A walk in the garden (Summer 1235)

Carlos is not one to disagree with a woman who presses her chi-chis against his face.
[color=blue]Let's go then! Which way?

"This way" the woman runs towards an archway made of two trees entwined together, with rose bushes in front and around the entryway. As she approaches the roses part to make a path, and you can hear what sounds like something vaguely wolf like but the size of a bull charging through the undergrowth from the other direction.

Epona and Lucia had been trailing slightly behind Carlos, the busty woman, and (presumably) Bernat.

When they hear the wolf-bull-thing charging toward them, Epona grabs Lucia and pulls her behind her, and draws her knife. [color=brown]"'Just a nice, romantic picnic with friends,' she said," she grumbles, almost under her breath. [color=brown]"'What could possibly go wrong?' she said. Of all the times to leave my gear behind."

Her Initiative (dagger) is 0 + Lack of Encumbrance 2 + (die roll of 1, followed by a die roll of 7) 14 = 16.

Yes, Bernat's following on. He's trying to keep to cover as much as possible (Dex 3 + Stealth 5 + Stress die 1d10=10, then 1d10=6 - 8, no botch. It is Dex, right?).

I assume Vibria disarmed him when she took him in; he sidles up to Epona when she draws her dagger: Do you have a spare? I'm unarmed.

When he first showed up, yes. But presumably enough time has passed and he has convinced them of his bona fides by now that he's been re-armed.

He could easily be carrying a knife or dagger, even if he had a sword back it is unlikely he would bring it along for a picnic (he isn't that used to covenant life yet). As the women and Berat turn to confront the beast the busty woman calls back "Hurry!" as she passes the rose bushes and they begin to close behind her.
The beast crashes through the brush and stands before you- the size of a bull ad with a muzzle like a wolf it also boasts great horns of a bull and a reptilian hide, and great sprawling claws. A fog of vapor escapes it's nose as it huffs once and takes in the situation, eyes literally flaring red as it eyes the busty woman disappearing into the rose bushes.

I believe this is happening between Bernat's arrival and the council meeting three days later, while he's "on probation", so to speak. But I could well believe he's managed to find a way to re-arm himself somehow. :slight_smile:

And don't forget heavily injured... he has some major bonuses to his recovery rolls, but nobody spent vis on instant healing.

Ah, good point. I'm not 100% familiar with ArM injuries - he was caught in the side by a crossbow bolt, which I guess is definitely Medium and might well be Major; I don't know whether his accelerated recovery would have improved that yet?

In any case, Bernat will, as before, attempt to get into some cover to flank the beast. Hopefully the bush and roses will offer somewhere to hide.

The roses are on the opposite side of you than the beast, if you try and flank (get behind) the beast you will be moving away from them.

Hmm, ok. In which case, Bernat simply holds his weapon ready, and eyes up the terrain to be prepared for what looks like becoming a fight.

Initiative roll: 0 (Dagger) + Qik 2 + Encum 0 - wound 3[sup]*[/sup] + stress roll 10, then 6 = 0, no botch = -1 total. Lovely

[hr][/hr][sup]*[/sup][size=85]I have my book now. Looking at the +6 damage done by a short bow, I reckon Bernat likely suffered a Medium wound (6-10).[/size]

Carlos' Initiative is 11! (Quik +2, die roll 1d10=9)
He stands in front of Chi-chi (the unknown lady's new nickname :mrgreen: ), faces down the savage beast...
And he plays guitar for the creature :smiley:
Dex +2, Music 5 (guitar), die roll 1d10=7, equals 15

The rose bushes close behind you as the woman disappears. The beast glares after her disappearing form, then stalks away, apparently uninterested in a direct confrontation with the group.

♪, ♫
Carlos looks relieved as the beast slinks away. Then he turns to find the woman has disappeared
"[color=blue]Chi-chi! Hey, Chi-chi! Where did you go?"

Epona looks around, looking for either the dire wolf or Charo, not relaxing yet. She saw the woman vanish into thin air, but doesn't quite believe that she saw it. Lucia looks around nervously.

The garden looks the same as when you woke up, save for the tracks of a giant wolf leading towards then away from the group.

Epona looks at the others. She has (probably) never seen a wolf that size before, and hopes she never does again.

[color=brown]"What do you think? Should we go after it? And if so, should I go back and get my gear first?"

F... ff... from w... w... where? Th... the h... h... hou... house is nnnn... not ww... w... where it ww... was!

I ss.. say we f... f... follow that l... l... lady. Sh.. she sss seems t.. t.. to know s... s... something of wh... what's ha... happening.

[color=blue]But where did Charo go? Oh, my sweet Chi-chi!
And Carlos plays a romancero lamenting lost love.

Epona seems unconvinced, but agrees with the plan to follow the mystery lady.