1228 Schwartz Of Merinita

At a 15 it is an impossibility for my character without rolling up. I was excited, so I went forward. It appears I have made a mistake.

Is there another possible familiar that may be available for those arts? Possibly a bird? Or does every familiar require a roll of +15?

Or is it possible that I just start a couple years earlier so I cAn build up the necessary skills? Trying to work within your framework.

a roll of 15 is standard unless a creature is particularly easy or difficult to find. Keep in mind that you are adding 2 abilities to the roll rather than the standard 1. I'm not sure what you mean by starting earlier in this context... so far your character has only been confirmed to gauntlet and you have not specified an age at the start of the game. If you plan to advance for a long time in game I would recommend breaking it down into chunks for approval so you have less to redo if there is an issue. I would also strongly recommend documenting any die rolls that inform advancements.

I have been documenting all die rolls, and rolling on Discord. I was planning on 14 years out of Gauntlet, which I have documented. I will add a couple of years to that time, in the middle, to clear up the issue with the familiar. Please check over the 14 years to see if I need to clear up anything else. I taught my familiar Artes Liberales, so he can read with me. If that is ok.

It would help if you standardize your expression of spending experience. Right now ever listing has a part before nd after a comma, where it could be either 1 topic, exp or a comma between topics studied. Excel handles standardized formats a lot more easily.

Standardizing now. I am putting total xp gained in skill or art behind each , so I can see where I made any calculation errors quickly.

You also have a fall 1220 area lore with no area specified (or did)

Wow, you actually managed to make it more difficult to manage in spreadsheet.

And ignored my request to do it in segments instead of all at once.

I tried to follow instructions. I have said that this is a new system for me. This is a hobby and is supposed to be enjoyable. Please excuse my excitement. Is there something intrinsically irritating about how I communicate with you?

No, about your spreadsheets, not the system or the communication. You change your text format nearly at random which really inhibits my ability to parse them in excel.

Two things: 1) for his last year I was thinking of following Red Claw's spreadsheet exactly, would that be acceptable?
2) I am making an assumption that the Raven of Virtue out of the RoM book is what I am using. Can I tweak this, or leave it just as is? I can go either way, but I don't want to think one way is ok, when it is not. Asking before I do this time, I am teachable.

It can be tweaked, with discussion about what is being tweaked, and perhaps why

Just as an example- sometimes the "spent on" column indicates how much xp was spent on what, sometimes it gives the level with no xp distribution noted, and other times it gives a running total of the xp, with either level or distribution. I cannot use a table that is this inconsistent.

The tweak of the Raven of Virtue I wanted was to add Gift of Speech, because ravens can naturally talk, I can't see how a magic raven couldn't talk. Possibly just increasing his might by 1 would allow this, but what is your suggestion?
I don't want to go back and fix what I have already done, unless it would be helpful. If you have already gone around the problem, let me know. If you haven't, and you want me to fix it, I will try. I was suggesting that going forward I would use a more acceptable method. I can go backwards, but only if it helps.

I "fixed" Spring/21 through Winter/22. Is that what you had in mind?

yes, that is.

The Gift of speach for the raven is fine.

I believe the worksheet for Schwartz is complete. I have made the changes suggested to his seasons, and added in the Virtues, Flaws, Qualities, and Inferiorities to his familiar. Let me know if it needs other changes.

based on your submission at guantlet and your advancement,

Faerie lore should be at 35 xp points rather than 30.
Finesse should be at level 2 with 17 points rather than 12
Magic lore should be at 87 points instead of 83
mentem should be at 61 instead of 55
rego should be at ability 7 with 32experience instead of level 8 with 36 experience
teaching has 18 exp instead of 16
Vim has 44 exp instead of 46, for a score of 8 instead of 9

That is also why I didn't do the last year, to adventure and fix any oops in my calculations. So, after I fix some numbers, I will do that.