Antoine of Verditius (Development)

This is, obviously, very much a work in progress as time permits. The intention is to have a Verditius crafter, but probably leading with Imaginem and maybe Au/Aq/Me.

I intend for him to hear of Andorra's resources, and of Vulcanus, during his Apprenticeship. On passing his gauntlet, he'll spend some time creating examples of his work, then journey to Andorra seeking a mentor of sorts in Vulcanus. I know Vulcanus probably wont be too keen on that - the character doesn't :slight_smile:

Antoine of Verditius
Characteristics: Int +4, Per -2, Pre 0, Com +2, Str +2, Sta +1, Dex +2, Qui -2
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0(1)
Confidence: 1(3)
Personality: Gentle +3, Insightful +2, Shrewd +1 (I mean in a monetary, mercantile sense)

Virtues(8 points):
The Gift (free)
Hermetic Magus (free)
Verditius Magic (free - Verditius)
[tab][/tab]Lab Total += Craft when enchanting; can alter item shape when opening; S&M bonus += Philosiphae (cap M. Theory); Vis to open -= Craft (min 1); Formulaic magic needs casting tools
Inventive Genius (minor)
[tab][/tab]+3 to Lab Total for spell invention, enchanting, potions. +6 if expermenting
Improved Characteristics (minor)
Great Intelligence (minor)
Flexible Formulaic Magic (major)
[tab][/tab]May alter one of Range, Duration or Target one step when casting
Social Contacts (Goldsmiths)
[tab][/tab]Presence vs 6 to find a contact in a new area
Side Effect: After casting a spell of the nth magnitude, the scent of Antoine's sigil causes those within n paces to become more susceptible to suggestion. They suffer a -n penalty to rolls to resist lies, suggestions, confusion, befuddlement and subterfuge, whether magical or mundane. However, this also applies to Antoine's allies, and - to a lesser extent (n/2 penalty) to Antoine himself. This effect is magical, with Penetration 0.
Reforging (Verditius)
[tab][/tab]Can repair enchanted items; and smelt items for Vis (details?)

Flaws(8 points):
Weird Magic (Hermetic, minor)
[tab][/tab]Roll an additional botch die for 0 on stressed spellcasting. Botches on that die are weird, not dangerous
True Love (major) - his fiancée, Isolde, who likely starts the saga following on after him
Driven (major) - Reconcile the Valdarian cult with House Verditius
Noncombatant (minor)
Hubris +1

Abilities:
[table][tr][td]Area Lore: Burgundy[/td][td]2[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales[/td][td]1[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]1[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]2[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td][td]4[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm[/td][td]3[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]2[/td][td](while crafting)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Craft - Goldsmith[/td][td]5[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Cult Lore - Verditius[/td][td]1[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Finesse[/td][td]2[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Ken[/td][td]4[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Goldsmiths' Guild Lore[/td][td]2[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Guile[/td][td]2[/td][td](fast talk)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Language: French[/td][td]5[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Language: Magyar[/td][td]2[/td][td](with Isolde)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Language: Latin[/td][td]5[/td][td](Hermetic usage)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Lore[/td][td]1[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory[/td][td]5[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Order of Hermes Lore[/td][td]1[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Parma Magica[/td][td]1[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Philosophiae[/td][td]2[/td][td](Verditius runes) Note - Verditius gains from Philosophiae are capped; no point having it higher until MT surpasses normal Shape and Material bonuses[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession - Scribe[/td][td]1[/td]td[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Teaching[/td][td]2[/td][td](Hermetic magi)[/td][/tr][/table]
Spent 160xp on Abilities

Arts
[table][tr][td]Creo[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intellego[/td][td]3 (3xp)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Muto[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perdo[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rego[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][tab][/tab][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aquam[/td][td]4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Auram[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Corpus[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Herbam[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ignem[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Imaginem[/td][td]8 (4xp)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mentem[/td][td]8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Terram[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vim[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]

Casting Sigil: A scent of cinnamon, which seems to beguile the senses (see Side Effect)
Voting Sigil: A set of copper Borromean rings

Spells
Personal Lungs of the Fish (MuAq(Au) 15: Personal, Sun, Part) as ArM5 p122, but Personal
Cloak of the Duck's Feathers (ReAq 5: Touch, Sun, Individual) ArM 5, p124
Wizard's Sidestep (ReIm 10: Personal, Sun, Individual) ArM 5, p147
Purity before the Noble's Court (MuIm 5: Touch, Sun, Individual)
[tab][/tab]The target appears to sight and smell as if they and their apparel are perfectly clean; as if freshly bathed and laundered with pleasant-scented soaps. Any dirt, stains etc. are of course actually still there. (Base 2, +1 Touch, +2 Sun)
Aura of Ennobled Presence (MuIm 10: Touch, Sun, Individual) ArM 5, p145
Disguise of the Transformed Image (MuIm 15: Touch, Sun, Individual) ArM 5, p146
Invisibility of the Standing Wizard (PeIm 15: Touch, Sun, Individual) ArM 5, p146
Perception of the Conflicting Motives (InMe 15: Eye, Momentary, Individual) ArM 5, p149
Recollection of the False Event (MuMe 5: Eye, Sun, Individual) As ArM 5, p149, but a major change
Calm the Motion of the Heart (PeMe 15: Voice, Momentary, Individual) ArM 5, p150
Ring of Warding against Spirits (ReMe 15: Touch, Ring, Circle) ArM 5, p151
Singlemindedness of the Concentrating Wizard (ReMe 25, Personal, Sun, Individual) A&A, p34
[tab][/tab]+3 concentration; all other Int-based rolls fail.

Items owned:
Brooch of the Duck's Feathers: as Cloak of the Duck's Feathers; Touch, Conc, Indiv; maintains conc; 50 uses/day; triggers on wearing (level 15 vs LT 32).
[tab][/tab]Will be given away to Isolde's father.
Quartz Ring of Invisibility: as Veil of Invis; Touch, Conc, Indiv; maintains conc; 6 uses/day; triggers on pressing stone between thumb and forefinger (level 23 vs LT 41+1d10=5)
[tab][/tab]Created by experimenting; experimentation roll: stress-die=6 - Side Effect: 2 - minor flaw
A Silver chain bearing a circular Cinnamon-wood pendant held in a gimbal allowing rotation about horizontal and vertical axes, attuned as talisman:

• Currently opened to 7 pawns; maximum 13 (MuIm)
  • Attuned to Intellego +2, Imaginem +4, Self-Protection +4
  • Instilled with (44 levels):
    [list]
    [*]Purity before the Noble's Court; Pers, Conc, Indiv; maintains conc; unlimited/day; triggers on pressing the pendant firmly to the skin (level 18 vs LT 40)
  • Aura of Ennobled Presence; Pers, Sun, Indiv; 2 uses/day; triggers on rotating pendant horizontally (level 6)
  • Disguise of the Transformed Image; Pers, Conc, Indiv; maintains conc; unlimited/day; triggers on rotating pendant vertically. Finesse roll to determine quality of illusion (level 20 vs LT 40)
    [/*:m][/list:u]

Backstory
Antoine was born in 1202 in Dijon, France; the second son of a local goldsmith, Pierre Danot. His mother having died giving birth to Antoine, he was taken to his father's shop-cum-workshop from an early age. At first, he helped in the front of the shop, and quickly developed excellent bargaining skills in order to offset the way no-one ever seemed to trust him. Soon, however, he was lending a hand in the workshop.

The tradition obviously being that the elder son (by some 3 years), Nicolas, should inherit the business, there was no little consternation in the family when it was discovered that little Antoine was better at the craft than his brother. Indeed, the way he was able to work metal often seemed to defy logic, as if he could form it with his fingers alone. At the age of 8, having produced his journeyman pieces, Antoine was inducted into the Goldsmiths' Guild. At 9, he was able to attend a grand meeting of many of the guilds from across Europe in his home city, and forged many useful connections.

Among those links was a Master craftsman from Hungary, Imre Eszes (apparently, Hungarian names of the era would be a given name and a descriptive; this is "Imre, the wise"), who took a particular interest in young Antoine. In the year 1212, he petitioned Pierre for the chance to take Antoine as his own apprentice; an opportunity Pierre accepted gratefully, as it both came with a not-inconsiderable stipend and solved the brewing sibling rivalry at a stroke. Antoine duly left for Hungary with Imre, but soon found that his new master was a magus of house Verditius, who had recognised the signs of the Gift in Antoine.

Antoine's apprenticeship was smooth, excepting that his talents seemingly lay away from the traditional Verditius lines and more with Imaginem and Mentem. He still possessed all the skills necessary to make a fine artificer, and passed his gauntlet with ease. Upon completing it, he presented his master with a token of his appreciation - a small golden brooch, enchanted with a constant-effect Purity before the Noble's Court. He remained in Hungary, pursuing his own researches and assisting Imre.

Initially, Antoine spent the years after his gauntlet improving his abilities as a Verditius crafter. Ever a resourceful soul, he also chose to seek out an initiation into the mystery of Reforging broken or unwanted items. During this time, he also heard of the history of the Valdarian cult. Antoine was struck to the heart with a sense of loss that an entire lineage of masterful craftsmen should have schismed from house Veriditus and be looked upon as heretics and black sheep; and resolved to do what he could to bring the lineage back into the main house.

In 1232, Imre mentioned that Antoine really should consider taking an apprentice of his own. Antoine was ambivalent; but did start shoring up his knowledge in his less-favoured arts, so as to be able to open those of an Apprentice as and when he took one.

In the autumn of 1232, Imre and Antoine attended a grand convocation of Hungary's Goldsmiths' Guilds. It was there that Antoine was introduced to the 16-year-old daughter of a local Guildmaster. Antoine was smitten by her beauty; she by gentle nature and stumbling Hungarian. That season, Antoine did little but call upon Isolde, and their relationship strengthened. At the point Antoine starts being "on-screen", they have been courting for nearly two years; Antoine is now certain that Isolde is the only woman for him, and he means to propose. It is at this point that he hears of Vocis' visit to the area, and the Valdarian armour he is wearing; he is prepared to seize his chance of meeting a Valdarian, and beginning on his grand task of reconciliation.

Post-Gauntlet:
Fall 1227: Study Magic Theory (10xp -> lvl 5)

Winter 1228: Study Finesse (5xp -> lvl 1) & Verditius Cult Lore (5xp -> lvl 1)
Spring 1228: Gain XP for cult initiation; spare 5XP into Ignem (-> lvl 3)
Summer 1228: Undertake initiation into a Verditius Inner Mystery of Reforging
Fall 1228: Study Vim (7xp -> lvl 4) & Intellego (3xp)

Winter 1229: Study Latin (10xp)
Spring 1229: Study Latin (->20xp)
Summer 1229: Study Latin (5xp -> lvl 5) & Craft (5xp)
Fall 1229: Study Craft (->15xp)

Winter 1230: Study Craft (-> lvl 5)
Spring 1230: Earn Vis
Summer 1230: Earn Vis
Fall 1230: Earn Vis

Winter 1231: Earn Vis
Spring 1231: Earn Vis
Summer 1231: Earn Vis
Fall 1231: Study Finesse (10xp -> lvl 2)

Winter 1232: Study Teaching (10xp)
Spring 1232: Study Teaching (10xp -> lvl 2 + 5xp)
Summer 1232: Study those arts Antoine lacks (9xp: An, Co, He -> lvl 2. 1xp: Te -> lvl 1)
Fall 1232: Season "lost" (courting Isolde)

Winter 1233: Open Silver/Cinnamon-wood Pendant
Spring 1233: Attune Pendant as Talisman
Summer 1233: Instill Purity before the Noble's Court into Pendant; attune to Intellego (Silver+2)
Fall 1233: Instill Aura of Ennobled Presence into Pendant; attune to Imaginem (Cinnamon+4)

Winter 1234: Instill Disguise of the Transformed Image into Pendant; attune to Self-Protection (Jewellery+4)
Spring 1234: Create Ring of Invisibility
Summer 1234: Create silver brooch with Cloak of the Duck's Feathers

7 seasons spent in the lab = 14xp Exposure. Apply 10 to Philosophiae (-> lvl 2). Remaining 4xp to Imaginem.

Vis stocks
21 pawns from 1 cycle
18 from 6 seasons' work
-2 pawns on Brooch
-3 pawns on Invisibility Ring
-1 pawn opening Talisman (7 - craft 5(+1))
-2 pawns on Purity
-1 pawn on Aura
-2 pawns on Disguise
= 28 pawns

ToDo: Mustering out.

I was thinking of yanking Vulcanus into the Twilight zone. The last activity by Ryu, the original player, was an Experiment that resulted in a Special/Story Event we never played out. That is the wild card to hand wave a mysterious disappearance that can be resolved latter.
OR...
If you are a young magus seeking Vulcanus as a Mentor, that could inspire interesting stories involving trying to gain admittance to his specific cult and the ramifications it has upon you and your relations to your House. See, Vulcanus is not actually a Verditius. He is House Flambeau. His line split from the Verdi and joined the Flambeau during the Schism War, and they retain a closed set of mysteries handed down to them by the founder of their cult, Valdarius. Valdarius was from Andorra Covenant.

Both are possible, presumably! As in, Placeholder could come seeking a mentor; after a while, Vulcanus could suffer his Twilighting.

What are the facts about the Valdarius cult?

Considering Placeholder's youth, he may come to Andorra hoping to heal the rift between his House and the Valdarians. Sure, it's not likely to happen, but most modern graduates hit the real world with ridiculous dreams that have to beaten out of them by reality. :slight_smile:

What you know about the Valdarian cult depends on your Order of Hermes Lore. There may be a few teasers you gain from Verditius Cult Lore.
A few basic Facts...

• Valdarius left House Verditius in a huff during the Schism War, accusing his housemates of timid inactivity and treacherous double dealing, and joining House Flambeau he partnered with Deldendos and formed the core of the societates known as the Knights of Seneca.
  • The Valdarian lineage divides in two latter on; some rejoin the Verdi and practice a form of spirit magic in their enchantments. Those that remain Flambeau focus on magical armaments and rediscovering the lost mysteries of Valdarius.
  • Valdarius discovered/invented the mystery of Iberian Rune Script. This is similar to Elder Runes yet they are exclusively incompatible. You cannot know both.
  • Vendettas and Rivalries often form btween Valdarian Flambeau magi and traditional Verditius magi. The Spirit master Verdi descended from Valdarius try to avoid these conflicts and are never known to engage in such grudges.
  • The armored corpse of Valdarius is an enchanted super weapon that will come to life if the Diedne should ever resurface.

Ooh, I like that. It would actually make a fine Driven (major) goal: "Reconcile the Valdarian cult with House Verditius".

What is his mqgical specialty/focus? Silver items, jewelry, bog houses, carts, tinny items, HUGE items....?

I hadn't fixed that, yet. Vulcanus is a blacksmith, isn't he? Hmm. Maybe jewellery and fine-work. He could make use of Andorra's silver that way (and the Shape & Material bonuses are of course nice and varied for gem use). Open to suggestions, though.

There may be something to do with Aquam or Auram. I've never seen these used very much. And I like the idea of the verditius illusionist too.

Nope, I like this.
The verditius blacksmith is, to me, becoming as cliché as they get, so this is a nice change :smiley:
This allows you to make delicate and beautiful enchantments that can be worn almost anywhere, this is great.

Maybe he wants to compete with Jerbitons, too, or feels a kinship of spirit?

The verditius blacksmith is a classic, yes. However, to me they have always looked like the brute in the class, the ones that make ugly stuff. have always thought that other verditius working in finer crafts would look down on them for creating such brutish items. Not fine magi with superb crafts, but basically unskilled laborers in the point of view of tye house. Jewelry fits better with how I like the verditius myself.

I like it too. And, it won't compete with Vulcanus if/when Ryu returns, and won't overshadow our new Crafting companion (Donna). I also like that jewelry will provide a bit of a challenge since I don't think you can cram as much into them (due to size) as other items (although I'll admit I'm ignorant on Verditius mysteries).

