At the covenant

Frederick walks slowly to the kitchen to take a look at the commotion.

=>
[color=red]Any discrete enough place will suffice, this should take long. Just make sure no one sees her.

To the other magi
[color=red]I think we should discuss the proper course of action about this. We have little time to act before this "evil man" notices something is odd

To Hedwig:
[color=red]
I'm inclined to believe what you said Hedwig. Nevertheless, you will understand that we need to be cautios.
There's two more things I need to know:
What have you already given to that man?
And where exactly did he want to meet you?

[...]

[color=red]Good to know. We'll talk later this evening.
Be assured that the man will not threaten you or your brother again.

Hans, please take good care of her.

Waits until Hedwig and Hans are outside...
[color=red]

Well, he waits for a couple of arcane connections to be delivered.

If you disguise yourself a little you could pass as Hedwig.
I could help with "disguise of the new visage" or some spontaneous Muto Imaginem. :wink:

After that we put a couple of clothes into a basket. I'll change into an adder and hide in those clothes. You hand over the basket.
I'll bite him as soon as he put his hand in it.
This should distract him a little... :smiling_imp:

Then we teach him a lesson, take a few arcane connections ourselves, and let him go to tell the tale.

Simple and effective if you ask me.
Ready when you are. :slight_smile:

[color=red]I was supposed to meet the man down the roads in the forest, at a crossroad. Hedwig replies. [color=blue]The place is a few kilometres (for lack of better distance measure) down the road outside both the covenant and the covenants surrounding settlement.

[color=red]I have only given that piece of underwear from Frederick and where supposed to give him strange items from the magi if I got the chance. Other than that I was told to listen and see and tell him. Hedwig looks a bit embarrassed as she mention her orders but her face is still fearful.

Once the girl is gone, of course, and in reply to yannick:
[color=red]Good plan, I'll go with it. However, we should be cautious. I do not trust this girl. Be it from your investigations of mine, she was among the people that attacked us before.
I think she probably lied to us, at least in part, and that this may be a trap. Thus, we should be cautious, and have a party of grogs nearby to help if need be.
Nonetheless, it's better to act as if we believe her, take her for a fool, spy on her and feed her false information

A little bit of time passes as the magi prepare for the ambush of the so called evil man to commence. A small troupe of skilled hunters, rough cut men with great skill and an ample dispossession for the dark deeds of the night are gathered. The party consisting of Yannic and Ardath and five huntsmen set of into the darkness of the Pomeranian forest. As the green canopy closes above the magi and their companions the creeping and chilling fear of the forest seems to affect all, each and every one of the men seems a little bit more frightened and looking at the shadows for any signs of danger.

As the party approaches the location where Hedwig claimed that she would have men the evil man there is a moonlit crossroad with some freshly dug ground. No one knows what horrors that the dark soil contains and no one wishes to know, ignorance is sometimes bliss. From the forest the braying of beast can be heard, nothing to be alarmed by but to those unfamiliar to the sounds of the forest the thoughts of the beast lurking in the dark can be quite unsettling.

At a sudden moment an howl from a wolf can be heard and from the sound in is a large wolf that roars out his dominion of the adjacent lands. The call of the alpha male is answered by countless number of wolves that howl into the night. No one can resist to think, is it mere mundane wolves or something far more sinister and have they caught our scent?

The time goes by and each of the would be ambushers begin to feel the mind numbing cold that fills the night and thoughts of a warm hearth seems like a distant memory from a place sadly left in the past where no one ever will return.

Time goes by and the wait begins to be unbearable to the weaker minds…

At the covenant Frederick is enjoying the luxury of his latest letter from his old friend and fellow scholar Petrus Virilus both men of great learning and interested in the same area of research. The warm fire in front of Frederick warms his aching bones and with a harsh bang on his chamber door his tranquillity is disturbed. From outside of the door Frederick hears one of the servants yell that the fire is loose in one of the servants quarter.

