1271.3f As You Like It

Margerethe shrieks with girlish glee...and then with surprise as she finds herself twirling, twirling, ever spinning towards the other students, and she tries to avoid crashing into anyone. Qik -3 + die roll of 7 = 4.

Babette is suddenly grasping at air and she lets out a surprised gasp as she falls back and lands on her rump. "You silly goose! Why did you let go?" she calls after Margarethe and then claps her hand over her mouth as she sees the other girl go stumbling. "Watch out!"

Julius will attempt to sacrifice his defense to catch Margarethe (if allowed).

Averell attempts to roll with falling down, and it looks as if he's going to make it. But half-way through the roll something goes wrong, and he ends up face first in the dirt.

[hr][/hr]
Averell is still on the ground.

Attempt to get up: Stress die of 1, with a second stress die of 3. Doubled is 6, - Dex of 3 = 3. Against the Ease Factor of 6 means that Averell is still on the ground.
Defense: Stress die of 8 - Quickness 3 - 3 for still being on the ground = 2.

(Alright, on behalf of Trogdor...)

Both Imric and Julius square off one another, and land ineffective punches on each other, easily dodging out of the way of the well telegraphed punches.

The next round Margerethe spins into Julius and Imric and knocks them both to the ground, while Babette spins into Ambrose and Averell, knocking Ambrose directly on top, with Babette lying next to the two.

Twigberry shouts out, "I said to practice fighting each other. If you don't learn some basic techniques, you're going to find yourself in a world of hurt when your magic runs dry. I've seen magi fall into exhaustion that their next spell will cause them to pass out. How do you think they survive? By knowing how to defend themselves, at least a little bit and allowing for a little bit of luck. Luck favors the prepared, it always does. Now I mean it..." He walks over to Babette and hauls her up ungently and then to Margerethe and does the same, never letting go of the two. "Fight. And if you won't fight each other, I'll switch one of you out with Ambrose."

"Now, go again."
((No new initiatives, keep them as they've been rolled.))
[hr][/hr]
Imric's actions...
Initiative is -2: invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4564435/
Attack is 1: invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4564436/
Defense is 7: invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4564437/

((OOC: You want a new post from me, or should we use my last one where Averell is still on the ground?))

New, post you had a chance to reset, as did everyone else.

Averell, having finally picked his clumsy self up off the turf, turns to face Ambrose once again. This time, instead of keeping it simple, he attempts to feign a kick, hoping to fake Ambrose out with the right hook that is his true attack. And he hopes that this doesn't leave him off-balance or open to a counter from the young boy.

[hr][/hr]
Attack: Stress die of 8 - 3 (Dex is -3) = 5.
Defense: Stress die of 6 - 3 (Qui is -3) = 3.
Initiative is still 13; Soak is still -2.

Julius is distracted by TwiggnBerry's works and goes about the exercise hap-haphazardly

[hr][/hr]

Attack dex -2 + attack (1d10=4) + 2 = 4
Defense Quick -1 + defense (1d10=3) + brawl 2 = 4

Margerethe looks up at Babette. [color=purple]"I'm sorry," she says before she lays into her friend, fists and feet flying like a whirlwind.

She hasn't yet rolled Initiative (since they were playing crack-the-whip in the first round). So, Qui -3 + die roll of 5 = 2.

Attack roll: Dex – 3 + Brawl 0 + die roll of 7 = 4.

Defence roll: Qik -3 + Brawl 0 + die roll of 5 = 2.

Babette pulls against Twigberry's grip. "No..! I won't!" she whines, her happy game turning to tears at his order. When he's let her go she looks up just in time to see Margarethe charging at her. "Ahhh!" she shrieks and cowers into a ball.

((Just making a defense roll
1d10-1 → [5,-1] = (4) Quick 1(-1 for age) 0 Brawl 4
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4565326/

Twigberry interrupts after Margarethe's punch lands. "Young lady, if you can't practice fighting against your friends, how do you think you'll handle any of your enemies? Would you rather square off against Ambrose, or one of the other boys? Do you wish to toughen up so much?"

Ambrose easily defends against the attack coming his way, and counters with a light jab that connects but doesn't do anything but surprise Averell.
[hr][/hr]
Defense: 9
Attack: 4
Ambrose's attack is greater than Averell's defense. Ambrose has an Attack Advantage of 1. Attack advantage 1+1 Str -2 Size is 0 damage. Since damage is 0, there is nothing to soak.

Imric does what he can, but his attacks are simple.[sup]1[/sup] At ten his brawling skills are fairly basic. But he shows some surprisingly good footwork, getting out of the way of Julius's punches.[sup]2[/sup]

[hr][/hr]
[sup]1[/sup] Attack Roll = 1d10-1=3

[sup]2[/sup] Defense Roll = 1d10=8

Babette sniffles and snuffles and finally nods, standing up and holding her hands up in a weak imitation of what was shown to her. "I hate this!" she snaps and then stamps her foot before making an attempt at a strike on Margarethe.

((Brawl roll, Brawl 0, Dex +1 -2 for age:

1d10-1 → [6,-1] = (5)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4567423/))

The blow is easily seen from afar and looks more like an attempt at a slap than anything else.

((Defense roll: Brawl 0, Quick +1, Age -2
1d10-1 → [2,-1] = (1)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4567424/))

Babette seems to forget any pretense at defense as she makes her strike and is wide open for a counter attack.

Margerethe's actions (on Init 2)

Attack: -3 + die roll of 2 = -1.

Defence: -3 + die roll of 8 = 5.
[hr][/hr]The next round, she will continue her flailing attacks, since that's all she knows how to do.

Attack: -3 + die roll of 3 = 0.

Defence: -3 + (die roll of 0, with a Botch check of 1) 0 = -3.

It's like the dice are saying her heart's not in it. :laughing:

At Babette's comment about hating this Twigberry smiles, "I hate fighting too. But I'm good at it so I don't have to fight. If someone knows that you can fight well and perhaps better than they can fight, they won't fight you directly. They'll come at you indirectly through subordinates and schemes. So, you must be good at schemes, too. But Fiona has that matter well in hand, and for me, my task is to give you some basic competency for defending yourself. There are times where your magic will fail you. And then what do you do if you didn't learn how to fight like Twigberry said?"

Julius seems much more interested in defending himself than hurting Imric. His punches are weak as he seems afraid to leave himself open to being stuck.

[hr][/hr]

Attack: Dex -2 + Brawl 2 + attack (1d10=4) = 4
Defense Quick -1 + brawl 2 + defense (1d10=8) = 9

Averell, having been tagged by Ambrose once again, starts to fume. He tries to keep his cool, but he's grown tired of being hit, then falling, then being hit, all the while unable to get in any type of strike of his own.

I'm faster than him; why can't I just CONNECT?

He lashes out with another series of strikes, hoping to not only tag Ambrose but not leave himself open to yet another punch.

[hr][/hr]
Attack: Stress die roll of 9 - Dex 3 = 6.
Defense: Stress die roll of 9 - Qui 3 = 6.
Initiative is still 13; Soak is still -2.

Babette scowls at Twigberry's words, but she keeps her hands up to defend herself and tries another strike at Margarethe.

((Strike:
1d10-1 → [7,-1] = (6)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4573249/

Babette winces and almost pulls the punch because it looks like it could possibly hit. "Duck!" she yells to Margarethe and then makes a halfway decent dodge back herself.

((Defense:
1d10-1 → [7,-1] = (6)
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4573251/