Ars Magica: fight or flight?

I'm interested in this - are you still accepting new people?

I'm interested in a couple of the tribunals already up - Thebes, Vinland, Roman.

Vinland covenants will start with individual magi in Europe making contact with the magi who have the arcane connections. Yes, I am accepting new people still.

Great! What is your preferred method for discussion of characters?

Figure out which tribunal you want the character to be in, preferably which covenant (which may still be being made) and then propose the character, and I will make a thread to discuss the characters.

So, what is the status of this project?
Are you already well underway?

underway, not well underway. so far we only have one covenant, and that is a single magus covenant- at least so far. There is still a lot of room for development, it would be great to get some people working in the same tribunal at the same time...

Okay
Are there some short catchup notes, so I can get a grasp of what this is about Iff It sounds like a huge project with several covenants with different groups of player magi?

it is, and there isn't a lot of "catchup" to do right now- you might start by entering conversations about which covenants to form and making a magi who will join one of those- right now there are a lot of character ideas and a couple of completed characters but no multi-mage covenants being put together.

For those looking for some more concrete character ideas, the Covenant of Aqabus is shaping up which could definitely use a Tremere magus and a Seeker, probably a Bonisagus. If you wish to play multiple magi spread over multiple covenants this is of course still allowed, but these could be easy starting points for joining the game.

Hi silveroak, is there room for more to join?

yes, we have the whole of Europe to fill...

Thanks! Since the Aqaba Covenant seems to be closest to completion, I was of a mind to create a Hermetic Sahir to join, but if you are more interested in a Tremere/Seeker, I will accommodate.

Had also in mind a Criamon from the Rhine, interested either in the Vineland expedition or the Magic Realm expedition to a new world.

The game appears to have been fragmenting due to a combination of scope and lack of a coherent beginning due to that scope, so I am rebooting. The premise of the game remains the same, but we will be beginning with the "prequel" in which the first 'magi' built will be apprentices in the Theban tribunal- heading to the first Tribunal to meet their future parens, in 1186.

The game will progress quickly at first, with game events becoming more common as 1130 is approached...

the reboot is going well, and this game will remain open to new players for some time. The Roman tribunal should be opening before too long, followed by the Hibernian and Provencal Tribunals, which will want more players to fill the available roles...

Hello! What do I do to try and sign up?

make sure you are part of the PBP players group, and request access to the wiki

Still looking for players?

I’ve been craving a game, but irl seems impossible to coordinate.

I am also looking. I am a little uncertain though about how this saga works. It looks very heavy ... but I am not sure if one as a player has to be in on all the tribunal threads. How intensive a participation is expected?

As intensive as you want- a lot of the intensity comes from a hope for a large number of players, so yes it is open. the Roman tribunal is starting up now, Hibernia is going to be starting soon- the next entry point for Thebes will be a ways out and you wouldn't finish apprenticeship until 2014, which means your character won't be as mature as some of the others, but if you want to do the late apprenticeship you certainly can, I expect to still be accepting new characters and players past 2014, so...

Thebes is the tribunal I know most about or really anything tbh. I don’t mind playing an apprentice, would be fun really.

A little about me, I’ve played a lot irl a few different editions, but only once tried to play pbp like 10 years ago.

I’d love to join, what do you suggest?