1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show

Damage roll is 1d10=8 + 15 = 23

Korvin would try to spont a CrCo to defend Bernard even though the Rabbi is going to act. Per 0 Awarness 1 mag 4 - 15 = target 10 1d10=5 no luck. so he does not cast.

Bernard will fall back and Miroslav can press forward. Korvin will spont Swords to plowshares ( a spell on Jacques' sheet[1]) ReTe 10. with no words but normal gestures at a merc ( the next one that steps up ). It will force his sword into the ground and needs a str +9 roll to pull it out. Re14 + Te 6 + stam 1 + aura 10 - 10 for no words + 1d10=7 = 28/2 = 14

[1] Jacques version is for a group. so it is ReTe20. Korvin is for a single person so it is 10.

The vanguard of the Redcap Imposters goes down. This group will break into individuals (I'll continue the combat tomorrow, since it just got really complicated). Insatella appears to disappear. Can try and make awareness rolls to locate her, or can concentrate on the grogs.
Round three attacks for the group of grogs and anyone else needed...

Deykin will take a moment to look around to be sure she's actually gone and not invisible. Per 1 + Awareness 4 + die roll of 7 = 12.

((Gentle nudge, I need attack and defense rolls and totals for the third round of action for Korvin's grogs, don't forget to incude the -3 for medium wounds, or point me to them, if I'm missing them.))

Pardon. Work gets in the way sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

Group of Grogs:
Attack: 1d10-3=4 = 15
Defense: 1d10-3=4 = 13
I'm guessing points will go into defense.

i will let CR roll for his grog.

Miroslav attack: roll of 2 + 13 => 15.
Miroslav defense: roll of 9 + 12 => 21.

Pinchas is holding action (again) until he sees what Korvin does.

Alright, two of the grogs form up in front, while Insatella and another grog form up into another pair, and appears to be defending her. One of the grogs pulls something from under his jerkin and tosses it at his fallen comrade. The grog then slices at his fallen comrade, where the pouch landed. spilling a white substance around the grog. They first one turns back the attack from the group, has a defense total of 14 before the roll and rolls an 8. Emmanual's attack is turned back, as well, as his defense total is 10 before the roll.

Insatella casts a CrAq spell, which I'll detail the effect of later, if it isn't countered.

Korvin can rethink his actions, as the -10 for no gestures is applied after dividing for a casting score. He can also try and asses and determine the form of the spell Insatella is casting, it's fairly obvious from her words and gestures, though.
Applying the -10 to the CS and then dividing doesn't make sense, and imposes a huge penalty on formulaic casters, and you could end up with odd results where it might be easier to cast a spell you know spontaneously than it would be to cast it formulaicly. I'm not going to do the math on where that point is, but I'm pretty sure it exists. So, his total would be 38/2=19-10=9, and it would therefore fail.

Miroslav's attack is deflected, as he attacks the better defender, and his defense total is 19.

[strike]Hmm. He will fail to determine the spell again 1d10=2 unless it is a given. 15 is a hard target to get. He is unless at general countering.[/strike]

I read that it is automatic so Korvin will try to counter with a ReAq to turn the water to steam. But of course he fails his fast cast roll. :unamused: 1d10=4 + Quk 0 + Fin 2 = 6.

Oh well. He has no other real choices so he will PoF another one. Cr 27 + Ig 6 + stam 1 + aura 5 + 1d10=9 - 15 for words and gestures. = 33

The CrAq spell creates a gentle spray of water over the white powder, which quickly causes caustic fumes, and a few seconds later, the partly charred remains of the vanguard's clothing catches fire.
The fumes are going to cause people who are nearby to cough and choke. Another CrAq spell is quickly cast and disrupts Korvin's Pilum of Fire. The Insatella imposter is crazy fast, Marcus level of fast.

On to round 4 rolls

Group of Grogs
attack 1d10=7 = 15
defense: 1d10=8 = 13

points in attack this round

Emmanuel
Attack 1d10=10 and a botch 1d10=10 Since he is not attacking meh
Defense 1d10=10

Korvin will spont Curse of the unfully tongue on Insatella ( ReCo 5) with no gestures (-5) ( trying to make it tougher to counter) Re 14 + Co 19 + Stam 1 + Aura 10 + 1d10=6 = 50/2 = 25 -5 = 20 with 15+2 penitration

The grogs are going to have to deal with the negative effects of the caustic cloud around the vanguard of the imposter redcaps. Further, they will have to pass the body to continue to engage. A fire has started on the imposter redcap and his caught fire, and it is conceivable that it could interfere with visuals to the other side, or provide an obstacle to reinforcements. The group of grogs are all injured and at -3, already, and will have additional minuses, because they're all coughing and their eyes are watering.

