Abe's Ideas

Do you understand why? If so, explain it back to us, then we can move on to fixing the spell's level.

And the "requisites". 8)

No, I think it's called Target: Individual. Have a look at ArM5 (that's Ars Magica 5th edition, in case you're unsure) p.112.

But anyway. If you're not actually going to play or run this game, these questions are all a bit pointless and responding to them is just as pointless. Seeing as you don't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to rules stuff (by your own admission), if you must bombard the list with ideas I'd much rather see details on sagas, covenants and characters.

Abe is using 4th edition (the core rules PDF). Please try not to confuse him. It's already frustrating enough.

He's still capable of using standardized Spell parameters.

The discussing currently occuring here is the same discussion that was occuring when the old boards were closed down. Abe had the opportunity to be 'reborn'. At the old boards he was AbrahamRay.

I wrote at least one extensive post detailing the basic 4th edition rules, listing the spell parameters and how going up or down modifies the base level.

AbrahamRay's comments included he had poor math skills. I told him if he's incapable of doing basic math (+5 or -5), then he ought to focus on diceless gaming as ALL standard RPG's involved 'basic' math.

dice I know math,not so much.

[Sarcasm deleted.]

new weapon-double bow
you can fire 2 arrows with this bow at once!
same damage as 1 arrow per arrow that hits the target.

the spell was for cretuiqe only!

Stop posting meaningless drivel.

I don't WANT to look... but every time i see abe's threads have new posts i'm somehow FORCED to click on it against my will.. my hand moves by itself and the entire time i'm screaming NOOOOOOOO!

If he posts it, they will come...

as at the race track with part glee for the crashes soon to happen..

Indeed! :wink:
There is not enough meaningful drivel.

I will stick with magic items & other things besides spell for the forseen duration untill I learn more about ars magica type spells.
new item-spierets
effect-it spits out webbing(not sure what spells to use anyway)
criruiqe please!

The problem is that creating a magic item always involve creating a spell, and some additional complexity beside. You should really focus on the spell section of the book, both the one that deal with design and the list of existing spells.

As far as I am concerned, you have a single task set before you: get your "Coin Of The Real" spell right. That's all I care about. And you won't get it right until you actually spend some time reading the book, paying attention.

The gauntlet is thrown down! :laughing:

Frun's right, Abe.

To create a magic item, you create a spell, then apply it to an object via LabWork.

If you can't create a simple spell, you can't create a magic item. That's the same process, then one or two more steps. :open_mouth:

Finish your "Coin" spell. That will prove:1) You really wanted to know how to do it.
2) You are able to learn the basics, before moving on.
3) You aren't wasting our time on either.Those 3 are the biggest complaints that stand in your way (supposition about Grand Masters aside).

Hell, if you can make the effort to show everyone you can do that, I bet more folk would be willing to try to help you. I would. :unamused:

Oooh, Abe's Apprentice's Gauntlet. Arbitrated by ruthless Quaesitores, no less. We'll make a magus out of him, or he'll die trying.

This is all vaugely familiar.

At the old board, before it closed I threw down the guantlet and insisted Abe finish ONE SPELL.

Abe skirted the issue and then this board was created.

The frustration that the various parties have voiced is motivating me to consider requesting Abe be banned. To be fair I suppose I should announce to prior to action.

Abe, I am consider asking that you are banned.

The frustration that everyone is voiceing are a repeat of the problems you experienced at the other boards. People believe you are redeemable, but your history detailed in two extensive threads, random posts prior to these threads, and at the old boards as AbrahamRay all show you are beyond redemption.

While I'm not keen on initiating such an action, I'm becoming convinced your are a time sink whose goal is to frustrate the rest of us.

As a veteran and card-carrying curmudgeon, I resent the implication that I am an optimist at heart.

Harrumph, sir, harrumph!

<stumps off to a corner to smoke cigars, kicking a cat on the way>

(Pssst, Abe- "Coin of the Realm". We can make it happen...)