archimedes

There are a lot of elements here, and part of my frustration is that in terms of most tribunals the game is at 1204-1207, and really I would like all initiations to be stories, at the same time I don't want to bog down the Roman tribunal or put you in a position of having to rush the story in order to play in the next plot element, which for the Roman Tribunal will be around 1204 and is still lagging the rest of the game in most particulars. Had I known you were going to be wanting to do initiations say 3 month ago real time, we could have created the story for them. It seems however like you are waiting until the last minute to make these decisions which require, in essence going back to when you character was advancing to deal with initiations.
An initiation should be a major development for a character worthy of a story, not something you throw into your advancement like reading a book. If you have a character going through initiations it really requires player initiated stories and a more proactive approach to development then waiting to see when a story will happen and the backfilling experience.

ok. I don't want to cause frustration, so I will advance to 1204 without further initiations, and announce my intent that he will seek Elder Runes and Item Attunement in the future.

I'm going to go ahead and start a thread for your correspondence/conversation backstory for the initiation arc...

Is this ok for two item effects?

Dolorous Bell

CrMe 25 Base 4 – Voice +2/Diam +1/ Group +2 – Anyone who hears the bell when sounded feels abject terror

PeVi 15 Base 3 – Voice +2/Mom/ Group +2 – Dispels effects within the sound of the bell level up to 1/2*[15+d10]

The PeVi is rather vague as an effect, almost like a guideline being copied rather than an effect being designed. You certainly enchant it with two effects, however in the core book "you can use one effect from one item each round" (p.100) means that two effects cannot be triggered in the exact same way.

I meant it to work like Wind of Mundane Silence, I will fix the wording.

I have advanced to Fall 1203, not sure how much further we should go.

I have your magic theory at 6+2, not 7+2, and with a fair ways to go before you would get to 7+2
when you have +3 MT on your experience tracker I am reading that as +2xp+1 for affinity- is there a different reason for that value?
I found a discrepancy in our sheets going far enough back that I'm just changing to what was on the wiki, good to the start of the venice adventure should you care to investigate.

re the discrepancy I have him at gauntlet with MT 6+2. The +3 MT xp was exposure with affinity, I made that more clear.

I don't want to turn my nose up at an adventure but I don't see a strong reason why he would go.

Understandable- it certainly has more appeal for the mage errants or those in established covenants who are already tied to the intrigue... Malta really requires more in player initiative to go out and explore the island or do research into the caves etc.

He is studying toward making items that will let us communicate with ghosts and overcome the language barried, which will help with the caves, but he can't yet; also means to spend a season exploring the buried temple but I keep forgetting.

there are likely to be ghosts (or apparent ghosts) amongst the emerging phenomina in Venice...
possibly things which can serve as inspiration for research, if you are looking for breakthroughs...

He's planning on making a translation device; something with an InMe effect like Thoughts within Babble linked to CrIm (sound) to translate speech, and a second effect that puts words into people's heads with InIm linked to CrMe.

That's actually going to be his project for the Contest; but will help him speak to the ghosts in his lab too, and to the one in the cave. (as well as MuMe to make them visible)

I've run the numbers and he doesn't have the lab totals yet, though. Right now he can't really deal with spirits or regios at all.

@silveroak I don't know what you want to do about parallel characters, or whether you intend to run a full story regarding initiations, but I notice that Archimedes is now one of the two earliest points in the timeline and is hoping to do some Verditius cult initiations. (Possibly involving him creating a script for the initiation of Inventive Genius or Puissant/Affinity with Magic Theory.)

If he is going to be creating a script instead of seeking one out socially then this will go strictly by the book to start- decide what elements your script will have and what risk factor you want to take for experimental development...

I thought he was going to collaborate with Timothy (the guy he's corresponding with) as a way of building standing with the Verditius Cult to get his own initiations in turn.