archimedes

Is the rome timeline waiting for the Venice thread?

The main reason I'm asking is that when we advance, Archimedes will be trying to learn a couple of inner Verditius mysteries, so if those should be stories I don't want to create a delay when time would otherwise be moving forward past 1207 or whatever date, if it would be easier to deal with that now when other stories in the same time period are happening.

The Rome timeline has moved forward, but everyone in the Venice thread is stuck waiting for it to resolve. It isn't as close to being done as some might think, in fact you have almost finished with the first stage. It has been a while since I have looked at it and I'm not honestly certain who from that thread is even still involved in the game. Which is part of why I try to keep major characters like magi from tripping over each other in the same stories...

I thought it was just a solo thread with I Doth DIYed

We also made advancement a while back with establishing that the covenant of Felix Collis (in Malta) is now a recognized covenant and has recruited NPC members.

I didn't realize it should go beyond Spring 1201. Where should he have advanced to?

spring 1201 is as far as I have taken Rome at this point, partially due to frustration since the rest of the game is in 1204-1207

In Summer 1201, Archimedes gets to 4 in Verditius Cult Lore, and will ask the mystagogue he's been corresponding with for initiation. He would like to do more than one, but I know you don't like shopping lists so not sure how you want to handle.

FYI I realized I hadn't done aging for him (he had a chart but no rolls on discord) so I had to backtrack with that a bit, and he had a crisis, and had to buy a new LR.

Given the prices in the Roman tribunal and your access to vis I expect that is a rather good LR.

I wasn't sure what the cap was, so got a 50. Is higher readily available?

readily? No. At the prices you can pay, yes. At double price you can get up to 70.

Between how close you are to Verdi and your lore finding a mystagogue should be no problem for any Verditius virtue you want to initiate. Let the negotiations begin...

May I assume Lore of 4 is enough that he knows what the virtues are and has a rough idea about the canon initiations?

yes. If your presence were higher (3+) you would be able to begin initiations at level:4

Confirming he needs 5 lore before he'll be allowed to initiate major inner mysteries.

The first one he looks for is Enchanted Casting Tools.

to gain one? No... to initiate someone else into those mysteries you will need well above a 5, but you can initiate someone into the minor virtues with a lore of 5...

the mystagogue does want standard rate for his time- 12 pawns of vis for the season.

He will pay, and that will be Fall 1201.

Verditius Elder Runes initiation needs to be done in Winter, so he will try to get that the following season.

It will require a full season of correspondence (which does not interfere with other seasonal activities) to establish yourself with another mystagogue to arrange for initiation.

Studied for winter and spring with correspondence to find a mystagogue for Item Attunement (hopefully in the summer).

That initiation has some plot elements that need to be handled via story, not as background activities. In fact I would prefer to address most initiations as stories rather than something that happens during advancement, but that can't really happen when you advance your characters to catch up to the next plot point that I have laid out when the game is already past you...

Well that's the only way I'm aware of to advance, we will always be going toward a plot point in the future that you set out.

Edit: I hadn't read the initiation yet, so now I see what you mean re the plot elements. May I continue advancing and attempt to do Elder Runes? then do Attunement whenever it fits with your timeline?