1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show

((And Korvin is even less functional vs a demon than just about anything else))

It really only worked, because it has used up a fair bit of might... And I may have erred in the calculations... But I'll go with what it is.

(( NOW, of course, I have to figure out what Pinchas is going to do for his next trick. :stuck_out_tongue: His first instinct with a demon is to drive it away, but with this powerful a demon that's almost impossible to pull off without a Divine Aura to aid him, and he'd know that. Same with compelling it directly, or restraining it.

Hmmm. Int +3, Infernal Lore 4+1, roll of 3 =11. What would Pinchas know about this thing? Make that his round 4 action, if necessary.))

About as good as it gets for Korvin and awareness. 1d10=8 + awarness 1 + per 0 = 9

The voice IS Jareth's.

So, everyone is knocked down at the beginning of round 4, except for Jardis, Insatella/Jareth, Korvin and Pinchas. Are we making any revised actions for round 4, now that there's a demon nearby and a corpse starting to catch fire? The group of grogs led by Mons Electi can get up, and they can form up as individuals or continue as a group in round 5. Everyone else is spending the rest of the round getting up.

Miroslav's attack was negated because I believe that was a round 4 action, and he's now getting up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm confuzzled enough that I'm going to say "sure, that was round 4".

Deykin will, presumably, use Round 4 to get back to his feet.

Fiona's Awareness roll for the alarms is Per 0 + Awareness 3 + die roll of 5 = 8.

She grabs her Talisman, casts Robes of Impenetrable Linen on her clothes, and makes haste to where the alarm was sounded. She doesn't have Leap of the Homecoming yet, she's learning it this season.

((Tranquillina: Per 2 + Awareness 2 + stress die 5 = 9. I have her down as being in the lab this season, so she might be a bit less responsive than otherwise.))

Puzzled by the alarm, Tranquillina casts Veil of Invisibility on herself and then Leaps to the alarm site (both castings automatic without fatigue).

JL, you can tell me when she arrives. And Villaume and/or Jehanne, too, if you want.

((Now that the demon shows up everyone comes running :smiley: ))
Korvin looks at the demon and then looks at the rabbi and then back to the demon

HOLY SHT!! How did he do that. HOLT SHT!! Jareth!?! That bastard!...The demon came in our Aegis! HOLY SHT!! Ok. Start breathing again...Perhaps I should become a Jew. That was great!...No. Circumcision would hurt. HOLY SHT!! Breath.

((I'll think of an action tomorrow. Korvin would invent the high five for the Rabbi for that one.))

(( JL, since Korvin triggered the alarm before these guys left the Aegis, is it reasonable for Pinchas to assume that Korvin doesn't want these people to retreat? ))

Yeah, I think that's reasonable. Although Korvin might be more interested in destroying the Demon than keeping it around, since magi know well enough you can't trust what a demon tells you. And, well, Jareth is a different issue entirely...

[strike]Pinchas turns to Korvin, frowning unhappily. What he's about to attempt should Korvin accede to his request is at the screaming edge of his capabilities, and the prospect of failure terrifies him. "Magus, can you incise a circle in the flagstones around that thing?"[/strike]

I'll post in a bit what the action is.

((I think it's reasonable for Pinchas to know that's next to impossible, without some way of physically restraining the demon.))

((Hurrying...sorry. I actually couldn't read any of this until now, the office blocks pages that have lots of die rolls. It's 1 round away now?))

No, we are in round 4.

Pinchas is holding action in Round 4 -- going on full defense, whatever. Talk to me when round 5 rolls around.

Can you set the scene for round 4 so I'm clear?

Everyone is down except Pinchas, Korvin, the Demon Jardis and Jareth. Is Jareth visible? did people just get knocked down or were they moved away from the demon ( 1 or 2 paces)?

Jareth is visible, but looks like Insatella. It was the voice that Korvin recognized.
Everyone else is down on the ground, they aren't far from wherever they were before they got knocked down. The rest of the round will be getting up and into position.
Jareth and Jardis have some freedom of action, as do Pinchas and Korvin... Jareth/Insatella looks ready to bolt. Jardis is licking her lips seductively while surveying all the men lying before her... She looks like she might pounce on someone nearby. In fact, her mouth seems to be growing larger...

Not sure this is possible but we will give it a try. Korvin want to cast a ReTe to get the powder from the body and fling it at Insatella/Jareth Basically doing the invisible sling but trickier .

Re14 + Te 6 + stam 1 + aura 10 + 1d10=9 /2 = 20

Finesse roll 2 + per 0 + 1d10=6 = 8 i will spend confidence if I need to.

Alright, the remaining part of the powder is flung. Jareth quickly casts a spell that looks like CrAu and blows the powder away, further diluting its effects and then begins running away. The demon jumps on one of Jareth's fallen grogs closest to it and bites down on the neck and rips it wide open, causing the grog to quickly bleed out. The powder doesn't seem to have any effect on the demon.
No confidenceis spent.

Round 5 actions. Jareth is a few rounds from clearing the Aegis boundary, and will likely then be able to Leap away or something similar.