1228 Kriegeist ex Tytalus

The core book has a spell which gives 4 warping with base 20, so I would have to say that it keeps going at 1 extra warping per additional magnitude

Got it, thanks. Ok to proceed with the experimentation/research rolls?

yes

10 years posted, got a "Special or Story Event" result on experimentation; also got a roll twice followed by 2 discoveries (which means the experiment was successfully repeated) but I haven't rolled warping yet.

what were you attempting to research with this? Incidentally in the future when you have a discovery or potential story event you should probably stop the advancement there to resolve the outcome.

It's the CrVi spell above. Overall, the goal is the Limit of Warping, but my understanding of research is you kind of break it down into individual projects that are "questions" each of which moves you closer to the overall breakthrough goal, is that right?

Will do re: stopping next time. They came pretty much at the end anyway.

The experiment suggests that warping has certain properties in common with vis that seems worth exploring, when you follow up with the same subject however they warp to develop a necessary magic realm aura for their single weapon ability, which did require some discussion with the older magi of the covenant- roll com+charm target number of 12 (fortunately they have parma) or have to relocate to a new covenant.

I'm not completely following you; but made the roll on discord. Got a 10, if I can spend a confidence and start game with 1 less confidence I will.

I will allow that

In that case he passes with a 13.

Just to clarify so I understand what happened; this is the story event, but not involving the discovery later, right?

He was testing properties in common between vis and warping and he caused grogs to not be able to learn single weapon outside an aura?

it gives him a -3 penalty to use the ability (single weapon) outside of a magic aura.

and yes, it was a story event, which does not affect your discovery.

Got it. Does getting a double roll of discovery do anything special? I suppose it's behind the curtain anyway so I don't know.

Is my advancement ok otherwise?

Rego should be 9(4) not 9(14)

A story result is not a failure, and would have stabilized the experiment, so the last season you would not have been locked at +2- go ahead and keep the roll if you would try and use the spell for repeated discovery, but use the 0 modifier for another discovery and then you will need to stabilize it again.

Fixed Rego, was a typo.

Got it. So if it's ok to move on, can we work out the rest of the Tytanoi initiation scripts?

By the book, experiments for research need to be spell, lesser enchanted item, or charged item; does that mean it's impossible to create longevity rituals for research? And if it is possible, would he be permitted to give experimental longevity rituals to grogs? Or did the previous result make that a bad idea at least in the same covenant?

experimental longevity rituals to grogs would be fine and can be used for research of certain things- I'm assuming in this case the idea is to vary the speed at which warping accrues... The covenant will assign which grogs get the longevity rituals depending on whether you are conducting initial research (rewarding the grog) or stabilizing the result (not for favored grogs)

Intention is to learn about ongoing effects and how they cause warping, and learn more about the newly discovered connection between vis and warping.

I thought you couldn't really aim at what you want to change, just aim at what you want to learn more about. But if you can change things, varying warping would definitely be part of that too.

I would say "determine if warping rates can be varried'

got it.

Did the warping roll for stabilized discovery, ended up in twilight, rolls on discord.

End result is 9 total warping and comprehended the twilight.

Holding off on doing the next ten years for the Titanoi scripts.

Below is a proposed item, not sure if I need more reqs or to use different guidelines; this is currently built off the MuTe "expand by 8x". The spells in Cov for transporting/creating laboratories don't have a bunch of form reqs that I would have expected, so I didn't put them in below, but will add them if I need to. Also not sure if I need extra mags for size.

Kriegeist's Portable Laboratory

Mu(Re)Te 30 Base 4 R: Touch (+1) D: Sun (+2) T: Room (+2)

3/day (+2 levels) Environmental trigger (+3 levels)

A decorated bronze box three inches square, the top of it is engraved with Domus Amica, Domus Optima.

Placed on the floor of a room (ordinarily a laboratory), when the right letters are pressed and the lid is opened, the contents of the room are shrunk and transported into the box's interior. Placed in an empty room, with a different combination of letters pressed, opening the box will cause the reverse to happen, filling the room with the contents of the box. In the latter case, if the room is not empty, the objects currently in it will be displaced by the magically transported contents, likely causing a huge mess.

While the box's lid is closed, the contents remain undisturbed and preserved no matter how the box is moved around. The lid cannot be opened unless the correct sequence is pressed.

(Note: the baseline trigger is the box lid; the environmental trigger causes the effects to be ongoing while the lid is closed.)

Apologies this took so long- the next initiation would be invocation magic- this requires traveling to a set time and place and engaging in an adventure there, and a conversation with a major spirit which must never be revealed to anyone else (dark secret ordeal).

The initiation after this will be Hermetic theurgy- will he be going after this?

No worries on delay.

If possible, he will do the remaing three in the next ten years, he wants a familiar.