Abe's Ideas

It took me months, but I no longer have much restraint toward Abe.

To explain why I cannot put it better than Timothy did here.

so im stupid at this game dosn't mean I can't produce good ideas from time to time.

From time to time, I agree. Less than you might imagine though.

Happy Holidays Abe

Fixed your typo.

To be honest, I found some of your ideas very funny, mostly because they were so off-topic, but none of them were good, nor of any use in an Ars Magica game.

And I'm quite convinced you're not stupid either. It's been fun, let's move on.

I second that notion!

It continues to worry me that people openly condemn how one person enjoys role playing, as if they alone had a monopoly on the only way to have fun.

I've seen ideas far, far less useful than some of Abe's scattered about on these boards, but no one felt obliged to savage those contributors, much less continually stalk and openly flame them after decrying them, as if it were a competition.

Abe's ideas are useful to me by contrast, or by opening a door to a tangential thought (enchanting temporary foodstuffs like applesauce, for instance.)

If Abe's contributions are a bit confused or confusing to some, he makes up for that in sheer enthusiasm, and good will and tolerance for those who disagree with him. And that's more than many of us can say for ourselves.

Cuchulainshound, you do make a just case.

But I have to add that what makes most of us annoyed at Abe is unrelated to how he plays or what he enjoys ingame, but how he acts on the board. And that is all that counts - not what your gaming preferences are.

He asks for responses and many people have spent many hours helping him, just to find that he has not read the rules nor intend to, and most of all that he asks for help repeatedly and takes no effort in listening to people who spent a lot of time answering those calls. And that he stuffs the sticky threads with completely unrelevant material. Moreso it ticks several people off that he comes off as faking certain challenges, and thus makes a heartless jest on behalf of the people truely suffering from such.

Call me a bastard, but I have little tolerance left for Abe, and it took me a long time to get there.

I have yet to see any group that has anything but dissension due to Abe.

The arguments and ill-feeling generated by response to his so-called "ideas"
far outweigh any value they might have in and of themselves.

thanks for the kind words as follows

again thanks!

I thought the original more correct...

new spell-icefall
requisites-creoterram(aquam)25
range-vision
duration-sun
target-far
tell me if this is better than my other posts,please!

1. "Far" is a range, not a target. So, do you want "Sight" or "Far"?
  2. You never say what your spells are supposed to do. How do you expect us to adjudicate them?
  3. Why level 25? Be specific.

sorry I meant sight
& your right 20 would work better.
this spell is suppost to create a instant & daylong hailstorm.

Now, what is the target?

Why? Explain how you arrive at that number.
And no, it is not supposed to be a guess, you should know that by now.

Why didn't you say so in the first place? Weather is Auram. Read the guidelines.

Still as uninformed as ever , due to having no rules of any kind to refer to.
But as you can't actually learn anything ,
in that you are physically incapable of learning anything (or so you claim) ,
then we can only expect that it never will be better.

And get over your standard response of claiming that you try.

If you Have No Rules!!!! , then replying to any of your posts is pointless ,
except to remind everyone once again that we are not therapists ,
and that you Can Never Learn Anything!!!!

This thread will be closed if even one more derogatory post is put up here. Seriously, people, count to 10 before you post or something!

Sorry , but i think the Thread should be closed.

I am stating what i see to be the case in as blunt a manner as possible.
Abe gets cut slack because he claims an unproven disability.
Regardless of whether this is true or not ,
he persistently asks questions related to the 4th Edition rules ,
when he has not even bothered to get a download of the free copy.

If his claims of a particular learning disability are true , even if he has the rules ,
nothing we say or do can help him.
He makes the same mistakes over and over again is his claim.

A sticky Thread with one example of each of his questions and a provided answer by anyone interested , may provide a solution.

Alternatively , a 4th Edition only Forum could be created.
He can post any questions he has there , without cluttering up (the mostly) 5th Edition forum.
(this was why Tuura suggested the two Abe specific threads)
Obviously , he can post a general comment on any thread question , as some of us do ,
and we can use the ignore option if we so choose.

His irrelevant posts in topics , on which he is unable normally to comment meaningfully , has been annoying.

Once again, I'll remind everyone about the handy "Ignore" feature that I added to these boards for just this kind of situation. Please use it liberally.

How many people have the ignore feature applied to them apart from Abe?
(I know at least one person has done it to me)

If one poster is being sufficiently annoying to the majority of what is a relatively small group ,
that they are the only forum member who has the majority of other posters using the ignore feature on that person ,
then some stronger remedy than the ignore option might be required on the part of the moderators.

Abe does not frequent the larger fora (such as Wizards , though he is on Paizo) where his annoyance factor would be negligible.

I don't think it is at all unfair to expect someone participating in a game related forum ,
to at least have a copy of an edition of the rules for that game.
(especially as the 4th edition is free in this case)