6b Back at Home

Ameline will move to examine the flame and seek to understand what it does and how it works by asking questions as opposed to using it. It there is any chance that it might be blasphemy, she will mediate on it but not use it.

Metron is indeed her highest concern as she has been charged with the protection of Kesara. She is very concerned that Marcellous is going to be so busy with the giant that the flambeau will be able to sneak into the covenant and kill the girl. A vision from St. James has higher priority than a request from an Andorra member that she might seek membership another manner if she must.

She prays for a guidance as to which way to go since the vision that brought her here had a second part and the trip away from the covenant might related to that.

Decimus speak with who ever seems appropriate. [color=red]I will uphold my duties to this covenant so that I can become a member. Is there any preparation that needs to be done here? I have some skill with ceremonial magic that I place at the covenants service.

Antonio was there with you.

So...how is Marcellus going to try to convince Viola?

Scott

Dimir Taar has seemed strangely out of touch since his return from the caves. Maybe it has awakened more of his overwordly heritage? He said little, and showed himself even more.

Still, he came to the council, quietly listening, eyeing every magus present. Then, at least, a semblance of life comes to his traits. Without even coming forward, in a calm voice, he says:
[color=red]
You realize, of course, that we have unfinished business and are far less ready for this that we were for the faeries?

I doubt he will be successful :wink:

OOC: You have realized what several others have also realized. Running off on an emergency rescue mission is foolhardy and suicidal. You are underprepared, fatigued from your ordeals in the faerie caves, and a threat to this covenant is on the loose in the material world, and he will most likely come here to this very place.

Ameline regretfully informs Marcellius and the council, [color=red]"While I would like to assist in the rescue of our sodalis, they chose to go to Val Negra and we do not know that they require rescue or that they can not with the resources of that covenant find their way back. On the other hand, there is a renegade that should be marched on the loose that I have good reason to believe will be coming here to Andorra and will be killing a number of its membes. If you are occupied with a Giant, then we require mages present dedicated to protecting the custos and consortes and covenant resources from this renegade. I regret that the road to membership will be much longer and harder by this choice, it is clear that my duty is to stay here. I do request access to your library to perhaps study arts and skills that perhaps will better prepare me for battle with the renegade."

((as much as I wanted to invent a spell this season, I guess that Ameline would really study the parma book (the sorcerer's shield) if she is given access. Which would result in 14 xp to parma thanks to book reader))

You never know. I suspect though that now he's going to try to convince Dimir Taar instead.

Scott

Yeah. Right. Go ahead, make my day.
[color=red]We've got business here, and I have full confidence in Xalbator to guide them out of this. I'll go, but if, and only if, everything's clear here.

Horns sound off, for Antonio and Rodrigo have finally returned home.
And they have brought many guests with them (all the new characters and a bunch of npc's).

[color=green]Archmagus Antonio Perez of Flambeau: [color=red]Hey! What's up?

[color=green]Carmen: [color=red]"What's up?" That's all you have to say? Why I..., she drops her pretenses suddenly and runs to her fathers arms and embraces him.

Theseus Ex Merinita: "Ego sum Illa Theseus, Ego sum a member of Ordo in bonus superstes may Ineo?"

Looking up from near a small pony, a tiny figure calls forth " Capio is is est conventio ex Andorra?... Ego sum Illa, Saul ben Asher, may Ineo?"

(My latin is poor, translates as --Theseus " I am Theseus, I am a member of the order in good standing, may I enter?"... from Saul "I take it this is the covenant of Andorra? I am Saul ben Asher, may I enter?"

English is the new Latin :laughing:

You enter with Lejla the Redcap and Archmagus Antonio.

As the caravan and group arrives, there is a slender figure working with a hawk on a lure. Basic training and practice for the a bird of prey. The figure has a soft eye towards the bird.

When the group comes in, he frowns and quickly gloves and hoods the hawk to prevent it from getting scared by sudden commotion. While he is in metal scale armor save for his falconeer's glove, there is no emblem of service or loyalty. Indication of a mercenary.

Dimir Taar just looks bored, save by antonio's return. Now, someone who understands Life!

Ameline,

Rewinding back to when you asked about it, Carmen offers to show you the Eternal Flame of Andorra. She leads you to the furthest corner tower, down a flight of stairs, down another corridor and some more stairs, a few twists and turns and a final set of stairs; and then you stand before a massive stone slab.

