Adocentyn Research Library - resource for ArM5?

I don't know if this is inappropriate. If it is, please let me know and I'll take it down right away.

I just opened a private library - the Adocentyn Research Library - in San Francisco's East Bay (announcement below). We are a Pagan library focused on anything that a Pagan would want to study as part of their Paganism, and anything that someone studying Pagans would want access to. As you might imagine, this includes a LOT of material on Magic, ancient and modern. We also include fiction, comics, and role-playing games, especially those RPGs that are exceptional portrayals of Paganism and/or Magic. Ars Magica is at the top of that list. I have all of the 5th edition material there and such 3rd and 4th edition books as fill in gaps (like Tribunal books). (I'm keeping all the earlier stuff - 1st edition on - at home, as it falls more in the realm of collecting RPGs than informing the Library.) I think we could be a resource for anyone studying this material with an eye toward the "realism" that has always characterized Ars Magica. Also, if you look at our database of books and think of titles that we should have, please let me know.
Thanks, Don Frew

Adocentyn Research Library,
1025 Solano Avenue (at Adams), Albany CA 94706

Dear friend of knowledge,

After many years of preparation and the travails of a pandemic, we are very pleased to announce that the Adocentyn Research Library is finally open!

The Adocentyn Research Library is an on-site use only, multi-cultural, and inter-religious library serving the East Bay and the world. Founded in 2011, we are a California Nonprofit Public Benefit 501(c)(3) corporation.

The purpose of the Adocentyn Research Library is to collect, archive, preserve, and make available information related to Paganism—understood as all Indigenous, tribal, polytheistic, Nature-based, and Earth-centered religions, spiritualities, beliefs, practices, and cultures around the world and throughout human history. This includes a broad range of information on Pagan diversity, history, beliefs, adherents, organizations, and many related areas of study for use by researchers, scholars, and the general public.

Our catalog of the over 18,000 books on our shelves is available to the general public on our website (http://adocentynlibrary.org). We also feature many Pagan periodicals and special collections – such as historic artifacts and Tarot & Oracular decks. The Whealton collection on Egyptology is prodigious. We welcome donations of books, periodicals, ephemera, art, artifacts, and funds!

Our starting weekly hours are:

• Thursday nights, 4-8pm
  • Sundays, noon-6pm
  • …and by appointment (email or phone below).
  • (Volunteer cataloguing days – second Sunday, third Thursday, fourth Friday)

While we hope that interested parties will support us by becoming ongoing members (as described on our website), we are waiving use fees for our first few months.

So, please stop by and encounter the wonder of Pagan scholarship that is the Adocentyn Research Library!

Thank you,
Don Frew
President, ARL

info@adocentynlibrary.org
(510) 919-1077 (Don) or (510) 725-2140 (Anna Korn, Treasurer)
Call one of these or the Library phone – (510) 280-3911 – before dropping by.

4 Likes