1271.3e It's all relative (Fabricus)

Fabricus thanks the man for his honesty and will pay him a pence for any trouble he has to go through, once the week is done and the punishment is finished, Fabricus will see if he can have Ambrose join him over supper so they can talk.

If it's an invitation it is declined, albeit a bit more politely. If it is a command Ambrose is there at the appointed hour.

It is a command, Fabricus wouldn't send an invitation he didn't expect to be accepted. He'll meet him in the studio where he meets potential customers and where some of his works are on display. He has a fine meal ready for supper to be shared.

((Any other professors that want to join feel free, he didn't send an invite to all, but he did make sure the other professors were aware in case they feel the need to attend))

"Well, Professor Fabricus, I am here at your invitation." Ambrose looks around, "You set a fine table, I'll give you that, Professor."

Fabricus quirks an eyebrow at the tone and gestures to an open seat for him, sized for a child. "Sit down discipulus ((forgive spelling please)). I'm serving lamb tonight, with a fruit preserve glaze and fresh greens." he pours a cup of milk for him and then a goblet of watered down wine for himself.

Once seated he gestures to a servant to bring out the greens. "The stablemaster commended your composure and work that you performed during the week, and you should not need to return the next week. And I've spoken with your other professors and you are dilligent in your studies during this week." Fabricus starts, matter-of-factly.

"Yes, Professor. I always undertake each task I am assigned to the best of my ability. Grandmother said that it is important that we use all of our strengths to complete each and every assigned task." He begins eating, unless the social cues are such that he shouldn't, but bringing food by a servant is a pretty big cue. :smiley:

Clement will attend.

((feel free to hop in whenever))

For the setting, this is a studio attached to (but outside of) Fabricus's sanctum. It is lavishly appointed and decorated, no expense was spared, and on his mantle are several items as well as laurels and trophies of previous contests and other accolades. It leaves quite an impression ((the Aesthetics is rather high)).

"Slow down Ambrose, we may have other guests coming. Have some bread." he offers a basket with a sliced loaf. "I like dandelion salads myself, though some find them bitter." he says as he takes a bite from his greens.

"Very well. I am ignorant of proper etiquette, it's not something I've been taught nor had an interest in."

"Well that's a good start then. If you lend your strength to tasks then lend it to this; table manners. I'm not strict mind you, I don't follow too many conventions myself. But here are some things that one can do; sit up, use the napkin to clean your hands and not the tablecloth or your tunic. Ask for something to be passed rather than reaching for it. Since you're no longer a hapless naïf, you should endeavor to serve your elders in some situations. As you are my guest though, it is right that I serve you or have you served. Eat your food slowly and appreciatively. Manners can speak a lot for oneself and one's station. Can you try that Ambrose? Mind you, I don't feel you've broken decorum in any severe way, but we all have room for improvement, myself included."

((Fabricus doesn't have etiquette either, so he's only going to mention the very basics at most))

Ambrose nods.

((Roll folk Ken))

((No Folk Ken, maybe Intrigue?))

Nope... Just roll perception.

Fiona will attend unless she's doing someone else (random die roll on my table says no lucky tonight), so she will be there in her Petite Masquerade form, wearing her magical robes (preferably before Ambrose gets there, if possible).

Fiona also raises a brow at Ambrose's attitude as well, but says nothing. She is a guest, herself, after all, and she's content to see how Ambrose and the others interact.

((If the Folk Ken is for everyone, she rolls a Per 0 + Folk Ken 3 + die roll of 2 = 5, or 6 if her Specialization of "Men" applies.))

[color=blue]"Ambrose, tell us about your grandmother. I've heard of her, of course, but haven't yet made her acquaintance."

(and I just realized that Fiona doesn't have Etiquette either. Hunh.)

Assuming Clement has been there since the beginning.

Folk Ken 5 + Per 4 + 1d10=9 = 18

[hr][/hr]
Just in case
etiquette (1d10=3) + etiquette 4 + int +2 = 9

Etiquette at the dinner table depends on the company you are with. If you are gently Gifted as I am you may be called on to visit various mundanes of power like nobles or the clergy. It does well to understand their rules of behavior so as not to insult them. Even if you would rarely be in attendance with such people there are forms of etiquette among magi. Knowing the basic forms does help in some situations. Say, a dinner with magi of superior rank that you might want to influence or impress.

The simplest form is to not talk with food in your mouth. Do not spill your drink. Have a piece of cloth handy to wipe your hands or face. I keep one in my lap for this purpose.

And complement the host. It never hurts to flatter people.

Fiona, you look lovely tonight. I think that your robes set of your hair and eyes in a most fetching manner.

Master Fabricus, thank you for the invitation to this dinner. The food has been wonderful.

"My grandmother is an amazing woman. She can control the weather and says the same talent lies within me. She can also fly with the help of winds. She sent me here to be grounded in the Arts, to the degree she never was. That, and she's in the process of becoming a Flambeau and didn't want to confuse my lineage." He seems genuinely upset by this. He avoids Clement's perceptive gaze as much as possible.

Clement is used to some magi and others, who know of his ability with Mentem avoiding his gaze. He will keep watching Ambrose to see if it might be this or is something else causing him to look away.

Why would it confuse your lineage? You are not being trained as a Tytali so there is no expectation that you would go there. I think that when you pass your Gauntlet, you will be able to choose from a House that suits you. Perhaps before your Gauntlet if you know. Of course some Houses may be closed for the moment.

"My grandmother has told me that no magus from this school will ever become a Tytalus." Ambrose says, simply.

Clement looks at Ambrose for a moment. If you act like a Tytali then you will become one. It might not be right out of the school. If you follow the Analects, you will be recognized as a Tytali. There have been members of My House who have been called Tytalus so I'm sure, if you put your mind to it, you could do it.