Ars Magica LABORATORY

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juglans_regia - Other thing, the erratas said that the tree known how hickory is not european, but here says the opposite thing, taht is known since romans time.

1. This does not belong in a pinned thread - these are for finished effects.
  2. Your link appears to refer to the walnut tree. I fail to see how this is relevant for the Hickory tree, even though I shall happily grant you that they are related (being of the same order). I also note with interest that

(from the wiki article on hickory), meaning that hickory indeed can be found in asia.
Being of the same order does not imply being of the same genus and certainly not being of the same species.

Ok problem about taht i am not a English natural speaker. When i search the word Hickory, the name translated on Spanish is "Nogal", searching "Nogal" on es.wikipedia.org that sends me to the wallnut tree.
And sorry, but i didn't want do Threadnomancy or make a one response theme. I should have edited my before magical object, that has created polemic too. Sorry the Off topic.

Don't worry about it - I'm not a native speaker either, I figured it was something like that

Not really threadomancy, just that the thread is mostly for finished items.

Yes, for that, i am sure that there are a thread where sombody talked about the failure to include the hickory, i mean that.
Finished finally:

I'm not sure I would call that "finished" - not with all the problems noted in this thread on that exact spell -

https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/charged-item-salt-from-the-palace/6385/1

Yeah... but most of the opinions are related to perspectives and house rules. With the basic arguments now works well, i think.

The Patient Sentinel
Base: Stir the Slumbering Tree,
MuHe 25 (Touch, Sun, Ind, +2 size)
+1 Sun -> Moon, +3lvls environmental trigger
Total: 33

This device, crafted from clay in the guise of a bird's nest, awakens a tree in a manner that makes the new human-level sentience very good at remembering details and taking messages. The self-activating Moon-duration nature of this enchantment ensures that the tree will not miss any messages, and will warp from constant exposure to a powerful mystical effect, the exact effects of which should be periodically measured by the covenant for appropriateness. Should the tree gain some aspect which makes it no longer suitable for its task, simply remove the device and apply it to a new tree. Care should be taken to ensure that the old tree does not create a security or health hazard to the denizens of the area.

Reassurance For The Nervous Parens
Base: Phantasm of the Talking Head,
CrIm 10 (Voice, Diam, Ind)
+2 Voice -> Arcane Connection, +5 24 uses/day
Total: 25

This necklace is adorned with a chip from a standing stone which is placed within hearing distance of The Patient Sentinel. Thus, an apprentice filled with wanderlust may still periodically reassure his parens that he is unharmed, warmly dressed and well-nourished. And by periodically, I mean once every hour.

Norbert Gunthar doctrinae Verditus, who invented these charms, is rumored to have a more powerful version which self-activates by certain environmental triggers. In defense against charges of scrying, Norbert claimed that his apprentice had never passed her gauntlet to Norbert's satisfaction, and thus was still considering his property under the Code. The prosecution countered that, as he had begun her apprenticeship in 1188 AD, if she was still his apprentice, then he was guilty of completely different crimes. Gunthar replied that while this may be their position, it was not one that could be prosecuted at the current Tribunal. The case is set to reopen at the Rhine's 1227 Tribunal.

IMO? Just set this as a constant enchantment.
Keep the base sun, add 2 uses per day, and an environmental trigger. Total level 29 IIRC.

Yes, that's mechanically better, but then it doesn't warp the tree. Call that a personal preference on the part of the designer. ~wicked grin~

There's no rason it wouldn't - it's still a constant effect for the purposes of the table on p. 168.
If devices warp themselves, this will warp as surely as the one with the D: Moon.
If it's because you want to reach magnitude 6, remember that magnitude round up - mag 6 starts at 26.
Or you can add an extra +1 for size.

All this being said, this thread is intended for spells and effect that have already been discussed in seperate threads - finshed results so to speak.
Not that anyone appears to be able to use them for this. :-/

The Road Less Traveled

L30 Re Co Road magic
Range: Touch (Road) Target: Individual Duration: instantaneous

The person touched is transported to a point on the road as defined by the caster. The caster must have traveled this road to be able to cast this spell.

Level was defined by looking at the difference between arcane connection and road range. It's a good way to travel long distances without arcane connections or way too many rolls.

Spell: Bounty of the Olive Tree (CrAq 10)
R:Touch, D:Moon, T:Ind, Req: Herbam

This spell fills a barrel (or some other container) with pure olive oil, which can be used in oil lamps. It could also be used for cooking, but this may cause Warping if done repeatedly over a long period of time.

