1229.2 The Antiquities Road Show

Round 5 action for Deykin is to draw, nock, loose, at...wait. Okay, Jareth is the person pretending to be Instatella, right? And Jardis is the she-demon that just ripped one of our grogs' throat out?

Shit. Demon or maga. I need one of those Green Arrow trick arrows that splits into two and hits them both. Maybe something to bring up to Alexei.

So. Maga it is. Because he saw what the demon did, and doesn't want to draw its attention.

Attack is 9 + (die roll of 0, botch check comes up a 3) = 9. Defense roll is 3 + die roll of 7 = 10. If the attack hits, damage is +7.

((The demon killed one of it's allies, not one of our grogs))

Korvin yells at Daniel "Get you men away from that thing now!" Where in the hell are the Flamebeau when you need them?

Korvin reaches down and grabs Miroslav. I need your help.

He will use vis to boost Seven league stride and port himself and Miroslav in front of Instatella/Jareth. Between him and the aegis border. If he can pull it off they will facing the fleeing wizard.

Re 14 + Co 19 + stam 1 + Aura 10 + 1d10=5 = 49
2 pawn if Co spent to boost the target to group

Finness 2 + per 0 + 1d10=2 = 4. I'm sure we are facing the wrong way.

Jareth ignores the arrow, and it misses a bit wide.

Korvin finds himself unable to finely control the desired location and overshoots his target by 50 paces. He's also facing away from Jareth, in the same direction he was before. Korvin can recognize all these things immediately.

Jardis jumps to another one of the redcap imposters, who by this time is standing up, and repeats the neck bite. He quickly falls to the ground. The redcap imposter, seeing what happened to the rest of his comrades screams, drops his weapon and runs towards the men of Mons Electi.

Alexei and Fiona arrive this round, but are unable to act, and just take in the carnage...

In the courtyard, approaching the bridge to Tribunal city the magi can see some injured Mons Electi grogs, some dead redcaps on the ground, two of whom have had their necks bitten and are bleeding out, one who is on fire, and one running screaming towards Mons Electi grogs who are injured. Korvin and Miroslav are in the middle of the bridge, and another Redcap, appearing to be Insatella, the Prima Mercere is running towards Korvin, but not yet on the bridge. Oh, and there is a diminutive woman with coal black skin. She is completely naked and the parts of women that men find most interesting appear to be overdeveloped, and highlighted in ruby red. Her mouth is open in a hideous smile and is dripping with blood and bits of flesh are stuck between her razor sharp teeth. She's probably the reason for the dead redcaps...

((IMO, the only reasonable target for Alexei and Fiona, is the demon, until they can get a grasp on what Korvin and everyone else is doing.))

(( Um. You missed Pinchas' action in Rd 5, I believe? I didn't have time to post it -- can we have him act last?))

Sure, sorry.

"By Jesu!" Alexei shouts after he takes a moment to see the situation. "A Demon!" his face contorts in loathing and righteous anger as he raises his staff.

((Just saying nothing in particular, I'd have him revoke invites just in case, but he shouldn't be able to take any meaningful action until next round. Next round we can have Donner join him also, it takes him a round to teleport after Alexei, and then a round after that he can grow to his fightin' size.))

Just in case... Grog group that was with Korvin and not named Miroslav runs away as fast as they can.

Miroslav looks confused briefly, but he has been a shield grog for a while, and Korvin's intent was pretty clear... it's just that the execution was lacking. He eyes the magus, mutters derisively "в белый свет як в копеечку" and takes up a position between Korvin and Insatella, shield and axe at the ready.

Pinchas double-takes at the last redcap running past him, and re-assesses the situation. Korvin's gone, the shield grog contingent broke, and there's nothing at all now between him and the demon. A sane man would quail at such a sight. However, no one's ever accused the rabbi of being sane...

He smiles at the demon, and steps between it and the last "redcap", lifting the piece of parchment in his hand as one would brandish a shield. "Listen, Jardis. Listen well, spawn of Gehinnom. Look upon G-d's name, and tremble." His voice lifts in a quavering chant. "Sh'ma Yisroel, Adonai eloheinu..."

