Abe's Ideas

vis locator
rego mentum 60(vim)
besically you locate the largest concentration of vis (besides yourself) in the local area!
range-journey
target-ind.
duration-sun

Locating (Sensing) Vis would be InVi, surely?
And pretty easy at that - see p. 156 of ArM4

sorry,didn't know that.

no worries

Indeed, it's no biggie.

origami knowledge!
regomentum(herbum,animal)15
basically you gain instant knowledge on how to make a animal using nothing more than paper & the use of origami!
range-self
duration-sun
target-ind.

The easiest, and already documented way, to obtain knowledge is written in HoH:TL, page 140: The Face in the Mirror ReMe 40 allowing you to bind a ghost within thyself and use readily available skills. The spell does have some serious negative consequences and in my opinion it is not acceptable to relinquish the use of Parma for some other skills.

As the possibility of obtaining skills not owned by the Maga is established, I was ready to search for alternative methods. Thanks for the great work in A&A p32 and the Core ARM InMe guidelines I have put together the following:

First of all the knowledge has to come from somewhere. You cannot create what you don't know, so I was thinking about the following spell as the base:

Steal the Secrets of the Trade In(Cr)Me 45 (Base 25, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, Ind, +1 Creo Req)
By touching the bearer of the desired knowledge, the Maga can bless another touched person (or thyself) with the knowledge and all the related memories of a profession or a trade. Unfortunately the strong magic immediately grants not only the knowledge, but also a warping point to both participants.

The above spell is great if you have the knowledge in hand* and binding a ghost/spirit can give you the necessary part. Again, HoH:TL p.140 Voices from Hollow Spaces grants us the perfect example to bind the desired ghost to our Circlet of Knowledge, allowing us a way to bind the Sage-ghost, with all the knowledge a humble Maga can desire and readily browse from the ancient catalogue.

In short, the idea is to create a magical circlet with two invested effects: first, to bind a ghost; second to read and create the desired knowledge to whoever uses the circlet.
On the question of how to grant the wearer the knowledge what skills he can choose from... it might be that the simplest answer is: none. The wearer has to say loudly (in a language the ghost understands) what knowledge she wants.

Thoughts? Do you think the extent of knowledge would require a Finesse roll?
I can easily envision the situation where the knowledge syphoned from the bond ghost can overwhelm the Maga (botched Finesse roll).

* pun intended

the spells porbibly would need a fenese roll in my opinion.

There's also the Faerie Pretense way, although it wouldn't work well for knowledge... How to you fake knowing things?

create vinegar creoaquam 10(perdoaquam 10 maybe?)
basically you create vinegar with the alcoholic beverage of your choice!
range-sight
duration-inst
target-liquid
tell me what you think of this spell & how it might be used in a adventure & how it might be made better!

cream pie(CreoHerbam, Animal, Corpus, last one maybe?)35
basically you shoot out a cream pie that hits the target creature in the face!
range-voice
target-ind.
duration-inst.

If you create the vinegar from an existing alchoholic liquid, PeAq would certainly do.

PS: Please consider using capitals with techniques and forms - makes it much easier to see what's going on at a glance

did that with the last spell I put down, thanks for the tip!

b.o.!
effect-you have the target send out POWERFUL body odor of the worst kind!
RegoCorpus 10
range-sight(so the target dosn't see who cast the spell on him/her
target-ind
duration-sun
what do you think of this spell?

item(wand of a thousand odors)
this wand can send out ANY odor the user can imagine!
made of iron covered in skunk hide!

fossilize muto(herbum, animal, corpus)25
the parts in the prenthasiese are because you can fossilize plants, people or animals!
range-touch
duration-moon
target-ind
tell me what you think of this spell!

job search!
you find a local that can use some help you can help with!
inteigomentum 25
duration-sun(long enough to find the person basically)
distance-sight
target-ind

any thought on my spells or items?

whoops there it is
Creo(any) gen
you can conjure any object that can disrupt another wizards spell(must be a physical object in most cases)the bigger the level the most disrupting the effect
duration-inst
range-sight
taget-ind.
what do you think?

Same as some people voiced in this thread many moons ago.

Specifically...

AND