Abe's Ideas

compensation mostly.
target-hand(for the coin to appear in of course)is that better for target in coin of the realm spell?

No, because there's no such thing as Target - Hand. Y'know, you really should go out and find some people to play this game with.

Aurelius

It is incredible hillarious!!

Especially since the Target:Hand has been tried by Abe earlier in this thread and has been adviced that it is unusuable.. Ignorantly crossing his own path.

a) That would be a range, not a target. We already discussed that. Pay attention, will you?
b) Can you tell me where this target can be found in the book? Because I looked hard and I couldn't find it. If it isn't in the book, can you explain why you used it when we told you not to?

target-hand is a unconventinal target(basically this target is used if the spell effect appears in the hand in question)

new lab item-oven of doneness
bonus to item creation-+3,+5 if the item is edible
basically this item give a bonus for making items(think a meadeival version of a microwave)
tell me what you think of this item!

No, there already is a target that covers that. Look it up, it is in the book. Making a new target for that is pointless, doubly so when you don't even bother to indicate how difficult it is to use in comparison with the other standard targets. That in itself makes it completely useless.

You are unbelievably rude and show unmitigated gall in your lack of respect for our efforts.

We are trying to help you get your spell right and you change topics. I refuse to even consider your new "item" until you have gotten the spell right, and I do sure hope the other people here will see things as I do.

At this point, there are no excuses for your behaviour. None whatsoever.

Now go do you homework and use the proper spell parameters instead of making stuff up as you go.

Fruny, I admire you. Why do you even bother to answer?

Fruny I too admire you too that you keep up, the last man standing in the breach. Although it seems as if you are also getting closer to giving in to the abe-inflicted indifference...

On that Abe I fully concur!!

You have been told so so so many times. Do your preparation. Stay on the subject. Don't veer. Give credit to the people, Fruny, doing their best to aide you instead of just moving on. Read the user friendly book.

I simply cannot comprehend why you continue this. You are not interested in playing. And you are clearly not interested in Ars Magica - otherwise you'd read the book and not break you back thinking up uninspired foolish things like magic microowens, lightswords and toilets. And you would not stubbornly use unconventional parameters for your spells. Finally you are also definately not doing this for peer reckognition - because then you would have listened to the patient advice given you over and over again. You would also have known that to recieve respect is intrically connected to giving it.

All in all "unconventinal" sums it up fine.

I tend to agree with Furion.

At the previous Atlas Board I worked hard to provide in logical detail, why Abe was right, wrong, or close. I would spend a lot of time trying to clarify and make him understand the game better. On one level, this made me better articulate the mechanics of the game. So on personal level, it made me a better teacher. However Abe has no interest or is incapable of learning.

Rather than cluttering the boards with single questions, his two threads were develeped to cluster Abe into a particular corner of this board. These threads show Abe at his finest. Those that know Abe can help him or ignore him.

Ultimately I've mainly given up trying to help him out. He just doesn't get it. I will from time to time chime in when I think there is something of merit. The rest of the time, I'm just lurking.

I dunno what else to add. Abe's thread clearly establish who he is. There should be no illusions when people chose to help him. They can see the past and know what they are getting into.

Maybe it is time to seriously consider asking for a Ban.

It is better that we do not get spammed with lots of threads ,
and we can choose not to read the two that exist.

So if we ignore the two Abe threads ,
and he starts spamming the list again ,
we ask for a permanent ban.

I AM TRING,I AM JUST NOT SURE WHAT YOU WANT!
serioussly,I had just given up on the coin of the realm spell & moved on!

We want you to read the book. :angry: The standard ranges, durations and targets are listed. If you don't use the standard spell parameters, there is no way to correctly calculate the level the spell should have.

We have said so repeatedly. How can you not understand that? It is plain English, as far as I can tell. As Tuura rightfully pointed out, you have been walked through the process several times now. It has been over a year now and you are still "trying"? Surely you must be joking? :confused:

And this is a sign of blatant disrespect. :imp: You care only about airing your mindless drivel and not for the help we are trying to give you. You are a waste of time. :exclamation:

It tells us that you don't give a damn about the time we spend trying to make you understand the rules. It tells us that you are more interested in coming up with random anachronistic ideas than about actually making them fit in the game. In fact it tells us that you aren't even interested in our comments except for the fact that we are paying you attention, which seems to be what you really crave.

In that whole year, in that whole series of threads you used to start, I don't think you have ever produced anything usable. We have patched up your ideas, tried to make them viable, but you still seem completely clueless as to the whole process. You come up with something stupid and give up when we press you to correct it? I have known 6-year-olds with more resolve than you.

It's not difficult, for god's sake, open the book, look up the Technique+Form guidelines that best match the effect you are trying to achieve, then adjust the level according to the range, duration and target you want. What is it in that which you do not understand?

If you can't be bothered to get that one spell right, why should we bother to even answer you?

Now, go back to your book and fix the spell parameters. Once that is done, we will move on to fixing the spell's level. You will have to find them out, I am not going to provide the fix myself, because that all but guarantees you won't learn a thing from it. I don't even think you've learned anything from your past ideas... as proved by the couple of times when you reposted something we had already discussed with you. :unamused:

Only once you have gotten that one right will I even be inclined to consider whatever other idea you post.

Now you try to make us feel guilty? No way! :laughing:

If thats what he craves, don't give it to him . Perhaps with indifference he will either:

  1. Give up posting
    or
  2. Give up being ignorant of the rules.

Abusing him is only raising your blood pressure,wasting bandwidth, and storage space.
What you should be doing is getting directions to his house...
:open_mouth:
You could drop off a copy of the rules to him....
:smiling_imp:

ROFL :exclamation: :smiley:

Abe-

The "Target" is what you will effect, not "where" you will effect it. Since you are creating something, that something is the target of the spell. Since Range is "Touch", then you can only create it "near your hand" (where you can touch it, oddly enough.)

You create a Target at Range. Here, you create a Small Target at Touch Range.

If you had a specific, unconventional Target of "the air around the hand", then THAT is what you would effect, that air, nothing else, and that could create a glove, or a glow of light there, or a solid sheath of silver.

The Target is what you are trying to effect, not where you are aiming to do it.

If you created tree, the target would not be "on the grass over there", the target would be "the tree". If you created a suit of clothes, the target woud be "small", for the clothes, not the air where they would appear.

It is a "Target" in the sense of "the subject in question", not in the sense of "a bullseye". So, since you are trying to create something "small", that is what your Target should be, "Small".

If you had a Range of far, you could aim to place that same Small Target effect anywhere you want- but your magi's "targetted" (small t!) location is not the Target of his Spell - which would still be... (say it with me).... "Small".

(PS - I'm not buying it either, but I'll play along.)

o.k then
coin of the realm
requisites-mutoterrem 35
target-rock in hand(make's the most sense to me)
duration-moon
range-touch
does that make MORE SENSE TO YOU?

You didn't even read Cuchulainshound's post.

ok then target-small