[color=green] Carmalita Maria Diana Perez, aka Carmen filia Antonio of Flambeau: [color=red]This is the Vault of Valdarius, the most impregnable magical vault of it’s kind.
She produces a silver key from her pouch and touches it to the stone door of the vault, which then fades away revealing the interior of the vault and the jumbled chaos of the contents within.
[color=red]There is all kinds of bizarre stuff down in here. Over there is a werewolf pelt; that is the Phoenix Sword (and it shouldn’t be there, hmmm); there is a chest storing some reserve vis for emergencies; another piece of the true cross? Wonder when they picked that up…; no one has organized or cataloged the contents in over a generation. Only thing that is more disorganized is the Collection of Kyra kept upstairs. That’s Dimir Taar’s fault, he was supposed to catalogue everything a long time ago.

Ah! There it is!

Lithe little Carmen climbs up a shelf, finds a small bag tucked away in the back, then climbs back down. Then she leads you out, closing the door behind her with the key, back up the stairs, through some twisting corridors, up some other stairs, down another set of stairs, and down a long hall to a huge door. She opens it, and inside you find a roaring jet of flame shooting forth from natural rock (this chamber was built around it).

[color=green]Carmen: [color=red]This is the Eternal Flame of Andorra, which has burned here since ancient days before this covenant was founded. It has many strange and subtle powers, and much of the magic power of this castle is ties to this flame. It can never go out.
She draws forth the bag she obtained from the Vault. It contains a multicolored luminescent powder.
[color=red]Frederique of Flambeau vainly calls himself Fuego because he believes he understands the Art of Ignem better than any magus alive. He has spent much of his time studying this flame, and he invented this alchemical dust that triggers Visions if thrown into the flame and the fumes are inhaled. There are some mild side effects I think. Nausea or something. Anyway, wanna try it?

[color=green]Antonio of Flambeau: [color=red]Dimir! What the heck is going on arond here. I brought some friends I met to visit (the new players[color=red], and you guys are already holding a freakin' convention! I hear people whining about some lost expedition, crying abbout the horrors of the faerie caverns of entropy, and claims that you guys found the passage to Val-Negra. I am really confused here. Can someone tell me what is going on? I have an Archmagus Convocation to prepare for, I don't have time for this. Give me the quick run down if you could...

I know, easier said than done :smiley:

[color=red]"No, on consideration, I would not like to try it unless I understand it a lot more fully than your explanation. The lord gives me visions when he wishes me to have them that it almost seems blasphemous to use some magic item to ursurp him. Especially not an item that I do not understand. As for the vault, I would like to investigate and catalog it at some point in the future, especially if there are holy relics. Those should be treated with proper respect." Ameline has her decision. That plus she can always share her visions with imagonem magic.

So be it :wink:

OOC: The piece of the true cross, it is not authentic. It says right on the package "Genuine True Cross Fragment, 99 cents! Impress your friends!"

Marcellus!

Xavi, you get a special entry because there are many interesting things I wish to do with you. Now I know you just read Hedge Magic and you are entranced by the Grugachan. But do not forget who and what you truly are. You are a Hermetic Wizard from Catalan, born of giant-kin, who has traveled far and has studied from the Grugachan of Scotland. Perhaps it is your goal to integrate their magic into yours? Maybe you have obtained a mystery script or two? Is Marcellus a magus who wishes he was a Grugachan or a Trollsynir? And what does this have to do with the local giant?

Everything, that’s what. While everyone else was running around on their little adventures and escapades, you were protecting the covenant from certain doom. Marcellus recently completed a quest that increased his size, eating nothing but giant sized food stuff for an entire season (like those Griffon eggs, remember?).
While you were out hunting for food one day, you came across a trio of ogres, and you beat them up just for fun (they started it though, the fun was putting them in their place). Anyway, you managed to intercept a package intended for their master, Alberto the Terrible, the giant that lives on the mountain nearby. They were carrying the Cask of Ancient Winters, an ancient artifact of mysterious power. Alberto seeks revenge against Andorra, and he most likely was intending to use this as a weapon. Now that you have it, he is certain to make a move to try to get it back. You can guard it the rest of your life, hide it somewhere, destroy it, or go confront him. None of these options are easy, so I hope you have better ideas :smiling_imp: