Anulus Connectens: Magi of Hermes Covenant

Some ideas -

1. Fouling of the hull can be a huge problem for wooden ships, both in terms of damage to the wood and loss of speed. Something to prevent/remedy that would be useful and Perdo isn't Andreva's strong suit.
  2. Some craft magic items might be useful. Instant rope splicing/net mending or sail repair if it hasn't already been done.
  3. Fire extinguisher type items would be a good idea as well (and can also be Perdo based).
  4. Perhaps something to reduce the permeability of the sails, so they better grab the wind?
  5. An item with a Concentration duration effect that helps turn & move the ship in the water. Primarily used to prevent the ship from being taken aback and ending up "in irons" when tacking across the wind.

What is the boat's purpose? Is it purely a trading/transport vessel or is it more multi-role?

Another idea; A rego spell to have the boat sit higher in the water and thereby be able to navigate further up rivers and into shallower waters.

A Creo Corpus spell to prevent sea-sickness, or at higher level, preventing scurvy and other debilitating diseases.
I am considering CrCo since everything related to Healing is using this combination of Tech+Form. I am not sure if a ReCo Ward against Diseases would be applicable.

"Sigil of shallow draft" - ReHe base 3 control an amount of wood +1 touch range +3 duration moon +3 target structure total ReHe30 - the wizard draws a sigil on the side of a ship, much like a lower case f. The ship touched will sit in the water with the waterline touching the level of the base of the sigil, no matter how heavily laden it is.

(visually, it's like a loading mark on a ship except instead of reflecting the safe load level it magically enforces the level the ship sits in the water at).

For spells to control sea creatures - how big are we looking at? Size +4 to include Orcas and small sharks? (so 1 extra modifier) Size +9 for humpback whales? (so 3 extra modifiers includes all sea creatures common to the northwest atlantic)
Eg "direct the marine predator" ReAn base 2 plant a single suggestion in the mind of an animal, +3 sight, +2sun duration, +2 size modifier (up to size +7) for ReAn 25. This spell plants the suggestion in an aggressive creature of what it should go attack. This spell will direct a creature as large as a big shark or moderate size whale to chase a particular target until the next sunrise/sunset.

I like them. Both of them and a lot.
Nice work Darkwing

For drinking water - I could control clouds to rain and catch it on deck, but that involves having rainclouds at sea when you might want to avoid that.
Referencing the topic https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/salt-mine-spell/9715/1 (which is about turning seawater into salt for sale), let's turn it around and have a spell that turns water into vapour, leaving the salt behind, and you catch the vapour.
ReAq 3 turns water into steam. Adding a terram requisite as ReTe can be used to move the salt or hold it in place. ReAq(Te) Base 3, +1 touch range, +1 duration concentration, +1 terram requisite - total 10. This will turn a pot of salt water into water vapour and leave the solid salt behind, if you catch the vapour in a separate pot, when you end concentration it condenses back into water.

Shouldn't Rego Aquam be able to separate fresh water from salt water?
Or PeTe to destroy the salt?

So, is Hector doing a fresh water device? And which method is the best or right one?

Anyway, Janus' year +61-75 is done all his time ha been spent.
What is the status of the rest of the magi.

Bausas has about 2.5 years to spend left in that periode.
But I was planning to reserve time for making Longevity rituals for everyone, and lost track of whether to do so in this 15-year periode or wait for the next one.

Andreva has one more spell then I'll write a few words on her apprentice and, the wizard war, do her aging rolls and update the character sheets.

Seeing as Metacrator did not complain I assume Janus made his Aging Rolls.
But I'm sure things go awry during the next period.
Are there any things Basuas needs or wants which Janus can make for him (in year +76-90), to pay for his time performing Longevity?
Otherwise I'll just when the time comes assign Janus to be "performing some lab activity re-creating a previously invented yet still awesome device and selling i for vis"

We'd better start thinking about what the overall story is for the year +76-90.
I'm drawing a blank here. What haven't we done?

I had put aside two seasons for Andreva in this period.

How much leadership does Bausas have? We could organize to have 3 assistants to him for every longevity ritual without too much difficulty. Grace (Andreva's familiar) could certainly spare some seasons.

So
I imagine we could do something like this

Bausas does Janus' ritual assisted by Janus, Andreva, and Grace
Bausas does Andreva's ritual assisted by Janus, Andreva, and Grace
Bausas does Hector's ritual assisted by Hector, Sarose, and Grace
Bausas does Sarose's ritual assisted by Hector, Sarose, and Grace

But it all depends on Bausas' leadership

Bausas has leadership 3, specialized in Labwork, so really 4 for this purpose.
The above works for me - and we even get to add in Callidus for free, as he is Bausas' familiar.

That would be fine with me.

Works for me then.
I'm still a little unsure if it should be in the 60-75 periode or the 75-90 though.

I was thinking 61-75 that's when I set aside the time. Andreva ends this period at age 101, I don't think that she's the oldest. How high is Bausas' applicable magic theory? if It's 10 then we need to go in 61-75, if 11 then early in 76-90 if higher we might be able to wait even longer.

So can we get numbers for the longevity rituals

Andreva's applicable int + MT is 11
Grace's is 14

If Bausas doesn't have flawless glassware in his lab (+2 general quality) he should certainly use Andreva's Chest of Laboratory Equipment to get it while working on rituals.

So, what is the status of the magi for year +75?. I sort of lost track.
Janus is done.

It looks like the Longevity rituals will be done in the early years of 75-90, which was the information I needed to get on with the previous periode.

OK if we're going to push longevity rituals to the next period I'll find something to fill up Andreva's two seasons she had allocated to that project and finish out.