Abe's Ideas

spell-news more the mages
effect-you transmit a series of words to a mage you have a connection to
requisite-mutoarum(to transmite the message in the first place(optionally mentum))
duration-echo(makes the most sense to me)
range-contenental(with connection)
target-magi(it only transmits words NOT SPELLS)
tell me what you think of it.

Words are species/sounds - not vibrations - and thus the correct form would be Imaginem - and since you are not changing anything but creating something the technique is Creo.

No such thing.

No such thing - continental? Are we speaking magic or ballistic missiles? The range for anything which relies on an Arcane Connection is simply: Arcane Connection - no matter the physical distance.

How many times do you need us to tell you that the target has no what so ever with the "kind" of it? the target cannot simply be magi! It would be Individual if the target is seen as a magus. Some might argue that it is a series of words - hence it might be group..?

I'n my sage we recently introduced a couple of stones with a similar effect. You have to consider that the Parma might make this particularly difficult to cast. And you also have to consider if this is used to "spy" during. Get back to the laboratory and gives us feed back when you get it going by the basic rules!

You are just making this up aren't you? "Echo" "Contenental" "magi" - those are none of them listed as Range/Duration/Target in any ArM book.

Try reading the damned book - look at "Words Of Unbroken Silence" CrMe.
Try reading the section on the Arts (so you see the difference between Muto & Creo, and between Auram, Mentem & Imaginem), and read the section on Range, Duration & Target.

You won't get respect if you just make up RDT - use the standard ones for most spells...

Thank you for the ideas put into this. I like this thread :slight_smile:
The flying spell: The easiest way to do this is by enchanting an items with wings of the soaring wind. Like the cloak you mentioned. And add a maintain concentration effect.
Some of the other spells must be fae in nature: Such as the echo effect. Where the spells are of a lower lvl than they normally would be. But they must have an effect that is faerie in nature. So I suggest you give them to a monster you create and use in a game session.
Eyes that shoot flames is a great spell. And you can adapt it from the book. It would make sense to a magus who gets a bonus from casting sight spells.
But lazer eyes are not. I instantly get the wrong picture in my mind. Of some superhero or another.
I would go with eyes that can set things a flame, or heat them up. Possibly blinding others by getting eye contact.
As for lvls and the real effects, you need to discuss that with your future troupe. What is allowed of effects is up to the people you are gaming with. Not to us on the forum. But I really like the basic ideas you post, and I hope that you will keep on posting. Sometimes great ideas devellop from very skechy ideas.

I still like the idea of the Infernal Magus only being able to fly if he has the flames shooting out of his arse.
:smiling_imp:

Thank Tuura. He created this thread bc half of the front page of the forum often was threads by Abe alone making it a tad bit difficult for those who might have other interests.

No need to go create the spell - it exist quite to letter of you suggestion in the Wizard's Grimoire (p. 164):

Now this is 4th edition - but since this is the edition Abe is claiming to know it will suit his needs well. I too find laser shooting eyes a bit to Marvel'ish, but if you want laser I guess you could use the guidelines for Ignem unchanged.

True. YMMV. Yet even though this of course is undoubtly a question of ones troupe (or one self in lack of a troupe) there isn't much idea of posting questions or debates here if not interested in hearing the opinions or thoughts of the people here, is there..?

And if some of us respond somewhat indifferent or cynical to Abe's posts it isn't out of level calculation and such, but rather that he never responds to the feedback he is offered, in spite of the volume of his posting, and I really don't think the indifference is born out of of abe's spell/level suggestions being seen as his personal preference or miscalculations, which is normally widely accepted, but more that when they veer so greatly from the standard Ars (4th or 5th) mechanics, it simply seems rooted in the perception that he has never shown any interest in the rules or even reading them. To people who do put a lot of thought into their postings and replies this is somewhat rude. This factors added up has worn on many peoples patience.

This a side I think it is a positive thing that new people rally with a more positive reaction.

Just my two half-sullen pennies. :smiley:

new spell-fever pitch
effect-you get a fever that can burn people
requisite-mutocorpus(bernum,not sure what is the technuiqe for fire)
duration-concentration
range-self
target-self

rectum, it damn near killed 'em!

hardy har ahr!

Honestly? I like it alot. Bravo abe.

I do think the name is a little too "modern" for a normal Ars game, but it's cool too.

How about:

Fever of the Infernal
MuCo 15
R: Personal D: Sun T: Ind
Req: Ignem

You infect yourself with such virulent fire humors that you actually can burn things with your touch. This will set alight very flammable materials, and over time cause your clothes to smolder and burn. While you are not damaged from the spell itself, you are not immune to any fire it creates. Your touch causes +1 damage to things with soak (which could be increased by a further +1/magnitude you invented this spell with).

(Base 5 (big guess here) Duration Sun (+2))

You could do much better, damage wise, just setting yourself on fire with a CrIg (Co) spell, but this has the advantage of not being so obvious.

You might also consider adding a negative effect from the fever (like -3 to concentration rolls) and lowering the magnitude a step or increasing the damage to +2.

new divination(possible)bibliomancy
effectivly you take a book ask a question & turn to a random page & plant a finger(without looking)on a random part of that page,whatever the sentance you land on is the awnser of the question you asked.
also -3 to concentrate & +3 to damage sounds about right for fever pitch.

see The Mysteries: Revised Edition for both Numerology & Divination. It's all in there...

oh key then(don't know where to get it)
ants-+3 to good luck in home/place of recidence(in the middle ages ants found in the home was concidered good luck)

Now you know!

Concerning ants and dragonflys etc they are good ideas but you really have to think about how they came to be used in a magic item.

new s&m bonus
chicken soup is + 4 to charm oppisit sex(read it in a uncle john's bathroom reader that the soup in question was a aprodisiake in the middle ages)

hmmm.... :astonished:

Have heard of wax.... or hot chocolate... :smiling_imp:

But I have never heard Chicken soup used as a SM bonus to charm the opposite sex... Maybe I dont get out enough these days...! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

P.S.: Abe most magi would want to enchant worthwhile things, and I dont know how long soup keep. As a lesser invested item perhaps?

Simple really , you just enchant a live chicken.
When the soup is required , a ReAn(Vi) spell will
(with a sufficient finesse roll)
make a tasty +04 [color=red]Chicken Soup of Seduction

Maybe this is the origin of Magi Chicken Soup.

For this, I vote that you be Marched.

:laughing:

I vote "Onolable Mention"

like I said this was found in uncle john's gigantic bathroom reader(as one of the blurbs under the main pages)