Ars Magica: Light of Andorra

I will indeed be a Flambeau, probably a fairly longtime member of Andorra, though not around so long as Marcellus. Octavian's 10 years sounded like a nice round number, so he'll probably have been a resident for about that long.

I think he'll be of a school of Sebastian, and probably a fairly uncommon one. Exactly which, I'm still turning that over. I'm visualizing a planner, tactician, warrior, with a bit of prankster thrown in as well.

No particular compunctions about killing enemies, and not above a little cheating ("sound tactical thinking") if it wins the day against the big bads. High sense of honor, low sense of obedience to rules, and consequently, no love for the quaesitors either. :smiling_imp:

Wow!

I don't check the boards for two days and look what shows up! An adventuring saga, huh? And maybe still open?

Character choices, choices....

• He was a naive Ex Misc until he was set up to kill the Criamon primus...

• She's a princess! Beautiful beyond measure, missing for forty years, the object of knightly quests throughout the realm, the rightful heir to the kingdom of whatever, known through some mystic means still to be alive--yet she prefers the life of an adventurous maga and has no intention ever to return or reveal a secret known only to her and her parens....

• Um, scratch that. I think she's going to be a princess. :>

Anyway,

Ken

Ken K! All my old Berklist buddies are showing up! Heck, I don't mind getting a little crowded, and there are plenty of resources. Welcome!

Xavi, I also often make the mistake of stereotyping all female characters with Small Frame and a Presence of +2 or +3. Men can bbe small framed too. My buddy Scott is small and wiery, and a kung-fu teacher. Small, fast, precise, it works wonderfully.

Our Forum is opened! Let us migrate over there :smiley:

No stereotyping. I just started to see an expression (a dangerous one, that gladly I have only seen once directed at me in 4 years) that I know and that means something akin to "you want problems? Are you SURE you want them? You are aware you ARE gonna beat the dust, right?". I saw the in the face of the petite magus

I fail to see that face in anything but on my GFs face :laughing: Dangerous. No need for the maga to be a total beauty (she is likely not to be in this case, but have a fair leadership value), just a dangerous and respectful being. Think about a cobra. A proper cobra is femenine in my mind xD

Xavi

Not playng a verdi, as much as it would have been familiar territory (though neater without casting tools requisite). Looks like Im playing my Ex Misc. pagan Earth Warden/serpent mage designed originally for the Bardaigh Tur saga that never got off the ground.

All pending final approvals and serious post gauntlet upgrade for this saga.

He WILL however probably still be viewed in his own way as a space case by some of the more haughty hermetic types. :wink:

Stereotypes aren't always bad. Sometimes they're even good. I think that sometimes I err on the side of avoiding stereotypes, yet in a format like a PBeM, a stereotype provides a great foundation for launching a character.

This time, I think I might go for the big Disney stereotype with Buttercup, or Ariel... :wink:

Anyway,

Ken

Alas, I'll be traveling over the next two days and won't be available to post much. I'll put something a little more crunchy in our forum soon. :slight_smile:

This being my first PbP on this forum... how does one go about requesting access to the specific forum? I tried sending an e-mail to forum@atlas-games.com but I'm uncertain if its just an automated mailbox or not.

IIRC, go to usergroups, and apply for membership.
I'm not sure, though.

Yes, click on "Usergroups" at the top of this page, and then apply to join the "Play by Post Players" Usergroup (which you do by clicking the "Information" button, for some reason).

Scott

This is my first post ever on this forum, so I hope I won't screw it up.
Hi, I've been wondering if the saga is still open for joining as a player?
I do have quite some RP experience (from Rolemaster, Paranoia, Cyberpunk, to Ars Magica), but I am totally new to online mail gaming, but I definitely would like to try if there still is a chance.

Andreas

We are kinda full right now, but keep an eye open and if a spot clears, jut ask for it :slight_smile:

bah!

i changed my mind. Room for one more, but then the door is closed!

:laughing: Yabalabaluboo! :exclamation: :exclamation:

OK I think I've managed to join somehow so I can help out Marko with things from time to time. Fingers crossed the joinup works.

See you on the main forum.

Lachie

I was wondering if I could join your Saga with a Verditius character of mine, if all slots were closed, please let me know

Best regards
Marco

I am once again seeking to recruit new blood for my Andorra saga. I had a few people drop out due to personal issues. It is a large game with multiple storylines, higher fantasy level than some are used to but not on a Legendary scale. I am looking for two or three new players to join the troupe (bring us back up to 9). I do have a preference for well designed Flambeau magi, but all Houses are welcome.

:smiley:

Hiya, I've not played by post before (yet) but I would be interested in giving it a try. Shall I post a magus character here or somewhere else for your consideration?

Angado wizard of Cymril of the Seven Kingdoms

send me ideas via PM, and we will present it to the troupe :smiley:

Is there room for one more?