Apollon

Mostly just copying these bits into this thread but there is a question at the bottom.

For the Adventure xp I would like to place 5 in Faerie Lore, which I assume is perfectly fine for a trip to Mt. Olympus and 5 in AL: Mt. Olympus if that's alright.

Sorry, side question. Since the Adventure was in Summer of 1196 there does not seem to be a season of instruction during 1196. Is this correct or was "Imbued with the Spirit of Form" considered Teaching a Hermetic Virtue per the rules in Apprentices?

those would be fine for the adventure- my mistake, I forgot to include fall 1196 taught faerie lore, SQ:18 as always

Apollon is updated to head to Tribunal.

Apollon is spending his 8xp from the tribunal on intrigue (5xp) and AL: Delos (3xp).

Edit: With Intrigue I'm curious what a good specialty would be from the lesson of this tribunal and Lucien's chaotic manipulations? Does "plotting" fit that? If so, what sorts of things does a speciality in plotting entail?

plotting would certainly fit- it comprises forming alliances or agreements towards a common goal along with formulating (especially collaboratively) complex plans.

Winter 1199 you were assigned a book on perdo, you have read vim

Cool. Just an error on the season log. The Xp were placed correctly. Fixed.

seasons after the tribunal of 1200:
taught merinita organization Lore (SQ:18), initiate charm magic
book faerie magic (SQ:14)
lab (InVi)
lab (InVi)
taught mentem (SQ:18)
book muto (SQ:22)
lab (ReTe)
lab (ReTe)
taught spells (TBD)
book herbem (SQ:19)
lab (ReAu)
invasion

I advanced Apollon to the point where spells need to be determined.

He is now 21, I should lose the "Dependence (Directed towards Spirit)" childhood flaw. I have not removed it from the wiki but I have struck it out. I was wondering if you have an idea of a good flaw to replace that. I also just decided he has inherited the inherited flaws of The Falling Evil (Grogs p79) and Visions.

monstrous blood- magic spirit

I just noticed that I forgot to give Apollon exposure xp when his arts were opened, mind if I just add 2 to MT?

Also, now Apollon's total aging modifier is -6 (Strong Faerie Blood -3, Hyperborean Descent -2, and Monsterous Blood -1), do you mind if I start making the "before necessary" aging rolls to see how his apparent age changes? By before necessary I mean the part mentioned about doing a longevity ritual early where you ignore results above 9 or whatever (ie. no negative effects of aging but you might not increase your apparent age).

do you know where that is?

found it- what it says is that results over 9 should be treated as 9, I need to look through the supernatural effects- some specify an age to start rolling, which would seem counter-instructional to roll early as a result...

go ahead, treat rolls over 9 as 9 until age 50 (from strong faerie blood)

A result of 3-9 on the aging roll is merely apparent age increases by 1. As someone who has been told his whole life he looks really young the idea that apparent age always increases unless you are under the effects of a longevity ritual with no chance that living condition or things like Strong Faerie Blood keep you looking young seems weird to me. I would likely not bother but at -5 or more that's a pretty significant chance that apparent aging will not increase.

Posted the last before seeing the edit.

following the structure of the rules- looking young might well be a virtue (or childhood flaw), and healthy environmental conditions specifically simply improve you ability to withstand aging. Longevity potions allow for early effects, but Strong faerie blood specifically exempts someone from rolling before age 50. The combination of hyperborean descent and monstrous blood however give a -3 bonus between them, are of supernatural origin, and do not specify a starting age, which is similar enough to a longevity ritual for the effect to trigger in my judgement

It's moot but my thinking is living condition means better food but it also means you're spending less time working under the hot sun and other things that seem to have a significant effect on people looking older.

true, but the effects of those particular differences don't start to matter until you are looking older as opposed to just less physically mature

Apparent age is always merely cosmetic in my understanding.

With all the other questions I've asked it might have gotten forgotten, what spells does Lucien teach Apollon? Once I have that I can finish up his advancement to "Invasion" (just three seasons, including the one where he's taught the spells).