OOC: No you are mistaken silveroak.

The guidelines is this, Core rulebook p.161:

Ward the target against creatures with Might less than or equal to the
level of the spell. A creature warded against cannot directly affect
the target physically or by magical means. A spell of this nature will
only ward against creatures from one Realm (Divine, Faerie,
Infernal, or Magical). Note that wards against magical and faerie
creatures can also be constructed using other Forms, but that those
wards are more limited in effect. (Touch, Ring, Circle)

The touch, ring and circle is already included in the guideline. You will notice that circular ward against demons as only base spell listed, with no modifiers and has touch ring and circle, which support my claim.

There are more informations on wards at p.114.

MAGICAL WARDS
Rego spells can create wards which protect the target from things of the appropriate
Form. These use the normal targets, but the target is the thing protected, rather than the
things warded against, and the range is the
range to the target, not to the things warded
against.
Wards with a Circle target are of particular note. They prevent things warded against
that are within the circle from leaving, and prevent things warded against that are outside
from entering. Warded things cannot act across
the circle, no matter which side they are on,
nor can they damage the circle, directly or
indirectly. It is quite common to create such
spells with a duration of Ring, as then the ward
can be made to last indefinitely, with care.
However, this is not required, and the spell can
be created with any duration.
The spell guidelines for wards against
magical things are listed with a base range of
Touch, base duration of Ring, and base target
of Circle, because a ward with these parameters
wards against creatures with a Might equal to
or less than its level. The parameters of the
spell can be changed in the normal way, so that
a ward which only protected the magus (Range
Personal, Target Individual) for a duration of
Moon would have the same final level

it is written as ReVi 30 (Base 15, +1 Touch, Circle, +2 Ring), so there is no ambiguity to the range and target, but it really ward against faeries up to level 30. You can check on the main board if you want to, but the rules as written are clear in my opinion.

my apologies, it is late here

No apologies needed, Ars Magica is rule heavy and arguing about spell levels and rules is part of the fun :slight_smile:

So you have directions to the island where Matheus is at...

I guess we will be sailing there at full speed (With a CrAu and or reAq spells to help if possible)

You arrive at a large forested island, which looms roughly 2 miles across. Much of the shoreline is comprised of looming cliffs, but there is a bay on the southern side of the island where a boat may have entered close to shore.

"Will you be wanting me to anchor off shore and send a boat in?" Vincente asks.

"Yes, please.I will go with a party to shore. I expect the Queen has a suprised planned for us, so the men going with us should wear their scale armor. I do not trust the Pirate Queen; be ready to raise the anchor and depart if Circe's ship is spotted. Do not wait for us, nor try to fight her if she comes here. We can get back to Malta through other means."

He turns towards Garcin:

"Garcin, gather seven able bodied men to accompany us to shore. We need to find that merchant and quickly."

"Aye, sir," Vincente replies. "I'll be ready when trouble hits."

Julia will tae wing with Sight Beyond Sight active, looking not only for the captive, but also for Fae surprises.

From the sky Julia can see the island has jungle trails laid out like a labyrinth, designed to loop back in on themselves and potentially get someone lost for a good long time. There are three sites which appear to be central to the theme of these trails- a lake or pond, depending on what size you draw the difference between them, a cave where the rocks surrounding it give the impression of a skull, and a stone table which appears to have some sort of paper on top of it weighed down with a stone. Julia can easily guide the men through the labyrinth from the air.

Julia will report this back, including that she did not see the prisoner, although he might have been in the cave. As her senses can function as far as she can see, did she hear/smell anything from the cave?

After Julia has reported her findings:

"You perceptiveness never cease to amaze me! Thanks to you, we will get to Mattheus faster and will probably avoid traps laid out by the pirates in along these path. I am glad you decided to come with us on this journey."

He will then look at the her, Garcin, (and Flavius?):

"Who do you think we should go first ? I am intrigued by the note I must say; we might get clues at what is to come by reading it."

Garcin assembles his squad, including Pepe, Oserisi, 4 marines, and Gustav (only if Frederic is coming). He comments in a low voice only Antonius can hear, "We could get there faster if we could fly?" It is clear that his suggestion is prompted mostly by a desire to experience flying, and not of any assurance the squad would tolerate such blatant enchantments.

Julia will suggest investigating the note first, as well. "I just hope this doesn't turn into a scavenger hunt"

Antonius, to Garcin:

"Perhaps we could, but I doubt I would be able to achieve such a feat without preparing for some time, which we cannot afford right. But you are right.... it would be definitely safer, but you made me think of something."

To the whole squad:

"Be on the look-out for tripwire, hidden pits, nets and other traps. God only knows what her twisted mind can come up with. Only vigilance can guard us from these kinds of treachery.

The Bonisagus will try to convince the sailors to accept his ward as protection.
However, should we encounter faeries on this island, I shall grant you some measure of protection against them. My magic can ward you against them, as a shield would protect a warior, but I will not force it on you. Those that wish to receive it, please gather together and take each other hands."

He will then spontaneously ward them against faeries, and maintain it using Maintaining the demanding spell.

"Now let's head towards the stone table and Circe's note. Julia, can you guide us from above?"

ReVi 20 (+1 touch, +1 conc, +2 group) Ward against faeries level 15 or below (or faerie powers)
69 + 2 + 1 booming voice + 6 die + aura = (77+aura)/2 + 8 penetration = 26 penetration + or - ???

With Julia's guidance and being wary of possible traps it takes half an hour to get to the stone table. The paper is a map of a cave system, presumably the one on this island, with one room marked "prisoner". You also notice a "nest" and "lake exit", as well as the main entrance.

Antonius pointing at the cave entrance with his index, lift his head to meet the eyes of those assembled around the stone table.

"We are getting close to Mattheus. It looks like we will need to go underground; gather branches, we will have to make torches."

He will then show the nest on the map and Julia in the eyes:

"I don't know what is nesting on this island, Julia, and I wouldnt forgive myself if something happened to you. I shall accompany you until we reach the cave entrance."

Before the he takes off, Antonius will cast a spontaneuous spell to hear vis, and assess the presence and realm of the aura, if there is any here.

You are in a faerie aura. No vis nearby.

Tayma does remain on the ship, but waits near the railing up top. Anyone close can hear her muttering about how 9 people better be coming back in one piece.

OCC: I wasn´t able to write earlier! At the moment I have extreme log working times.

Frederic will join the group and create some light for them before they enter the cave. (As much light as he can do with a spont Spell duration sun)