And Imaginem actually fits well with jewelery I think. A brooch that changes your appearance, a necklace that gives Aura of Enobled Presence, rings of invisibility, etc.

It's also possible Vocis could meet Placeholder in Transylvania. There are several Verditius contracted to the Tremere there and Vocis isn't hiding the fact that he's friends with a Valdarian.

I'm also no expert on Verditius mechanics, but if he's using gold and gems he'll have quite a bit of room in his items. A gold ring holds 10 vis and gemstones go up to 20. I agree that jewelry is a good fit for Imaginem (see Brass, Clear Glass, Earring, Electrum, Necklace, etc.). It's also extremely flexible, since you can use several different types of metal and whatever gems you like. The downside is that silversmithing, goldsmithing, and gemcrafting are all different crafts.

Side note to Asilano - I strongly recommend you download the Shape and Material index, available for free on the Atlas Games main page for Ars. You'll be making extensive use of it as a Verditius.

Yeah, works for me. I'll try to bear that in mind when assigning my native language.

Are they? Boo. I mean, having gems separate makes sense, but I'd hoped gold and silver both fell under a sort of Precious Metals craft. After all, Blacksmiths can presumably work with iron and various steels with no penalty?

BTW, where do you find what different crafts there are? (Serf's parma - I'm not with my core book [is that an accurate use of Serf's parma?])

Yup, already grabbed them :slight_smile:

Rhooo! Good idea! :smiley:

Truth be told, this is, IMO, often simplified/abused (depending on how you see it), with people taking blacksmith and doing with it things that's go under a wider range of skills. IIRC, blacksmiths create horseshoes and make steel for armorers and weaponsmiths, you don't go to the village smith for a sword.

For the crafts, I have a memory loss. It feels like I should be able to give you some answer, but there's a big hole in my mind :laughing: Reason tells me there should be something in City and Guild, but I really can't tell :open_mouth:

He doesn't necessarily need to be from the Transylvania tribunal. The Tremere hire Verditius magi from all over Mythic Europe. Given Placeholder's interest in the Valdarians, the Provencal, Iberian, and Rhine tribunals could easily work.

I don't see a comprehensive list in C&G, but there is some (slightly contradictory) info on p. 64-65. Page 64 says craft skills should be based on the material used and mentions both goldsmiths and silversmiths, but it also mentions the 'jeweler' craft that uses precious stones to decorate jewelry, armor, clothing, and even books. Page 65 gives an option for crafters using unfamiliar materials (specifically listing a goldsmith making a copper ring) at a -1 penalty to his Craft skill.

All that said, I've since remembered that Bernhard and Vulcanus only have Craft: Blacksmith and Marko has allowed us to lump weapons and armor into that Craft. I'd be ok with Craft: Jeweler covering all types of jewelry, including the metal and gemstone aspects of the crafts.

Ok, fair enough. I might well have him as native French, then; still a foreigner in Andorra, but (if I read Marko's language rules correctly) still able to muddle by due to similarity of Romance languages.

I guess I need an official standpoint from Marko, then. How wide can I make a craft ability (relating to jewelery and precious metal work)? If it's quite narrow, am I able to craft "related" items with partial score?

I've also been looking at my remaining Virtues. I rather like the idea of "Learns Craft from Mistakes", but I can't tell if it's ever likely to come up in-play. It feels like a character would have significantly less opportunity to just-fail or botch a Craft roll than other abilities - but I could be wrong?

Also, if I haven't taken Gentle Gift, does that make it difficult for my True Love (who I don't intend to be a major character) to be a mundane?

Roberto did time in the Normandy Tribunal. You may have perhaps met him briefly at the Tribunal Meeting of 1228. He placed in the semi-finals for Dimicatio and took part in a minor case ruling. You may have participated in the magic item show/competition. I suggest, if you are comfortable with the development rules, advancing the character at least seven years from gantlet. This will also enable you to become someone notable that would attract attention. You only recently learned of the Valdarian Mysteries, and you want to learn more. You seek Vulcanus as a mentor and mystagogue. I am going to slowly pull him back from the game but he will be available to push you and to guide you.

