Another walk in the Garden (summer 1236)

A large black animal the size of a horse but with the appearance of a wolf comes dashing at the group from nearby bushes.

W.w.what nnnow?! A...aaa...attack, rrrrrrrrrrrrun, orororor hhhhold?

The beast does not give time for consideration as it lunges to Bernat and engages him. The beast has an init of 9 (including roll)

Bernat has initiative Qik 2, Weapon 1, roll 8 = 11.

Afraid I'm still not confident with the combat order of play, so I'll get back to this once I've slept!

Sidestepping to avoid the beast's lunge, Bernat aims a slice at its left flank.

Dex 3 + Skill 2+1 + Weapon 3 + die roll 1 then 4->8 = 17. If that connects, he does damage of 5+advantage.

C..c..carlos! Lulucia! Fffffffffflank it!

advantage of 3, it has a soak of 12, doesn't penetrate.
Lucia gets an init of 9, botches her punch... dropping the flowers as she completely misses the beast.

Have we (that is Carlos - as the only one with leadership - plus anyone else) trained together?

Lucia has never trained to fight.

Do we get advantages from acting as an untrained group? I think the RAW basically says we then get the stats of the strongest combatant?

(Also, note to self: I haven't actually defined Bernat's arms and armour. I should do that.)

I'm not sure all members of this group are of roughly comparable ability- Lucia only has Init+1, attk+7, def +6 and dmg +0- and fights with her fists having no weapons or armor
Carlos with a shortsword (and buckler) has Init +3, attk:+12, Def +9(+11), and dmg:+5(+7), so he could only form a group with Lucia if he forgoes his buckler

Carlos did forgo the bucker. No armor either. Just the sword and maybe a knife or three :mrgreen:
It is just a picnic after all :smiley:
Initiative is Quik +2 Shorth Sword +1 home die roll of 7, and if it applies he has lightning Reflexes.

so go ahead and roll your attk

Carlos has as his first priority to defend and protect Lucia. If forced to roll an attack to do so, that roll is 1D10 = [6] = 6, plus 12 for his skill and sword equals 18.
Back caluclating math from Bernat's attack, I presume the beast has a Defense of 14 and a Soak of 12. So Carlos has an Attack Advantage of 4, plus damage bonus of 7, equals 11. So no injury inflicted :frowning:

However, Carlos and Bernat did train together before heading off to the City of Brass, and Carlos has Leadership and can qualify as a Group Leader and fight as a Trained Group with Bernat. So if willing, we can rewrite the results of these rolls. Bernat is Vanguard, and there should be a bonus to attack and defense rolls. Not sure what. Will look it up at home latter.

actually it had a 14 with a good roll on it's defense- this time it's total was only 9, giving you damage 16, so you inflicted a light wound.

The beast snatches up the flowers in it's jaws and attempts to run away- he managed to roll a 21 defense total for his attempt to disengage... if anyone beats that it cannot leave.

Carlos has as his only concern to protect Lucia. Let the beast flee.

Lucia cries out for the flowers, but does nothing to stop the beast.

Bernat makes a desparate lunge, but (at 9+roll) knows he's unlikely to prevent the beast fleeing.

Indeed, he rolls a 0, followed by (rolling 5 dice because I don't know how many is appropriate) 1, 5, 5, 4, 0 - so no botch except on 5 or more dice.

I am not running this, but I would figure only one botch die.

This would be a single botch die, so no botch here, the creature dashes off into the woods...

Nearby a beautifull woman emerges from another part of the woods. "It has the flowers, we must get them back!"

[color=blue]Chi-chi Charro?