You can process whether Korvin can reasonably know this, since he's not a combat magus, some of this is in doubt. But he is a healer, and he has injured men on his hands, so there is that to consider. And finally, there's the issue of who these impostors are. There's a lot going through Korvin's head. I'd like to see a bit of that, too. :smiley: We can continue as described, or you can alter the plan.

It is always good to describe the situation. I had not realized that the body was in the way. This is why a map is so handy.

Here is something of Korvin's thoughts :[i] Healing in combat is next to worthless. Especially when they have medium wounds. I need to make a spell for medium wounds because there are only formulaics for light and total body heal. Healing a light wound does nothing with a medium wound. Healing is even worst when there is another magus that can counter your heal and get off an offensive spell of his own.

WHERE IN THE F**KING HELL IS EVERYONE! If this were Valerian attacking we would all be dead. Why in the hell did we put in alarms if no one answers them.[/i]

((I'll revise my actions after a bit.))

Alexei is about two rounds away based on the discussion about qcipher's preparations Alexei would undertake. Others can probably have determined by now where the alarm was originally started and start making their way there. Fiona is probably the closest magus to the scene with her cottage being outside the castle, in the courtyard area (to my mind). She will probably arrive around the same time as Alexei...
We can presume those who have The Leap of Homecoming also have an AC to the location of the alarm. And they can start arriving in round 5 and 6, depending on how well they make an awareness roll... Also, it depends on the level of preparations they intend to take before coming into battle...

I, the player, am not complaining about it. I know it is Korvin's story. Korvin is struggling with battling competent opponents while not being a battler. The player was hoping that Insatella would make her escape already. I also know that Korvin is going to bring this performance up in Council with the Flamebeau and other magi :angry:

Korvin is guessing he is facing a Hermatic mage or a person trained in hermatic arts.

Miroslav:
Attack 13 + [1d10]8 = 21, not counting the choking penalty.
Defense 12 +[1d10]2 = 14.

Pinchas:
Pinchas again murmurs a prayer in Hebrew, swaying back and forth. "You shall destroy those who tell lies. Hashem, Blessed be He, abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit." He lifts his eyes, staring straight at Insatella, and switches to Latin. "Elohim compels you to tell the truth: WHO ARE YOU?"

(( Guideline is level 10: "Compel a supernatural creature to reveal the truth, even a demon; you may ask one question, and if you overcome the creature’s resistance it must answer you honestly." Voice range, +2. This will ONLY work if Insatella is a supernatural creature rather than a magus. Spending a Confidence point to activate Invocation. Com +3, Adjuration 4+1, Kabbalah 2+1, Confidence +3, roll of 9=23. So IF she's a supernatural creature, and IF her resistance is less than 23, she's compelled to answer honestly. ))

Korvin's revises action. He will step up to the line ( bringing him in range to be hit). He wants to be even with the grog group. He will cast Charge of the Angry Winds (CrAu 15) without gestures to blow the smoke and hopefully the mercs back. Give his previous roll of a 6 and with the -5 the total is 31 so 16 +3 in penetration.

Edit: Give new info by JL I will cast without words as well so casting total is 21 6 + 3 pentration

I need an awareness roll from Pinchas to actually locate Insatella in the 3rd round. She was heard casting the CrAq spell, but is not seen... It's not a hard roll, succeeds on 6+

Per +2, -3 for no Awareness, [1d10]roll of 1 then 9 -- succeeded.

There's no subtraction to the die roll for not having the ability, the penalty to not having an ability is that you are unable to roll for knowledge abilities and for all others have three botch dice in the event you roll a 0, and ostensibly, though it's unwritten, I think it's always a stress roll. :smiley:
Just before after the grog catches on fire, Pinchas prays his fervent prayer, and in response.

An inhuman scream comes from the area where one of the grogs is formed up. "JARDIS!" Everyone except the Insatella impostor, Pinchas and Korvin are knocked down by the force of the voice emanating from a point just in front of the Insatella imposter. The area in front of where Pinchas heard Insatella's voice coming from shimmers, and an inky blackness coalesces around a diminutive woman of evil beauty, coal black skin, naked with pronounced breasts capped with ruby read nipples. Her nether region is uncovered with hair, a red streak forms where men like to sheath their most personal weapon.

The form of Insatella is visible for a split second before Korvin notes a PeIm spell is being cast. The voice is no longer correct to Korvin's recollection, sounds male now.

I'll resolve round 4 actions in a subsequent post.

(( Wow.
Oh, wow.
I really didn't think that would work. That was a 'hail mary' thing JUST on the off chance there was a possession thing going.
On the plus side... holy crap, that worked.
On the minus side, I think Pinchas just acquired the "Target #1" designation....))