Betweentimes at Bentalone

Ah right, fair enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, she seems gently gifted to them... not to mention she has the Greater Benediction "Universally liked" so since they have no MR and have known her for more than a month it ends up being a total of +3 to social rolls for her with them.

Plus she's a cool lady with green hair :smiley: They probably follow her around quite a bit.

1 Like

And a bird who makes all kinds of cool noises.

Does Jerome have or can procure instantaneous travel?

If not, he could request Mireilla the Parfumier's services. At the end of Summer she is in Toulouse, which is nearby, relatively, and she can travel from a Toulouse Urban regio to Paris, instantly, and take others with her. If it is a short adventure, her Workshop in Avignon will not suffer. She is of use in the city, socially.

(Mireilla is interested in being in Jerome's good graces).

*edited: Jerome is already in Toulouse during the Summer, right?

No, Jerome was there in Spring. But he has been considering the journey since Winter, so there will have been time to bring it up tentatively. If Mireilla has suggested it, he will seek her out when it is time.

She is in Toulouse in Spring and Summer, then on to Avignon for Fall and Winter. She can certainly spare a few days here and there.

I am not sure if this is going to be a short meeting or a season in Paris. I reckon they have met socially in Spring, and Jerome has mentioned that he considers a journey, but he has to arrange it by correspondence, and that takes the Summer, I think. If she has told him about the possibility of swift travel, he can return towards the end of Summer, and they go together.

Jerome is prepared to spend the Autumn in Paris, but he might also return quickly, depending on how the first meeting goes.

No, rubbish. Toulouse is amost as far away as Paris, and Avignon is not particularly close either.

She can certainly have mentioned something of her abilities. Although Jerome seems so self-absorbed that he might not be willing to divulge anything! :grinning: Avignon is much closer to Bentalone than Paris is. They can depart Toulouse for Paris, she leaves him there after a few days, arrange a time to meet later at the end of Winter or so (she knows Paris well), she travels back to Avignon, at the end of Winter she picks him up in Paris, and then he can make his way from Avignon to Bentalone, which is shorter.

Woah. Toulouse duchy was huge.

edit: it is way smaller in my mind.

Jerome is not that self-absorbed, but we have not played the situations where he would appear otherwise.

If we do what we suggest, we have to backtrack; I have hitherto played on the assumption that Jerome did a season of study at Toulouse, and sent the request to Paris as he was returning to Bentalone to study other things, only to receive a reply later in Summer.

If @silveroak has a story to run in Paris, and you want to join, I think we should retcon, but that's an SG decision. We could then assume that Jerome found the key answers in the library early in Spring, and arranged the invitation to Paris before he left Toulouse. Then they could leave for Paris at the start of Summer.

Oh, for sure, I thought it was going to develop into an adventure, but if it's not needed, then scratch that.

I think it very probably will, but I don't know, I am waiting for @silveroak.

He spent a full season at Touslouse, and the final message would have had roughly a one month to getting a response, not an entire season. I would also suggest against piling magi into adventures simply because they are there- I realize everyone wants to play their magi but if it makes more sense for the magus to spend the season in the lab or library then you should take a grog or companion...

Isn't the Perfumier a companion? She's the one with the Regio Network, right?

yes- that would make a great deal of sense...

Leaf proposes to his sodales that they purchase through the Redcap network the following, as available:
*Magic Theory Summa L6Q12 or better
*Organization Lore: Order of Hermes Lore L3QX or better
*Magic Lote Summa L5Q12 or better
*Concentration Summa L5QX or better
*Art of Memory Summa L5QX or better
*Latin Summa L6Q12 or better
*Teaching Summa L6QX or better
Whatever Summa we can obtain thatā€™s better than the ones we have
*Rego
*Muto
*Perdo
*Ignem
*Vim
Lab Text for The Tireless Servant.

Please, everybody, add others that you feel would be desirable.

Leaf himself will install several of the Free Lab Virtues, hopefully they are available by 1199. What available size are the Labs?
*Superior Equipment
*Superior Construction
*Servant (Are there servants available for this, someone with Int 1 at least?)
*Person
*Superior Tools
Is this feasible?

@silveroak, Leaf will write to his Parens at Jardin, and to Leonarda of Criamon in Miniata Sophia, seeking sources of study and contacts in the House for future Initiation into the Path of The Body, books/teachers of House Lore, Enigmatic Wisdom, and into the Imbued with the Form of Mentem Virtue.

*edited

That sounds expensive. Are you sure we can afford it?

But yes, Jerome supports extending the library. Spending Ā£40 on mundane books and 100p on Hermetic ones does not sound excessive if we have a plan which will serve us for a decade or more.

Jerome would prioritise Ignem (preferably a sound primer), Rego (high level), Magic Lore, and Area Lore: Provence

superior construction would require rebuilding the lab.
superior equipment and tools would require effort on the part of a merchant to locate such supplies.
servant and person can be located with relative ease, requiring primarily that canidates be recruited and interviewed.

Rewritten list, taking into account the new Redcap list:

Arcane Lores
ā€¢Infernal Lore Level:3 Quality:17 (BP:26)
ā€¢Dominion Lore Level:4 Quality:16 (BP:28)
ā€¢magic theory Level:4 Quality:14 (BP:26) - not great, but it is better than what we have!
ā€¢Magic Lore Level:5 Quality:13 (BP:28) - requested
Arts
ā€¢Ignem Level:14 Quality:14 (BP:28) - requested
ā€¢Intelligo Level:15 Quality:16 (BP:31)
ā€¢Vim Level:14 Quality:17 (BP:31)

Not sure how much this costs. What do the others say?

Highest Rego offered is 15/15, no AL: Provence

(There was no OOH Lore offered.)