An early winter conundrum (Winter 1220)

With an upset expression and gesture he throws the hedgehog in the barrel and quickly closes the lid. Then he sits down on top of the closed barrel. “My Idea to simply burn them out of our covenant becomes more and more attractive to me!”
OCC: I assumed Frederic will still hold the faerie even if it hurts a bit.

"Nicolae seems to have more experience with these creatures than we do," Talus notes. "For my part, I never studied the realm of Faerie very much." He looks to the shapeshifter. "How do you recommend we proceed?"

"And if you know the answer, could you tell me whether the vis was always faerie creatures to begin with, whether the vis became faerie creatures over time, or whether faerie creatures used the vis as conduits to come here? That knowledge could be important given our reliance on the vis source these came from."

Alas, Talus has no Faerie Lore.

The barrel suddenly bursts and Antonius finds himself seated astride a horse.

Antonius or Frederic?

Nicolae laughes at Flavius' unfortunate situation, and then says:

"Poor lad, the more you struggle the worse it will be, you know. And fire will only incovenience them for a few days, unless you think that you are more powerfull than the bearded cave maniac."

He stratch the dog behind the ears:

"The shelma durath like to pull prank on people, because that is the way they are.Sure you could keep away from the town with your aegis, but I think we would loose as much as our shapeshifter friends, here."

"Here is what I suggest; you they cannot change just like that because you would like them too, faeries don't work that way. However, if you were to offer them something else, somekind of deal, maybe things would slowly start to change. If the citizen around town if they were to give milk to stray cats and bones now and then to dogs in the street, maybe the pranks would stop. And let say that thew if the town was to organize a festival each year where everyone would pull pranks on each other; then maybe the shelma durat would actually start helping people ? What do you think, boy ? Would you like that ?"

"Lord Amenbaal keeps his Tremple free af the shelma durath, and that seems whise to me. I think I can archive the same the only difference is I will use fire instead of a lighting bolt. Even if I have to admit that it is a nice feeling to sit on a horse that is not influenced by the gift, I´m convinced they will cause a lot of damage. The possible results of your suggestion are vague and take time. The first damage caused by the presence of the shelma durath already happened. The only reason I hold myself back is the respect I have for you and my sodales. But sooner or later they will push me too far….But for now, let´s see how it feels to ride a horse.”
With the last statement he settles himself in the correct direction and gives the horse a slap on the back and hold himself tight on the horses neck.

Frederic can´t ride. He will try to use his athletics
Atheletics 3+6 =9 to turn on the back of the horse
coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=93915
Hold himself on the back of the horse:
3+8 =11
coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=93916

Terra giggles at the antics of the magus and fae.

Nicole is correct. They won't change on their own, but can with vitality. Efforts from people can be particularly effective. Offerings of food, or invented wards could probably keep them away. Actual efforts of creativity are most effective for generating real change. I will warn our guests that even if they can survive being burnt to cinders, you won't survive the unraveling and dispersal of your glamour, or its outright destruction. Both of which people here are capable of doing. So don't go too far.

Yes, it was Fredric, my mistake-
The horse starts walking backwards. Meanwhile the dog comments "Hmm, a nice bone sounds good, maybe some milk to go with it?"

"I suppose the first step," Talus adds, "is to find out what these faerie creatures want." He looks down at the dog. "What is it you want from us? If it's just interaction, there are better interactions possible than annoyance, as Nicolae says."

The dog looks at you with confusion. "A bone and some milk?"

Faeries are often incognizant of their story- asking them directly won't always provide an answer, as Nichole noticed earlier- they just know they have a person and they will pester them unless given an offering. there is no want or why, it is simply what they do. (they are all in a geico commercial!)

"A milk and a bone I think I can manage," Talus says. Then he departs to the kitchen to find a bowl of milk and a bone.

A short time later, Talus returns with a glass bowl half full of milk and a small mutton bone. He places them both down on the floor near the faerie-dog. "Will that do?" he asks.

"For now, yes. I'll expect the same tomorrow of course"

"And if you and yours get some nourishment like this every day, you'll stop pestering our people?" Talus asks.

OOC: I feel like it would be appropriate for Tayma to run through chasing one of the Faerie's with a broom. Thus, for comic relief:

So, the magi see Tayma chasing after a cat yelling, GET BACK HERE! YOU SHAPESHIFTING FRAKKER! I SEE WHY YOU GET LIGHTNING! YOU DESERVE IT! I WILL ICE YOU! Extra cartoonishness is added when the cat turns down the hall to the left and Tayma goes right. Unfortunately for the unlucky Fae, Tayma can teleport and the Faerie, now a bird is soon seen running in the other direction still being chased by Tayma.

"As long as you provide an offering of milk and meat, we will leave you alone."

"Very well," Talus replies to the faerie-dog. "I shall arrange for a daily gift of milk and meat to be left for you here. I'm glad we could come to a suitable arrangement."

"Not arranged, you must leave it."

"And why must it be me?" Talus asks innocently.

"Because you are my person."