Am I Evil?

Of course , the Franciscan Monk i was refering to was in fact Francis of Assisi.

What is "errata'ed out?
Please forgive my ignorance, i'm new at this.

Oh yes back to the point. Is my bird bjornaer evil?
YES SHE IS! :smiling_imp:

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but after the discussion on this topic, I'd be curious to hear the logic as to your conclusion that your character is evil / Evil.

I was being serious.
She is evil because she doesn't know the difference between animals and people. Thats somewhat sociopathic for a carnivore.
She is not malicious or meanspirited but still evil by nature.
A more gentle polite sort of evil.

I wouldn't say the character is evil, but those holy and unholy effects that can perceive sin would certainly read her soul as tainted. I usually interpret evil as "in league with the Infernal," and it sounds like she's not that. But it doesn't sound like she's good, either. I imagine divine agents would be wary of her, and that infernal agents would court her, but that her fate after death is still uncertain.

What does "being evil" mean to you? Do you think she would take advantage of infernal powers if she had them? It would be interesting to see what she'd do with Chthonic Magic. I don't suppose you have access to Realms of Power: The Infernal, do you...?

I am so unprepared for a universe where the devil ACTUALLY IS waiting over your shoulder for you to spill the salt so he can move in and take advantage!

Yeah she might take advantage of infernal powers because she wouldnt see why she shouldn't. Ravens are so hedonistic.
I dont have "realms of power the infernal", but that sounds like a good thing to read.
Thanks!

Just a bad joke - that while people were describing him in terms of Ars I'd rather if such an idea ever popped up, that he never was introduced into the game. It doesn't work explaining a joke it probably makes even less sense... :blush:

You might want to consider Pagan as a Flaw. Page 93 , RoP:TD ; Major , Supernatural , Story.

Have you worked out a background with your ST?

You had a human life before you gained your Heartbeast.
Identifying too much with being a Raven and their attitudes ,
sounds like it could be a minor/major flaw of some kind.
Hedonism could also be a personality flaw (though not one listed in the core rules).

The Order of Hermes has strict prohibitions against dealing with demons ,
even if you had a very minimal or non-existent Christian background.
You would know that Infernal Powers have a very negative connotation.
(and it could get you killed by members of The Order)

Cthonic Magic , as mentioned previously , might be more suitable.
It covers many of the darker aspects without strictly being of the Infernal.

Even if you don't start the game with it as a virtue , one of the darker Mystery Cults may try to recruit you.
(talk to your ST about it if it interests you)

Oh she is a bit of a pagan! Thats a really good point. Thanks!

Her background, (the quick version) is that she is a descendant of the mythic raven Huninn. She was raised in the forest in near isolation by another bjornaer who is the mythic wolf Freki. They are in Odin's service. So she was well trained, since that has been her whole life, and Freki cared about her as if she were his own child, but Freki is a ravenous wolf. So BellaDonna's ideas about behavior are a little twisted.

If you or your ST does not have RoP:TD , i can type out the Pagan Flaw for you.

Oh, I'm sure he has it. Thank you so much! I'll ask him.

What exactly is Cthonic magic?

It's a kind of magic presented in RoP: Infernal - as a something not entirely infernal yet label in that direction because it require you to do things that in terms of the Dominion and eternal damnation are... problematic.

So its not infernal but its skating around the edge of the pit, so to speak?

[Serf's Parma] it is not infernal in the sense of being of the infernal realm, but it is infernal in the sense of being sinful.

What's the difference?

Metaphysical.

Beside how you use it in stories in terms of fluff, there are other more palpable difference. Such as, but not exlcuded to, whether it constitutes diabolism in terms of the Code, how it is affected by Realm interaction and who might detect you as what.

It mainly draws its powers from the pagan underworld(s) and not from demons and devils from the infernal realm. This might influence who could introduct you into and what kind of personalities it might get you involved with.

But when the final curtain falls, depending on the details of your actions, it might damn you to hell as well as having wielded any 'truely' diabolic power.

Oh that mey be exactly what I've been looking for all this time. Huh.

Okay, this might be my stupidest question yet, but, how do you pronounce "cthonic"?

It's Greek. I don't know how to spell it in sounds - but someting like K'tonic