation scripts?

By the book, experiments for research need to be spell, lesser enchanted item, or charged item; does that mean it's impossible to create longevity rituals for research? And if it is possible, would he be permitted to give experimental longevity rituals to grogs? Or did the previous result make that a bad idea at least in the same covenant?

experimental longevity rituals to grogs would be fine and can be used for research of certain things- I'm assuming in this case the idea is to vary the speed at which warping accrues... The covenant will assign which grogs get the longevity rituals depending on whether you are conducting initial research (rewarding the grog) or stabilizing the result (not for favored grogs)

Intention is to learn about ongoing effects and how they cause warping, and learn more about the newly discovered connection between vis and warping.

I thought you couldn't really aim at what you want to change, just aim at what you want to learn more about. But if you can change things, varying warping would definitely be part of that too.

I would say "determine if warping rates can be varried'

got it.

Did the warping roll for stabilized discovery, ended up in twilight, rolls on discord.

End result is 9 total warping and comprehended the twilight.

Holding off on doing the next ten years for the Titanoi scripts.

Below is a proposed item, not sure if I need more reqs or to use different guidelines; this is currently built off the MuTe "expand by 8x". The spells in Cov for transporting/creating laboratories don't have a bunch of form reqs that I would have expected, so I didn't put them in below, but will add them if I need to. Also not sure if I need extra mags for size.

Kriegeist's Portable Laboratory

Mu(Re)Te 30 Base 4 R: Touch (+1) D: Sun (+2) T: Room (+2)

3/day (+2 levels) Environmental trigger (+3 levels)

A decorated bronze box three inches square, the top of it is engraved with Domus Amica, Domus Optima.

Placed on the floor of a room (ordinarily a laboratory), when the right letters are pressed and the lid is opened, the contents of the room are shrunk and transported into the box's interior. Placed in an empty room, with a different combination of letters pressed, opening the box will cause the reverse to happen, filling the room with the contents of the box. In the latter case, if the room is not empty, the objects currently in it will be displaced by the magically transported contents, likely causing a huge mess.

While the box's lid is closed, the contents remain undisturbed and preserved no matter how the box is moved around. The lid cannot be opened unless the correct sequence is pressed.

(Note: the baseline trigger is the box lid; the environmental trigger causes the effects to be ongoing while the lid is closed.)

Apologies this took so long- the next initiation would be invocation magic- this requires traveling to a set time and place and engaging in an adventure there, and a conversation with a major spirit which must never be revealed to anyone else (dark secret ordeal).

The initiation after this will be Hermetic theurgy- will he be going after this?

No worries on delay.

If possible, he will do the remaing three in the next ten years, he wants a familiar.

Hermetic theurgy is a straightforward initiation, simply using the +9 from the prior ordeal
Theurgic spirit familiar is the +6 from a previous ordeal plus one season service initiating a lower level member of the society, as well as a sacrifice of vis.

Does MMF help with this?

(As a rule of thumb, if the (Technique + Form) proposed for the bond is less than 2 x Might, it is likely to reject the magus as not worthy.)

TMRE 82

yes. Finding an appropriate daimon for a familiar can take a lot of research (although you are likely to find a large number of inappropriate daimons in the process)

So not just like spending a season which includes research and summoning similar to the way Theurgic spells work? I might not make it this decade, but can you give me the rules?

Sorry to be asking so many questions, but can you give me feedback on that item too?

Thanks.

I know how I would un this in a game, I need to consider how to do it in generation...

The system you have could work, just with magic lore instead of area lore and maybe a higher difficulty.

It says you can summon the Daimon you want as familiar, does that mean you need to invent an Invoke the Pact for that Daimon?

The first issue is that what I am doing already shifts the familiar away from being recognized as a person to being essentially equipment that you earn, which I am not really very comfortable with. Doing that with daimons is a lot to ask, because we aren't talking sentient animals but entities sometimes mistaken for gods.
On the other hand I recognize that there needs to be some way for you to actually get said familiar.

At least by the book, the normal process does involve summoning. But I get what you're saying.

What would you do if it was in-game?

I would take a season or more of research, they would find a potential familiar, summon the daimon and then roleplay the encounter to see if they were a good fit or not, repeat as necessary.

Makes sense. I think he probably tries to actually woo Lasa Vegoia, to be his wife and the mother of his apprentices. (Not as in actual offspring, of course.)

okay... I can find a few references to this name in different languages that appear largely unrelated to each other, so why don't you tell me what you are referring to here...