(( The Guideline is level 5: make a supernatural creature unable to abide the sight of you, and retreat. +2 R: Voice, +1 D: Recitation. (The effect lasts as long as he recites a prayer. I've actually timed myself saying the Sh'ma for this, it works out to about a minute and a half. :smiley:) Purity 4+1, Adjuration 4+1, Com +3. Spending a Confidence point. Roll of 5: total 21, plus whatever bonus he gets (IF ANY) from using this thing's True Name.))
(( If he succeeds, he's going to try to herd the demon away from the last living "redcap" and towards Alexei.))
(( If he fails... it's a good thing Abigail's not a blood relative, she'd hate having to sit shiva.))

Jardis turns and saunters away after that. I'll leave it as her having taken down two of the imposter redcaps...

(( Am I correct in assuming that since Pinchas' Initiative was so low, he could not have saved the Redcap Jardis killed this round?))

Yes

Fiona considers, and just as quickly discards, the idea of casting La Petite Mascarade, then Leap of the Homecoming to try to block the demon's exit, but that just sounds suicidal.

She whispers to Alexei, [color=blue]"Do we want her leaving?", then starts casting Jupiter's Resounding Blow, which will go off unless Alexei tells her to let her go.

CT on Jupiter's Resounding Blow is 15 + Aura + die roll of 7 = 22 + Aura. The Spell Level is 10, so Penetration would be 12 + Aura + Penetration 3 = 15 + Aura.

((OK this is my 3rd attempt to post, hopefully it will work))

"Cast your spell, I'll follow it up." he says as he raises his staff.

((Basically going to hold off so as not to be affected. Is it round 6 yet?))

Okay, so Fiona's Jupiter's Resounding Blow presumably goes off. I take it she would need a Targeting roll to have it land on top of Jardis? Int 1 + Finesse 3 + die roll of 4 = 8 (9 if she gets to include her specialization Precision).

((in Latin)) We must prevent her from reaching the bridge!

Korvin begins sprinting towards Insatella/Jareth.

((Holding my action for now. Can Korvin reach her before she gets out of the aegis?))

Yes, Alexei is here, and can take action.

The demon covers her ears a bit, but keeps running.

It's going to be close. Running can be your action for this round, putting you into better position for a spell before Jareth crosses the Aegis. Or you can take two swipes at Jardis, or otherwise try and contain her to the Aegis.

((I thought the demon was sauntering :mrgreen: ))

Korvin will sprint towards Jareth this turn.

It's a fast saunter. :laughing:

I'll wait for Alexei to decide what he's going to do, but you can begin thinking about round 7 actions...

((Alexei has a touch version of DEO, can he reach her this round without teleporting? If not, he has Wizard's Leap mastered for Fast Casting, he'll try Fast Casting the Wizard's Leap to appear in front of her and then use the DEO (It's called Diamond Thrust) on her and jab her with the staff to complete it. Once I get the info I'll make a proper post, but I can't make any rolls here at the office...I can't even check my casting total before hand :frowning: , though I believe for ReCo it's 36 (26 for Fast Casting) and for PeVi it's 26 (both casting totals are including the aura))

So here's how I see that maneuver working: Alexei tries to predict where she is going to be, at the time he's going to be ready to cast the Touch version of DEO, so he needs to estimate a spot. His perception is crap, but I think we can simulate this with Quickness+Finesse fast casting success check of 13, which is her initiative. If he is successful with quickness+finesse>=13, he lands in the correct spot and the DEO spell is timed correctly. If not, his spell is ineffective this round, but she's in range for round 7.

The problem isn't the spell going off, the problem is timing it. And don't forget that this adds two botch dice to the spell casting roll, so with mastery, you're down to a total of two botch dice, if you roll a 0. Do your rolls when you can, you don't need to keep reminding me you can't roll during certain times. Or you can have someone else roll on your behalf, if you want them to do it. I just don't care to do it, since it feels like I'm taking control. :smiley: