Adventures in Brief

also- in order to take a major boon/hook combination requires using 3 rewards, not one.

Hi silveroak, the adventure provided 6 rewards, 3 were allocated for this.

okay- doing a lot of different things so some notes in passing may be less relevant that I initially think...

moving forward- there may be some delays as I get people caught up and integrated...

Camilla familiar quest, spring, 1st challenge: magic
Camilla Mystagogue quest, spring, 1st challenge:magic
Andros resonant materials quest, summer, first challenge:choice
Andro hidden resources quest, fall, first challenge: magic
Faerie region adventure: a bonisagus from outside the covenant hired a redcap to steal something from the faerie region for his research. Angry, the faeries attack the covenant from within- first round combat (all grogs on patrol are considered participating)

Also Danaë has a 6)Jinn Quest in Spring, and is 7)trying to uncover some of those Hidden Resources in spring before Andros claims the glory all for himself. The Hidden Resources are likely to be Hermetic, as they spring from the alliances made in the Castle defense adventure of 1119, Hermetic Politics Hook.

SPRING
1)Camilla familiar quest, spring, 1st challenge: magic Preliminary: Gloriana, Franchesco, invite Lady Agniezka, and Phillippe Huntsman
2)Camilla Mystagogue quest, spring, 1st challenge:magic Preliminary: Gloriana, Franchesco, her daughter Sybilla (on her first adventure!), Phillippe Huntsman

5)COVENANT HOOK Faerie region adventure: a bonisagus from outside the covenant hired a redcap to steal something from the faerie region for his research. Angry, the faeries attack the covenant from within- first round combat (all grogs on patrol are considered participating)- choice of season- Would suggest Spring, Danaë is available year-long, she'd like to meet this enterprising Redcap! If in Spring, Gloriana will go, Andros, Simian Rex is always up for combat, except this Winter. Sandor/Lady A/Sybilla [strike]depend on season[/strike]. Aurthor says he'll go. Taurus has joined. Pazzino joins, Giovanni joins. Grogs will be the knights and everybody else on patrol.

silveroak votes for Spring also, Quite Possibly a Cat has no preferences

Moved the adventure to Spring
6)Danaë's Jinn Quest in Spring, 1st challenge:combat Danaë by her lonesome
7)Danaë trying to uncover some of those Hidden Resources, 1st challenge: magic Preliminary: Danaë + Jinn, Viviane Grog, Roger the Archer

SUMMER
3)Andros resonant materials quest, summer, first challenge:choice Preliminary: Andros, Simian Rex, Bonaro, Phillippe Huntsman

FALL
4)Andros hidden resources quest, fall, first challenge: magic Preliminary: Andros, Simian Rex, Paco, Julien, Pazzino

WINTER

[strike]*Haven't put the Faerie regio adventure just yet, don't know the season.[/strike]
*Updated

Jinn quest begins with combat, daenae's quest for hidden resources begins with magic

regarding the previous adventure issue- the newly attached hedge tradition will be gruagratch. If someone wants to male a gruagratch companion character that would be fine.

Awesome!

What season's the Faerie attack in?

Oddly, choice of seasons... I guess they had to make a formal declaration and await a response...

:laughing:

Thanks, I'll update.

Mercurio, upon hearing that Andros is going adventuring, will ask the brave Flambeau if he can accompany him in Summer or Fall. Since Mercurio is seven, I expect you won't allow him. But he TOTALLY ASKED.

If the Faerie Assault gets to the covenant, Aurthor will aggressively try and quell it so that they don't interrupt his reading.

Andros smiles at the child, and says, not unkindly, "Maybe in a few years, lad. Might be a good idea to run it by Aurthor first, and then we'll see."

All the characters I'm responsible for (Blossom, Anna, Evandrus, Leaf, and Aegis) will avoid the adventures. Either leaving them to the grogs, or being quests focused around other people.

Lets throw the covenant hook to the spring, so we can get the greatest involvement, and I'm going to assign the knights to help deal with it as well... hopefully it will be a better application of experience than riding around Calabria.

Right now we are missing Bearlord's response on whether Taurus will participate in adventure #5; and Giovanni's by raccoonmask, leo's for Pazzino, think that is it.

Taurus may join the last adventure, defending the covenant sounds like something he would participate in. If we want to keep good relations with the faeries one of the Merinitas should perhaps join and try to solve it without too much fighting.

Will update. Gloriana Sentis ex Merinita will go. Let's see how it turns out!

Can Pazzino do adventures during working seasons? If yes will join adventures number 3, 4 and 5.

Giovanni will follow his master (If he considers it appropriate), seem Taurus has joined the spring faerie adventure, so adv 5 for him.

Questions:

1. Who can declare adventures? Only magi? Or companions and apprentices also.
  2. Reading the thread I find sometimes the quest point term. How does it works? I can't locate any reference in the wiki

Hi leo!

Pazzino can freely participate in Covenant adventures (#5). For all of the others this year, they are PC initiated, so he would have to be invited. Not to worry, as I asserted before, he's the most requested Companion! Andros welcomes him for #4. Will update, also for Giovanni.

You can certainly go to adventures during working seasons. It's unclear what will happen if your chores are neglected (missing more than 10 days), as you are serving the covenant anyway. Adventure length is random, depending on the difficulty that's rolled, a 12-day adventure is not unusual.

Magi and Companions can declare adventures, I'd guess they either would have to do with a Covenant Hook, or one of the character's Story Flaws, or to look for vis/Resonant materials/Hidden Resources Boon we currently have. For anything else, it's up to you to define it and present it to silveroak to see if it qualifies.

•For myself, Danaë Quests for Jinn, she obtains Quest points which silveroak tabulates, and then she can change those Quest points eventually into a possible Jinn to bind. Gloriana is currently Questing for a very powerful Faerie familiar, and also to find a Merinita Mystagogue with some specific Initiations (might take many seasons). Evandrus had to Quest for 4 seasons to find an Initiation Script for The Becoming, and the Script itself calls for even more sacrifices and specific actions.
•If you want a regular Familiar, you just declare an adventure and poof! you get a suitable creature at the end (still have to go through the Binding).
•If you want an epic Familiar (which the SG builds), a Mystagogue for a particular Mystery, finding Mechanica (hint, hint!), stuff like that, you must keep declaring Quests until the SG indicates you have gathered sufficient Quest points.

Those are just some examples, but that's the gist of it.

Andros quest for hidden resources -fall, 1 cycle(Magic), challenge:12
Andros seeking resonant materials - summer, 3 cycles (choice/choice/social) challenge:12
Jinn Quest - Spring, 2 cycles (combat/combat) challenge: 9
Familiar quest - spring, 2 cycles (magic/social) challenge: 12
Danae hidden resources- spring, 3 cycles (magic/magic/magic) challenge:12
Mystagogue - spring, 4 cycles (magic/magic/combat/combat) challenge:18
Faerie war - Spring 2 cycles (combat/combat) challenge:9