In the forest one of the huntsmen notices the light of the flames that lit up the sky, soon after that one else can ignore that where is a fire burning back at the covenant. One doesn’t need to be a mind reader to know that the huntsmen fear to their near and dear but their minds is set upon the task at hand.

The wait, the baying of beasts and the fear for the loved ones lives are straining the minds of the men even further…

Once Frederick has taken his time to get out of his chambers and down to the servants quarters outside of the garden he uses what magic he can to aid the men who are fighting the flames. From the area where Hans kept Hedwig, Hans emerge seemingly having trouble to stand upright. He runs as fast as he can towards Frederick as he recognises him as one of his masters. The giant brute of a man falls to his knees in front of Frederick and blurt out that the young lass is missing. He tells that he had take the young woman into a room and sat down with her and they had quite a pleasant time. She laughed at his jokes and where kind to him. Then she touched him and he lost consciousness. When he woke up the room where still locked from the inside and she was gone.

[color=blue]

In the forest the darkness slowly turns into morning light and the wait seems to have been in vain, where the ambush spotted or the tale of the meeting a simple but convincing lie? The party hurries home to gather information about their fellow covenfolk and loved ones.

As the party approaches the covenant the flames have been contained, only one of the covenfolk’s houses has been burnt to the ground. When the magi join forces again they learn about the escape of Hedwig and about the mysterious events that took place during the night.

[color=blue]<Any attempts to target Hedwig with magic seems to fail, either she is non existent or protected by some magic resistance>

When the party that went on the book journey comes back to the covenant they are updated with some information about the events that has unfolded during their absence and the magi who stayed behind learn about the covenants that where visited.

[color=blue]<This marks the end of chapter one, sorry if some of you thought that it where somewhat sudden but I need to save some of the drama for later… Until chapter two starts there will be two free seasons to study or do what ever you wish. Send a PM with your activities and an updated character sheet to me, edit the one in the character sheet forum once you get a clear sign from me. I post the available books in the covenant section of the forum. There should be something interesting for everyone, I hope. >

I knew she was la lying, sticking bitch :laughing:

To Hans:

[color=red]Stern Face This is not good. You should have been more prudent and stayed away of the bitch. But then, we didn't warn you enough and didn't increase the security, so we share the blame. Let's keep this lesson to heart, and speak of it no more. Next time, we'll nail her

And let's keep the AC precautionously. Who knows? It may yet serve.

Keep WHAT? :question:

On returning to the covenant

[color=red]I see things did not go so well while I was away. Unfortunate but you did not have a professional to deal with these problems so the outcome is not suprising

[color=red]Good. That way, next time, we'll maybe have the pleasure of seeing you in action instead of just critisising your sodales

AC= Arcane Connection. We took some blood from the bitch

[color=red]No Offense was intended my Dear, I am sure that you did your best given your house's lasck of focus. If you still have blood that is a valid arcane connection give it to me and I will fix it as a connection

Mariella seems somewhat puzzled by your taking offense at her statment of facts :slight_smile:

[color=red]Apologies accepted, just take care next time. As per the AC, we sadly have a slight problem: No more vis :wink:

[color=red]I know, thats why you should give it to me . I don't need vis for this . Professional training

Mariella Smiles

Fredericks frown changes in a interested smile

[color=red]Professionnal training? I'm curious about this.
Anyway, it'll be a pleasure to nail the bitch someday.

Mariella takes the sample of blood back to her laboratory and when she is next seen has a crude lead statuette attached to her belt.

OCC
Mariella will make use of the leadworking talant to fix the connection for future use and vengeance

OOC: Had forgotten about this :wink: Once we've improved our penetration, we'll be able to nail her through some wizard communion'ed magical bombing :wink: :laughing:

OOC I plan to develop an AC Range attack spell anyway so she will serve as a test subject

Gotta love these spells :wink: