Another walk in the Garden (summer 1236)

Charro rewards you with a smile and quick kiss. "Yes my love, it is I, now you must come quickly. I know a secret entrance to the beasts lair, where we may enter undetected and snatch the flowers away before its master arrives to collect them."

"Are you coming or not? We must hurry!" She heads off in the same general direction the beast went.

[color=blue]You know, I thought better of this yet I came anyway. Charro! Sweetheart, tell me more of this beast. What is it? What's this game all about?

"The beast is the minion of the Consumer. I don't know what game you are talking about, if the devourer gets the flowers it makes it stronger, more powerfull. Eventually it could hunt us all down and kill us, but the Consumator protects us, and will be stronger if we get the flowers to them. It's imperative we get the flowers, so we can be together" she caresses Carlos cheek and kisses him.

[color=blue]Where is this Consumer located? The beast is headed there, right? Maybe we can head it off or maybe tak it out with the Consumer and the Consumater. Both sound scary if you ask me. And where is that saytr from last time? What's his part in this? And what is yours?

'It is complicated, and we don't have time. I am the daughter of the consummator, can we go and get the flowers before this beast destroys my family?" She heads in the direction of the beast, leaving you to either follow or not.

Carlos follows Chi-chi. When a lady needs help, Carlos is compelled :slight_smile:

Chi-Chi leads you to a thicket of brambles, which he crawls through to a cave where the beast lies at one end gnawing on what looks to be a human femur, beyond it lies the main entrance, and between you and the beast lies the two flowers. "Who is best at sneaking?" Chi chi whispers.

Bernat raises his hand. I I I'm a t..t...t..trained ssssspy.

Chi Chi places a finger over her lips, points to Bernat and to the flowers.

Bernat nods; looks at the cave, the beast and the flowers; tries to work out his best approach. Then he doffs his sword and armour, handing them to Carlos, before creeping his way slowly into the cave. He keeps to the walls as much as possible, and to any shadows, keeping his eyes all the while fixed for any sign that the beast has noticed his approach.

Dex 3 + Stealth 5+1 + stress 3 = 12. And if ever a situation called for Confidence (or Fortune, of which I have some points...), it's this.

Bernat creeps slowly across the cave flor, gently picking up the two flowers and back to the group. He has just returned when a shadow looms across the other entrance, and the sounds of the greater beast's approach can be heard. Chi chi gestures for Bernat to hurry through the rear exit with the flowers.

Speed was never a friend to stealth; Bernat maintains his cautious progress back to the rear entrance for as long as he can, only breaking into a scurry when the greater beast's shadow becomes visible at the cave entrance.

Bernat scrambles through the smaller entrance with the flowers as the beast lunges, swiping Chi Chi's leg with his claws, and she screams out in pain.

I would like to invoke Initiative, for Carlos will interpose between Chi-chi and the Beast to act as Defender.
Initiative +3, Stress Die s.mlpforums.com/uploads/post_ima ... titled.png. Crap. 1d10=8.
No botch, Initiative Total +3. If Lightning Reflexes applies, then the total is +6.
Attack: +12 & 1d10=1, then 1d10=5, equals an Attack Total of +22
Defense: +9 & 1d10=1, then 1d10=8, equals a Defense Total of +25

gotta love random dice :mrgreen:

Beast:
init 9+12=21
attk:8+15 (to Chi-chi)
def (from Marco): 0, 3 botch dice, 1 botch
Marco dmg:22+dmg?
soak:12
so whatever Marco's damage level is, the beast takes that +10 dmg
beast's size is +3, so at minimum a medium wound. Don't suppose you have +23 damage?
assuming the sheet is up to date, +7 gives 17 damage, or a heavy wound.

Chi chi can only crawl slowly towards the exit without assistance. Carlos has the Black Beast's undivided attention.

Bernat tucks the flowers into an inner pocket, and moves to help Chi-Chi back out of the cave. He hoists her onto one shoulder, keeping his right arm free for a knife just in case, and helps her hobble away.

The beast swipes at Marco while Bernat helps Chi Chi through the narrow back entrance. Lucia realizes they won't make it through with just Bernat and goes to help the two of them get out.

attk:15+die roll 5=20

I will let you use the defense from before that was skipped, so it does no harm to you.

What about Carlos?

He is currently engaged in a fight with the Black Beast, which he has given a moderate wound to- does he want to strike back or try to disengage?