As for Craft Abilities, I would aim for middle of the road. For example, I would let Blacksmith cover weapons and armor as well as horseshoes. But not gold chains or silver plates.
Looking up the wikipedia definition for Goldsmith, the craft includes gold and other precious metals such as silver. However, a Silversmith works almost exclusively with silver. I would suggest using Craft-Metalsmith, taken to mean precious metals (gold,silver, even copper). Goldsmith and Silversmith are Specializations.

I have not seen "Learn from Misakes" used that often, so I cannot judge. I recommend something more direct.
and...

True Love overcomes the Gift :smiley:

It only seems fair, IMO, yes :smiley:

In fact, I like it as a HR for crafts:

• Either you define a material, like steel, silver, wood, and can craft things with it across several things. Some materials being unsuited to some items (A silver armor is too soft to be good). So, one would be a goldsmith, silversmith, Ironsmith...
  • Either you define a kind of items, like armors, clothes, weapons, and can craft items with it mixing with several materials. Some materials being less good (A cloth armor...). Conversely, you'd have Weaponsmiths, Armorsmiths, Jewelers, Clothiers...
    Dunno how it'd work, though, just a random idea.

Learn from mistakes, it depends on how many rolls you expect to do. As a verditius, instead of a normal crafts-wo-man, not many, IMO.
As a verditius, I'd take Puissant, or, if going for a high skill, Affinity.

For the True Love, IMO, no. True Love sees right through the Gift, connecting individuals on a deeper level.

Ok, that sounds like a workable plan. I haven't ever advanced a Magus beyond gauntlet, but I've read your house rules. I'm a little unclear whether the things under "Cycle" are "do all of these" (which is how it reads) or "do one of these" (which appears to be how Year and Season work). Assuming it's "Do all of", I think they mean that over 7 years (one "cycle"), the magus would:

• Gain 21 pawns of Vis; any which are unused need to be processed as residue = (unused pawns - years-past-gauntlet); up to 0.5 * residue kept as vis; the rest traded as qpv against the subsequent tables
  • Optionally gain up to 3 Virtue points from something that happens. Doing so takes 1 season and 10xp per Virtue point. I'm unclear how being part of the Verditius Mystery Cult affects this.
  • Optionally have a major life event
  • Gain at least 1 Warping point (from Twilight, as a Magus)
  • Have 7 times 4 minus 1 Seasons, each of which is:

[list]
[*] 10xp (but not more than 21 seasons)

• Lab work (but not more than 21 seasons)
  • Gain 3 pawns Vis
  • Something Else
    [/*:m][/list:u]

Is that accurate?

Ok, I'm happy with that. I'll take either Metalsmith or Jeweler (if The Fixer's options are OK), and a different Virtue (probably Puissant or Affinity, although I kinda wanted something a little unusual)

Awww :smiley:

1. Yes
  2. Yes, although there's a discrepancy between the cycle rules ("1 virtue") and the "Gaining New Virtues & Flaws" ("up to 3 points"). You also made a smell error for time. See below.
  3. The major life event is not optional: You must describe something important that happens to your character. I've found out this really helps to flesh him out.
  4. Yes. Each season, you can one of what you listed. You also gain 1 warping point if under a LR.
    4.1) Yes
    4.2) Yes
    3.3) Yes
    3.4) Yes

If you want to gain a virtue/lose a flaw:

• This must be done either in an adventure (at most once, and should be non-magical), as part of a mystery cult (You must have enough Cult lore), or by gaining enough warping points (refer to the core book. I believe it's 7+ for minor and... aaargh... more for a major. I believe I used 15 for Arachne but the actual number is less)
  • XP cost: 10xp per point, period. As XP = seasons, this must come from your XP pool of 3.1
  • Time cost: 1 season + 1 season per virtue point gained/flaw lost - 1 season per flaw point gained. Minimum time cost = 1 season.
    So, assuming you want a major virtue and 2 minor flaws, that's 30 XP (10*3) and 2 seasons (1-3-2)

Leave that open. Must go fast now, but suggestions forthcoming. Remind me else..............