An early winter conundrum (Winter 1220)

"Ah, I see," Talus replies. "Well then, I suppose I shall be here in the morning with more milk and meat." He smiles and shakes his head. It wouldn't be too difficult. He rose at dawn because of his Parma regardless. This would just become one of his regular morning rituals. And perhaps he could build a relationship with ... his faerie, I suppose you'd call it, he might learn a bit more about faerie magic.

"So tell me," Talus adds. "Will each of your brethren have a different requirement and a different person?"

He shrugs "You would have to ask them."

Talus walks up to one of the other faeries in the room, if he can find one.

"Tell me," he asks. "What would you like in exchange for ceasing to pester the residents of our covenant?"

The horse replies "I don't pester the residents of this covenant, I pester this horse's @$$. If he wants me to stop let him offer something up."

Frederic ask the horse: “Just to sure, please tell me who is your @$$?”

"This man upon my back, he has not yet told me his name."

“My Name is Frederic.
And I will offer you the following: We two do a morning ride every dawn.
I will learn to ride on your back.
As soon as I am able to hold on your back we set up an obstacle course.
By the way, what´s your name?“

The horse transforms into a turtle, leaving Fredric to fall on the ground. "Hello Fredrick, you will have to guess my name. I'm not interested in taking you for rides, so sorry, no."

Frederic tries to turn the turtle on its back and give it a speedy rotation.
“I´m not really Interested in your Name. If you continue to go on my nerves you are dead ivory anyway!”
Not sure what to roll is needed to spin a turtle. :question:

As you reach to grab the turtle it turns into a hedgehog.

Talus shakes his head slowly. Apparently these faerie attached themselves to people and could only be placated by their chosen person. Turning away from the horse-turned-turtle-turned-hedgehog, he looks to see if there are any faerie yet unaccounted for.

Nicolae smirks and says:

"I knew horses were nervous around magi, but I would bet a bagful of coins that from now on Fredirick is going be too !"

But, as the flambeau utters threat to the shelma-durath, the rom warns him mi-jokingly:

"You can scorch him for sure, but then one day you might discover that your are riding a porcupine and that your ass if full of spines ! So try to be more conciliatory would you ?"

He then joins Talus, and after looking for other awakened shelma-durath, will pick-up the ivory pieces on the ground:

"They have caused quite a commotion here. Let me handle them. I will bring them back to the caves. I think not everyone here has enough patience to tolerate them. MAybe one of them will pick me as their human, it has been a long time since I have had such a friend.. Still miss my padfoot âl from Cornwall, its shame that son of a bitch did not want to see the world ! "

(SoB, because padfoots are dog-like faeries !)

“Ok! Enough is enough!”

Frederic brings himself in a good position to kick this hedgehog out of the vis storage tend. He quickly checks that no one is in the expected trajectory and then gives the hedgehog a quick and solid kick.
Initative: -3+die(3) =0
coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=95942
Attack: 5+ 10? A 10 means 0? Check for a Botch :frowning:
coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=95943
Check for a Botch: 7 (No Botch)
coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=95947
Final attack is 5
:angry:

The hedgehog flies up into the air and transforms into a bird, which flies around Fredric just out of reach.

Frederick walks outside to reach an open area (still inside our wall). On his way he let the bird know that he is upset
This is just to be sure not to damage something else than the shelma'durath. Then he waits for the right moment. Is the faerie following him? :smiling_imp:

The faerie appears to be gone for the moment, though it may simply be in a form that you don't readily recognize as being the faerie.

Frederic pretends to organize a new barrel and he carries it around using both hands and he wants look vulnerable. He hopes the faerie will try to pester him.

Talus continues to look around the room for unattended faeries that he might converse with.

from high above Fredric a dove poops dead center of the barrel.

All the currently animate faeries seem to have someone they are dedicated to annoying. There are a dozen off bits of ivory lying on the warehouse floor in a broken barrel.

Talus looks down into the barrel and casts Sense the Nature of Vis to see if the pieces of ivory are still the Animal vis they originally were, or if somehow it was only the faeries inhabiting them that filled them with vis.

OOC: Without stress, he should be able to cast it without trouble.