a new arrival (fall 1220)

Penko would be happy to show his plans to this stunningly beautiful woman, and even make some suggestions for integrating pyramids. Maybe two pyramids could be summoned flanking the main structure, their architectural simplicity highlighting the complexity of Domus Aureus?

Meet Penko, the original Mr Smooth. Not.

“Well then I will vote with yes on both issues! Time and place to conjure the pyramid should be point of separate voting.”

Frederic will also offer his assistance in construction of the wall. He is clearly no terram magus. But he know the spell “Rock of viscid clay”

Once Antonious returns, Tomas will vote yes on admission to members. As for the pyramids, he looks around and shrugs. "I presume we are going to find some sources of vis. If we don't this all fails. So, with that assumption, spending the vis to get some structure seems like a good deal. As pond as we don't crush the temples, it works for me. As for whether we put the hospital inside, lets see what it looks like and then we can decide.

"Well, its my vis we would be using. That was part of the offer. A flower blossoms in my hair once a season and contains a pawn of creo vis. Anyway the point is if you refuse the covenant doesn't save any vis."

(OOC: Just a precisio the aura ends fairly close to the temple. I dont think we will be able to fit the pyramid inside the aura. )

(That's fine. It will make for a good place to experiment and have a hospital then. )

Tartessos will pretend he has a gavel. "While we didn't quite pry yesses out of everybody, the motion passes without any no votes. Maga Terra ex Merinita, a member in presumably good standing in the Order of Hermes, Your Soldales welcome you to your new home, humble though it may be."

I thank you then. I hope I shall be able to help the Covenant grow strong. she says with a slight bow.

OCC: Does Frederic knows about the ancient hammer? ?
If yes: He will ask respectfully and polite to have a look on it.

I do not believe Terra has mentioned it to anyone.

"Penko, do you want to try and figure out a good place to place the pyramid? It doesn't need to be in the aura. If we have some cheap parchment or paper and some charcoal I can sketch potential designs for the pyramid.

[tab][/tab]Acting scribe Maffeo provides wax tablet and stylus, parchment and charcoal. He will then copy any finished sketches.

Penko melts under Terra's attention. "Well, if we used two for symmetry, and put one here, and the other here...." He gets lost in the practicalities of integrating pyramids into his masterpiece.

"Two pyramids could certainly work. I'd recommend having at least one outside the aura if we do that. It seems rather strong here. But it seems like that won't be an issue. Still I think its a good idea. Well just tell me where you want them, and I'll cast the ritual. Terra turns to Maffeo Is there a tailor around here?

A quick note on the pyramid- in order to have 1000+sq ft of usable space for the top floor the usable area would have to be just over 10.54 paces on a side, the outer 2 paces in each direction will not be usable due to wall slope, requiring a total floor with 14.54 paces to a side meaning you either have 3 floors with a ceiling height of 12 feet and a lab with a ceiling height of 21 feet or 4 floors with a ceiling height of 7.7 feet and the lab has again a 21 foot ceiling. The first has a total usable area of 10088 sq ft including the lab, the second 13212 sq ft. I'm going to assume the second...

based on this, each pyramid can hold 7 points of inhabitants, and the lab space will have the attributes from construction: superior construction, auspicious shape (reduces available space from +4 to +3 size due to wall slope and excessive ceiling height), and elevated.

Hmmm...I thought we are putting the pyramid/s outside the aura, so why make space for labs? Unless you mean generic workshops? If so those should be at the bottom floor, right?

Original research. You get one botch die, plus your risk modifier, plus the aura strength. Its fairly easy to get three or four safety. Spacious+Superior Construction+One refinement for example. 13 or 14 OTOH is a major effort.

Anyway I was planning on three floors.

The reason is that is the way they are designed in the spell. Now if someone wants to go into the "lab" and set up ore living quarters there will be some expense related to that and I can figure out the maximum level of 'improvement' possible for a pyramid, but as they stand they are designed by the spell stats.
3 floors will reduce the available space and inhabitant points to 5, as conjured, and technically should remove the elevated virtue which requires you to be at least 4 floors up. And at an elevation of just over 7.5 paces it is a fairly borderline call...

Labs outside the aura will eventually be useful. I didn't realize just how useful it would for original research until now. Another ideal use for them is as a teaching classroom. Lab type classrooms can add up to 3 points to a teaching source quality, and can be used to advance grogs if outside the aura.

So, one for research and one for a classroom would be ideal, even if we don't set them up immediately.

Hakima could also use one for philosophical experimentation, which would not require an aura.