Alienor Ex Merinita

Even with only 3 seasons for Binding the Gift I will likely add a year and spend time in the lab so I can actually cast one Formulaic spell that is a Glamour. But I will leave all other numbers the same.

I can probably get to finish up typing the background, copying that in, and updating those things later today. Will let you know when those changes are made.

these are getting made, yes? I would like to start provencal soon...

I'm done with my move. Didn't have the energy when I got back late last night to catch up and finish Alienor up. I'll try to have her ready by tomorrow.

BTW, what season will the Provencal start be in? I think I assumed summer and that was why her gauntlet was in Summer. For the full years of lab and other seasonal activities I did use calendar years.

I updated her Post-Gauntlet seasons giving her another year, will update the age but this should not make a change w/r/t XP on her sheet (though the seasons spent teaching her Familiar MT will change his sheet... not quite sure how I'm gonna work the full year for Glamour and the Winter seasons at the moment considering on rereading the above stuff you mentioned I could possibly have the initiation for Glamour take only three seasons in which case it might be useful if I shift the initiation to earlier and use the later seasons to invent a spell that uses Glamour guidelines once that's initiated. So, yeah, if you could check what I did to make sure I'm correctly understanding you re: the time for my initiations.

It will begin in the spring

Cool, I'll change the seasons accordingly.

First thing you need to double check your dates- you jump from winter 1192 to spring 1195, then from fall 1196 to winter 1197, before the entire year of 1197. I realize that is mostly cosmetic...

The only mistake there, far as I meant, is that individual winter should be 1196 not 1197. The first two years out of gauntlet, all of 1193 & 1194, were just the 30xp/yr so didn’t bother assigning seasons. I can if I need to just didn’t think it was necessary.

I'm considering the last initiation- the ordeal being major means a +9 script bonus from that, assume a presence+lore total of 6, means 15 of the 21 total is accounted for. 2 quests would seem most appropriate to a merinita (into a faerie regio or arcadia of course, got to feed the faeries their vitality), which would presumably take a season each, but I don't like having pre-play adventures, that is sort of the entire point of opening the game up before the main events instead of in 1220... I also don't see this being a matter of simply sacrificing time (which I apparently broke the one season limit rule for binding the gift, oops...). Is there any way you could put off that initiation until after game play begins?

It is also the second initiation after a previous major ordeal which is a further -6 but I don’t really have a problem with doing that one in game, I can just remove that year and push the other dates towards the start date.

That said, Considering glamour, by the fluff for Followers of Pendule (HoH:MC p102), would normally be the first or second initiation after Spell Timing which has a given script for that strain of Merinita that includes a major ordeal the script bonus wouldn’t need to be as high as normal. I’m sure there would be some leeway in a standard script to account for lower presence + cult Lore but even just a further +3 than the ordeal would provide that assuming an average Pre+Merinita Lore of 6 for the mystagogue. But, again, I’m fine with doing that one in-game but would like to do it sooner rather than later though, obviously, after the opening adventure for Provencal.

Okay- I had read that differently previously, but you are correct- in which case the initiation will again take less than a season.

Working on Éléazar, Alienor's Familiar, and I'm curious if the math up to this point seems good for the Phantasmal Flock of Songbirds power. Unsure if I need to further increases to magnitude to have them behave like a flock so he doesn't have to concentrate on each individual to make them move, sing, etc or if that can be covered by Group and/or Intricacy.

[Edit:] Also, Songbirds being size -5 or less, how many does this make if Group allows for weight of 10 Size +1 individuals?

The form is imagonem, so the base is an image about the size of an adult human being- you could certainly have multiple birds within that area, though they would have to remain flying in a fairly tight formation to maintain the same size illusion. So you are looking at current calculation of roughly 10 "panes" of 2-3 birds staying within arm's reach of each other.
If you want to base the magnitude on the size of the actual animals you would need to use CrAn not CrIm.

20-30 birds sticking close is fine.

Does the ability to control them more loosely as a “flock” work or it can’t be done or I need more mags? By “panes” do you mean each group of 2-3 birds can’t change position relative to each other?

I ask because of the way Phantasmal Animal (CORE 144) works I’m not sure. Adding additional magnitudes isn’t an issue because Im below the 50 Lvls given by Greater Power.

What I mean is that that set of birds is considered a single image- they can move relative to each other within the bounds of that singular image- essentially you have an animated image of three birds on one screen, and you can move that screen around (and the screen is in concept only, not a visible device) so with the target group you have 10 such screens. By the RAW the spell in the book should have required +1 magnitude for extra size given the guidelines for Im form... of course you 'screen' can be reoriented as well as moved, but it means that set of 2-3 birds has to remain within a fixed distance of each other because they are in reality a single image.

That could work fine but to more easily make them behave like a flock I think I’m just going to take the +1 mag for size and have them be up to 100 individual bird.

that works as well.

I corrected Alienor's Seasons and removed Glamour and its Ordeal. I still have that hanging season but I was thinking of Inventing Sight of the Warm Surfaces (HoH:S p65) but I feel like that spell is wring and should be InIm (which I could not invent in one season) and not MuIm (which I can) but it has not been errata'd far as I found. Thoughts?