Abe's Ideas

here's alternative for target-rock/item held

You are creating a coin from nothing. Therefore you aren't (yet) holding anything. Go read the possible targets again (pages 102-105).

acturally you are transforming the item in your hand into a gold penney.
I thought that I had made that clear from my posts,if I haven't sorry.

new durarion-fall
this duration is how long you can fall(the fall can be variable)
tell me what you think of this duration
new target-hand contents
this target is anything that you can hold in a loose fist
tell me what you think of this target

No you are not. You selected Creo Terram, not Muto Terram for your spell. Therefore you are creating (creo) a coin, not transforming (muto) something.

It's been over a year and you still haven't assimilated that? Pray tell, why do we bother?

Since you are using 4th edition, have a look at the Small target. I have admonished you several times to go back and read the already exisiting ranges, durations and targets, but obviously you haven't done so. Can you explain why?

sorrrrry! so I goof up a lot!
I am a LOON!(also I am a VERY slow learner by rpg standards)
techneically you transform the air into the object with the creo art anyway don't you?
& yes I did put creo as one of the requisites,again sorry.

how about this for target-tiny,smaller than small?

lol.

Apperantly what Abe is ab(l)e to do isn't assimilate, though at times I see flickers of Borg sentiment in his approach, but rather to only take what is given him and always try to twist it and turn it and adapt it as if never okay as it is. This strange fever for change and novelty only seems to cover ars - since most of his ideas seems to be dullish un-original ripped out of their Sci-Fi or D20 origins... :laughing: :

Please stop. People have stopped being willing to help you learn. At this point, we aren't laughing with you, but at you. You are a complete waste of time. Time for you to grow up a bit.

After over a year you still haven't assimilated the core elements of the game? It's worse than just being a slow learner...

No, you are really creating something. Transforming air would begin with Muto Auram.

They aren't even requisites. They are the spell's primary arts. In the above "transforming air" example, you would generally need a second form, such as Terram, depending on what you are changing air into. That Form would be a requisite.

And what would the point be? Why would I want to use it?

Eloquently and well put Fruny :exclamation:

new spell-heavy asthmatic breathing
effect you send out a LOUD wheesing breath that disturbs jedis/mundanes for the range
requisites-mutoarum(mentum)
duration-wearing black plastic full helmet
range-son (son not sun)
target-jedis/mundanes
tell me what you think of this spell.

oh master abe-tell me what you think of this spell. you like it-please the master i do-not try

ARUM ... A rum? NO. I KNOW! ... MENTHUM

I think that this is what I think.

coin of the realm
requisite-creoterram 25
duration-moon
range-personal(the hand the coin appears in specifically)
target-self(same reason os range)
does that help any?

No. This means you are casting the spell on yourself, which is impossible here unless you are actually made of Terram material. You need a greater range than that. As for the target, you need to check just how much material you are creating.

Don't forget to adjust the spell level accordingly. And yes, I will require you to get it right too.

Pssst
whisperings from a dark corner: and you need to adjust the magnitude according to silver being harder than dirt to create...

well-I am not sure exactlly what the range should be & the amount of matter is the equilivent of 1 coin in size
how about this for range-touch(better huh?)
and for target-air around hand(again better huh)
also how's this for a magnitude change creoterram 35(tell me if this is to much of to little of a change please)

Yes. The range determines the distance from you at which the coin appears. If it appears in your hand, that's Touch range. If you wanted to be able to make a coin appear in any nearby place you want, that would be Near range. If you want to be able to make a coin appear in any place you can see, that would be Sight range?

Do you understand?

No. Use one of the targets listed in the book. Nothing else.

In Ars Magica, "Range" "Duration" and "Target" are technical parameters with well-defined meanings. The actual description of what the spell does is separate from those parameters.

"Air around hand", doesn't belong in the spell parameter list. It simply doesn't.

Do you understand how to determine the base level for a spell and how the final level is calculated from the base level and the chosen range, duration and target?

Pardon the slight digression and forgive me if this has been asked/answered before, but what are you asking these... remarkable questions for, Abe? Are you running Ars Magica or playing it, or, for that matter, both?

"A just question my liege! "

certainly remarkable... rofl

And one many have asked of themselves. I understand if you haven't had the mettle to go through all the posts in the two threads designated abe... and if he doesnt get around to answer you I recall he earlier said that he didnt play RPG and that that was why he was posting here, compensating I guess, so no running or playing it... and at times I've had the suspicion that he isnt reading it either. Postin the same spell suggestions over and over again without displaying even the slightest sliver of grasping the basics - in spite of the people trying to help him (without the least gratitude).