Ars Magica: Ad fons

I'm very interested! Do you need anything from me prior to submitting a finished character sheet? A character concept or writing sample?

Welcome aboard! But you won't be alone as a new in the game. Cuchulainshound has also applied. Introduce your character in the forum and there is a thread that can be used for introduction.

/Max

Which one? The one for Completed Character sheets? OOC? Some other?

It doesn't matter-

So, we'll do it here...

Furaxis was a young street thief in the alleyways of Paris when his Parens found him. The fire and drive was evident, as was his Gift. Apprenticeship was odd, even for a Tytalus, as his master downplayed the use of spells to solve problems, instead focusing on and improving his own skills. As a result he is not as much of a closet case as many magi find themselves, and he can still reinsert himself into an urban or social environment fairly easily, or as easily as most any Gifted magi can.

However, it's also true that once he learned to read a new world opened for him, and he threw himself in to it, and now feels that there is almost no limit to what can be gained from the written word and the value that can be gained from by obtaining the right tome. This fostered an appreciation for libraries and the work necessary to create them.

As a result, he is not the sort of Tytalus who sabotages his environment just to prove he can, and he certainly believes the world is harsh enough that it’s not necessary to foul where you sleep. Any fool can light a fire while no one is looking - the fool learns nothing from doing so, and the victims learn only to mistrust the fool. The teachings of Tytalus are to improve yourself by challenges, and possibly to open others’ eyes while doing so, not to cause trouble for trouble’s sake.

He also tends to side with the underdog in any situation, from hard experience at the hands of Parisian enforcers as well as feeling a kinship from his apprenticeship, where he found the odds against himself more than once.

In the time since he was gauntleted, he got in a bit of trouble within the bounds of a nearby Tribunal, and decided that dropping out of sight would be best- and his Parens, who suspected what he'd done, helped him land this position in a more "isolated" covenant, where his habits would have time to mature while staying out of the Hermetic eye.

Use the usegroup tool to get access. And use the OOC to present you characters. When they are approved of you post them in the character sheet section. Use the at the covenant thread to introduce your character.

My membership to the player usergroup is still pending. I will hopefully be able to post my character by tonight.

Do you need any companion characters or should I submit a Magus only?

Bruce

Magus only, at least as a start.

New magus for Ad Fons needed.

Max 5 years out of apprenticeship and with a good reason to wanting to live in the middle of nowhere.

/Max

I'd be intrigued about joining.

Interesting. I would be interested in playing alongside Octavian as opposed to being his ASG. If there is space.

As the person running the current plot if you have a concept with little reason to live in the middle of nowhere talk to me, I can probably give you a reason in my current plot

I have several. Here they are in order of preference:

A warrior magi who seeks personal combat for the thrill and to push himself to his limits. Unfortunately, he has recently ran afoul of some polish nobility and needs to lay low for a while. Either Tytalus, Flambeau, can stretch it to also include Criamon or Mercere.

A jerbiton female magi that took flight to avoid a very obsessive noble suitor. She seeks asylum in the coven to remain hidden from the noble and his men.

A magi seeking to perform very dangerous research or mystery cult initiations and to avoid attention or collateral damage seeks out a quieter and secluded coven for his needs: Bonisagus, Verditus, Merinita, Bjornaer.

A tremere magi sent to the gain a foothold for the House in the Tribunal. A skill administrator.

Both Octavian and Marko are welcome. We need som new blood. Recruitment ends here. Do what you wish for a magus but remember that Ad Fons is Justus pet project. :slight_smile: Post the magi in the OOC forum and we go from there.

New magi wanted to Ad Fons. Anyone interested?

I am. I like the slow posting speed of your other game. Two fast games is too much for me, but I can handle another slow game.

Any slot that needs filling (like House X, or good at technique Y, or gentle gifted, ...)?

Welcome. Anything goes.

Okay.

Where do I find the chargen rules (hermetic age etc)?

I gave the other five years when they started and just follow the rulebook.

hi, are you looking for new players at the moment? I'm a polish guy, so that part of europe where covenant is is really close to my heart.

Rob

Yes, you are welcome but I must warn you that m saga runs really slow.