(Base 2, +1 Touch, +3 Moon, requisite has no effect on level)

Easily enchanted into an item to provide plentiful fuel for the covenant's lamps:

Item: Barrel of Plentiful Oil
CrAq 10, Herbam requisite

This barrel is enchanted to fill up with pure olive oil once per day, as per the spell Bounty of the Olive Tree.

(Effect level 10, +0 for 1 use/per day; S&M Bonus: Container, +5 to create or transform within)

I have a Bonisagus Mage who is focused on producing immortality (his contribution to trying to push back the limits of Hermetic Magic). He developed the following item to aid in his research. The item is a ring shaped out of a pure sapphire, giving it 15 pawns of vis to be completely opened. The twin effects on the ring take up 12 of these 15 open enchantment "slots"

The Ring of Lasting Health

Effect 1:
Cheating the Creeping Death (CrCo 54)
R:Touch, D:Sun, T: Ind

The spell continuously resolves a terminal again crisis, meaning the effects of the crisis are held at bay until a ritual can rid you of it magically. Since (I think) this would only resolve one crisis at a time, you would still need that ritual to make it permanent. If you got a second crisis without having ritual healed the first, I think the second would affect you normally.

(Base 35, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, +1 2/uses per day, +3 environmental trigger to make it continuous)

Effect 2:
Cheating the Quick Death (CrCo 54)
R:Touch, D:Sun, T: Ind

The spell continuously heals all wounds, no matter how many you receive. I can't say I think it would keep you alive if you were, say, decapitated, but from normal wounds, you should be safe. Also, since it is not a ritual, if the ring is ever removed, all of the wounds it is holding at bay will hit you at the same time, since, as it says in the book, it is basically suspending the healing process.

(Base 35, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, +1 2/uses per day, +3 environmental trigger to make it continuous)

The Magus is currently working with another Magus to explore how to remove the warping points that comes with wearing this item.

It takes a long time to make one of these, but it's a great way to opulently fund a Coven if you have someone who can hammer out a deal with royalty for one. It takes my character 5 seasons to make one of these, but the one I have sold funded the Coven for more than 10 years.

hat of (knowledge or craft)
basically when you wear this hat you gain the ability or knowledge of your choice(made when the hat is made of course)
what do you think?

I would readily engage in the discussion in another thread, if made.
About 3 years ago ( :smiley: ) this thread was defined only for end products.

wand of a thousand odors!
made of iron covered completly in skunk hide, this item can send out ANY odor desired by the user!
what do you fine people think?

I have two items one of my Character will design. One he has already, one he will soon (+- 16 seasons with experimentation failures occuring ...).

To be clear, my Character is an elementalist (it may explain any issue of absence of Elemental art requisite missing).
I'm translating from french, thus sorry if i forgot to translate something. Italics for comment

The "circular door nobody or almost could open easily" was a roleplay information since the moment I cast the spell for the lab (which is a 10 size lab similar to a bunker with 2 levels, top the lab, bottom the library/living quarters. The stairs goes through a trench to the level 0, and there are stairs to level +1. I didn't want to have the subterranean flaw , even if most of the building is under earth); i decided to build an item on that piece of amusing roleplay .

Using the Covenants supplement rules for enchanted items helping with a specailty in the lab, I propose:

Magical Heating Item:
CrIg19 (Base 2, Range: Touch +1, Target: Room +2, Duration Sun +2, +4 Levels for constant effect) ( +1 Health, +1 Ignem)

Mirror of Contemplation:
Two effects:
InMe 51 base 25, Sight+3, unlimited +10, Penetration +1 which triggers:
CrIm 43 Base 3, Diameter +1, Complexity +6, unlimited +10, triggered +3 - the Mirror)
When the a person gazes upon this large mirror, a metaphorical dreamscape is created based on the viewer's mind to help them solve a problem on their.
Intellego +4, Mentem +5

Box of Quick Growth:
CrAnCoHe55 base 30, Touch +1, Diameter +1, unlimited +10, requisite +1.
This is a large heavily lacquered wooden box, a pace high and 2 paces wide on each side. Any seed or animal egg or baby animal grows to maturity in two minutes. Note that the user must ensure that the animal or plant will not exceed the size of the box or the height of the laboratory. Such a mistake will result in damage to the box or the lab. (Creo +5)

I saw this +Die roll at predo vim effect at the start of the topic.
Does this mean you do a die roll for every kind of effect when using items?
I thought there is no roll when you use a magic item? Or there is a roll but no botch?