Abe's Ideas

Hmm... I've long had a suspicion that Australia was merely a conspiracy of cartographers. Cunning of them to hire people with funny accents to appear on TV shows in order to perpetrate the hoax.

In this case, I believe abe is in fact correct. Educated people in the middle ages knew that the earth was (as the Venerable Bede wrote) "round like a ball" and not "round like a shield." The standard astronomical textbook of the late 13th century was De sphaera mundi.

Wikipedia has a pretty good article on the subject.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

Now, if you really do want to fall into heresy in this matter, you are in luck, for it is possible! The determined heretic may be able to make trouble by speculating on the theological status of the people dwelling in the antipodes (the "bottom" side of the earth). If it is impossible to cross the torrid clime at the equator to get to them, the inhabitants of the antipodes cannot be evangelized. Thus, either Christ has had to appear a second time among them (which is theologically problematic), they are irrecovably damned (also problematic), or they are somehow not in need of redemption (again, problematic). Asserting that you could travel through the torrid clime doesn't make you a heretic, but it might make you a crackpot.

Of course, since it is impossible to cross the equator, no one knows if there are people living in the antipodes or even if there is even solid land there for them to live on. Given that no descendent of Adam could succeed in crossing the torrid clime, however, it is probable that the antipodes remain uninhabited by men.

thank you!

new spell-curse of the anyoing music
effect-you are curse for at least one day with a tin ear,making ALL music anyoing to the victum
requisite-mutomentum(arum?(for the sounds of course))
duration-sun
range-echo(see above,not sure of the mdifier though)
target-enemy/anyoing person
tell me what you think of this spell!

"Blasphemy!" - to cite danish actor Ulrick Thomsen in Kingdom of Heaven (these passages are really hilarious if you fast forward). Australians sure as h*** aren't antipodes. And all of the wisdom of antiquety isn't wisdom at all - some of it's scholastic falsehood, but the Greeks being poor pagans couldn't help it. Some even claiming Gods creation not being the center of the universe!

Beside the thoughts of thinkers and great minds alike this doesn't neccesary constitute a concensus accepted fact - especially because the bible is heavily influenced by older mesopotamian flat earth concepts and thusly is what you find in the most influental book of the time (of most times). Flat or not - no I don't believe the Earth has ever been flat nor that belief determines reality, but in my version of ME it just one of those kinks just as the existence of faeries and devils and.... eh magic! In other words the ME of common people is often more coloured than the one of less common people. :laughing:

And even if such creatures exist beyond the realms of Prester John and the rim - their fate would be Limbo a.k.a. the bossom of Abraham since they have been denied the possibility of the baptism and the other sacraments and been untouched by the incarnation of Christ. :unamused:

But heck - "anything goes" is our forums well coined motto - and I'm certain that in a short spell when I'll be fast asleep I'll be dreaming of medieval aussie speaking legions of tin-eared and laser-eyed men marching in a wickedly devishly ploy to make mysterious crop circles.. .. and of how to make that dream a center plot of my next Ars session :open_mouth:

smiles

and now heads for bed.

I have to agree!

There were two kangaroos at the Cambridge Folk Festival this year, quite furry, and "well-endowed" (as they were keen to point out), who wore flying goggles against the dust, and spoke with very dubious accents. They did hop impressively, though...
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

(I have some trapped Species from the beings, but not here - Serf's Parma and all)

curse of the annoying words? (MuIm)
effect - your favourite forums are filled with strange words which almost, but not quite, relate to something you hold close - but off-beat enough to cause puzzlement and disorientation. "You, what?"
requisite-terram (for the keyboard), perdo (to destroy the spell-checker)
duration-indefinite
range-worldwide
target-willing victims only

tell me what you think of this forum!
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

hardy har har!

seriously,this board is called abe's ideas after all,these just happen to be my idea's,that's all!

spi-ware-flash buttons & enchanted lockpicks
the lockpicks are inchanted with the knock spell(I put that spell down earlier,you all thought at the time that it was a good spell.)
the flash button is alchemtical in origen,but it could probibly could be enchanted alternativlly.

That doesn't mean we wouldn't love for you to be less nonsensical. If you don't want to listen to our advice, why are you even posting here?

The spell itself is directly drawn from D&D, down to the name, so you can't really claim credit for it. As for the design, you'll have to provide a link because I'm too lazy to search for it. Even then, I'm pretty sure we've told you that a key would be a better item to invest such a spell into. It is symbolically more suitable.

What do they do? Cast Flash of the Scarlet Flames?

Alchemy is magic. It's not just mix A with B and you get a magic potion. In that respect, it's not really different from enchantment (though I reserve judgement until we see the new Hedge Magic) and there is no need for you to even mention it. In fact, if you look at the 4th edition Alchemy exceptional talent (you noticed it was there, right?), you'll find it just provides a bonus to enchantment...

I AM LISTING TO YOUR ADVICE,I JUST HAVE A HARD TIME at it(I have asburgers syndrome making it hard to follow threw with the advice a lot of the time!)

cape of flight-requisite-fly without wings(I think that spell has been done before)usage-unlimited!

Yes, it is feasible.

It is, however, too short on details to pass judgement. You need to follow the enchantment guidelines if you want us to evaluate your magic items. :unamused:

I was thinking of a cape that you put on then can fly,of course
I am just not sure how to make it,thats all.

Then you need to try to figure it out by yourself. We have already given you numerous examples of how to do it.

o.k then(sheesh)here goes,30 ranking mutocorpus(arum)50 total

Muto would help to give you wings, but not here. How did you come up with those numbers? Did you follow the rules in the book or did you pick them at random?

mutoarum then & the numbers sounded about right at the time.

in other words you are blatantly ignoring every single piece of coaching advice anyone in this forum has ever given you?

We have said time and time again - go and read the manual
read the examples,
follow the examples
work through the rules in stages and write down the stages
post your working in the forum and we'll try (again) to help.

Do not say "the numbers sounded about right" - show how and why you arrived and them, and from that "why they are right" (or not).

"Walk before you run" - before you try to invent more of the game, try to use what's there already. Before you try to combine in strange bits of DND, see how ArM itself works.

Why don't you see if you can take some of the example spells in the ArM4 PDF and show in worked steps how the standard spells get there? They do follow the rules, so you can work it out...

Yeah, I give up.

Abe, you're on your own now. I'm putting you on ignore.