Abe's Ideas

That is some Alignment Change but maybe that is the only way to Protection from Evil 10' Radius... whopsidaisy, what did I just Confusion

Oh my deary - I could really need someone to Remove Curseme...

In other words - I might be headed the same way, yet so sad to give up on the young padowan.

I myself am more likely to resort to Torment, Triad of Plasma or Dark Absolution. Or to drop all pretenses and just grab my critical strike tables and start rolling 'E' crits. Ahhh, sweet Disintegration, lovely Mangling and dearest Electricity. How I missed you.

Or maybe take inspiration from Steven Brust and create a sea of Chaos somewhere near abe...

E crits.... isn't that Rolemaster? That is not D20 you Detect Evil !

OMG - Steve Jackson I Curse you for this insedious infiltration bot!

Asperger syndrome :stuck_out_tongue:
The White Wolf Fora had a persona named [color=violet]"Dune Genesis" ,
who also claimed to have this condition.
They were far more literate than you seem to be. :unamused:

E Depression Crits as caused by a Red Skeleton (a Type XII Undead , iirc)
which had ability in Custard Pie throwing as well as Bad Jokes and Puns.

Hmmm... although there is amble opportunity, in a positive spirit (laughing with, not at), to use irony in face off the sheer volume of Abe's seemingly unrooted ideas and questions - I still find that comment a stretch to far.

Respectfully,

Jeppe (who might himself have stretched to far :wink: )

I read just fine,I just can't write to good(I have a TOUGH time with spelling)

holograms(solid illiusions)just a thought!

They're called glamours. Holograms are not solid, though.

probably depends which reality is being confused with which... Real Life holograms are intangible - they are nothing more than light. However, the Star Trek TV & Movie series bring in a Fantasy reality in which a projection described by the play-characters is said to be solid, and named a "hologram".

But as Mithriel says - the closest thing in ArM, both 3e, 4e and 5e is the Faerie Glamour. See 3e "Faeries", 4e "Faerie Stories" or "Wizard's Grimoire Revised Edition", or 5e HoH: Mystery Cults in the Merinita write-up.

Unfortunately Abe is, yet again, refusing to help anyone to fil in details, by throwing out a short idea, at random, with no context... As we keep saying over and over - stop throwing out new ideas and go read the actual Ars Magica books!

Try asking a question or two about what is already in Ars Magica and see how much more positive the answers are...

I was thinking of star trek holograms/red dwarf "hard light"holograms of course(soory,I thought everybody would get it from the original post)

Maybe some sort of Terram or Auram requisite to give the image some form. This would add at least a magnitude to any spell effect (and have to be invented anew from any exhisting spell). Most Storytellers probally wouldn't allow this, or at least add an extra magnitude or two for an elaborate effect.

Maybe it would be easier to actually summon a creature that could take the form desired, or heck, even the thing you want.

Imaginem can create something that feels solid, but really isn't. There is nothing stopping you from actually going through, except your own expectations. If you want to create something that's really solid, you need to create a real thing using the appropriate Form, not Imaginem. Imaginem + Terram doesn't really help, unless you're trying to create a rock that appears to be a chicken but really is a rock.

Aye, that's how I'd rule it, too, but I'm trying to take a "mythbusters" approach and come up with SOME possiable idea that could fulfill his goal. Making air "hard" is the sort of thing I am sure magic can do, I'm just not sure how. Muto Auram with an Imaginem requisite? It's not something I'm excited about, but if Abe's troupe is willing to have it pass muster, I'm willing to throw out my, however lame, ideas.

Reguards,

-Tim

new spell-thundar burp
effect you send out a LOUD burp that disturbs animals/mundanes for the range
requisites-mutoarum(mentum)
duration-echo
range-far
target-animals/mundanes
tell me what you think og this spell.

Being of a curious inquisitive nateure... what is you inspiration for this spell name...? What do you intend with "disturb" - does it annoy them? Wake them from sleep? Make them throw up in heaps?

Can't be entirely requisite, you have to have the base Technique/Form of the spell, and the requisites wouldn't be mentem. It would be Animal for animals and probably Corpus for humans.

The actual Arts could aswell be CrAu as MuAu or even CrIm

That wouldn't do much good - and I know it is one of your own Durations - since it would be quite short, but heck go ahead.

Not possible - this range doesn't exist, and you have been told this several times. You could use Sight instead or more appropriate: Voice.

Abe! You have also been told severel times that these are not Targets - what you effect is determined by the Form of the magic, never the targets. Appropriate Target could be Group.

I think is an extemely silly spell and if one of my players tried to pull something similar I might feel "obliged" to get out of the chair and kick their behinds sore to the point of disturbing them....

I must say I for one read Abe's ideas first every time I come here, simply because sometimes they are bizarrely compelling, and partly because it s more entertaining than most of the things I can think of!

cj x

I'll admit to that as well.

Abe must be , [color=red]The Devil! :open_mouth:

the spell disturbs animals/mundanes by way of the burp awakining/scareing the living daylights out of the targets.thussly the mentum part of the spell.