building the covenant

The real advantage of a Craft 6 glassblower would be to get the Superior Equipment virtue for labs without increasing upkeep. That nets everyone some nice bonuses. The dash of cost savings is a nice bonus.

Okay, the math definitely tracks on that - maintaining that high of skill in our glassblowers over a century will be interesting... though with extra labor points we can easily upgrade the workshop to help after the initial craftsman demise...

remembers things from city & gild

OK, the two things you can pass down are a workshop (bonus of up to +6 if enough labour points sunk into it, but a +2 or +3 should be easily achievable from a moderate craftsman, and then built up over the next generation so we have a perfect workshop by 1220) and a craftsman manual (C&G page 73) - you can create a manual with a score of one-third your Craft ability, rounded up. You can't benefit from a manual you wrote yourself, but someone with an ability of 6 can create a +2 manual, so even if his apprentice only has an ability of 4 they can still make the fine glassware needed to keep the labs up. Now, we would need to teach our would-be manual readers and writers Artes Liberales - but the covenant will have an instructor on the payroll to teach the apprentices Latin and Artes Liberales! We just need one spare season to teach our crafters some literacy, and maybe allow a few of the turb to read written instructions from the magi.

Hmm, didn't realise a bunch of my suggestions were already on the wiki, ah well.

In any case so we need an additional source of Rego, Terram, your corpus suggestion would give us all of the corpus vis we need, feel free to develop the creo source you have in mind, and for intellego with can either go with the tree of truth or the suggestion you've come up with as we only need 4 pawns.

For Rego I believe I suggested something to do with tides, which would make sense as a coastal town. I'm not completely sure of the justification yet but tides fit well with the concept of Rego

For TerramI don't really have any ideas.

Have we talked about the faerie regio onsite? What do we know about it? What has been explored and what avenues still need exploration? (This could impact the decisions about vis sources.)

Also the boons and hooks seem unbalanced. Where do we stand on discussions about these?

The boons and hooks look balanced to me, not sure what you're referring to to be honest.

They were balanced, the we started "paying" for our vis in terms of social consequences, which means that there are now additional hooks, which I brought up a few pages back...

Three more things craftsmen can leave- if literate summae and tractatus in their craft, and depending on the craft- artwork. If they spend time creating a work of art it has an Artistic quality, and may be studied for 1/2 the AQ as a SQ per season by someone who already has some points in that ability. Artes and Acadame does not indicate whether the same artwork may be studied more than once by the same artist. Artisitic works must be commissioned, but the cost is based on the artist's reputation, not ability, so generally covenfolk will not be expensive. (technically every work by an illuminator is a piece of artwork "commissioned" through their standard employment cost...)

Yep, they are balanced. Not sure what I was looking at ... :blush:
Still wondering if we need to discuss the regio ...

It was only balanced because the 2 minor hooks associated with vis gathering hadn't been added yet- we still need more boons to balance that...

Well we already included the cost of a ballista so may as well take the artillery boon, along with that maybe a third aura minor boon?

You don't want a third minor aura boon because that will warp all the covenfolk. Not good.

I though it was above 3 that they started suffering warpimg

p167 of the ArM5 core rules state you get warping from aura of 6+. Basic covenant aura is 3, modified by boons and hooks. Each minor one boosts the entire aura by 1, so 2 minor ones takes to 5 - maximum safe. Going to 6 gives all the covenfolk one warping point a year, leading to flaws over time.

Okay, where did the Infamous hook come from? I know we have Rivals for our vis sources ...

If we need boons to balance the new hooks, may I suggest the following options?
Healthy Feature: The breezes from the sea help wash away contagion
Vivid Environment: The coast combined with the Roman ruins provide a beautiful locale
Artillery: At some point we had discussed ballistae on the battlements
Loyal Covenfolk or Strong Community: This has turned out to be a good place to work and live for those who remain

I think Healthy Feature, Artillery, and Loyal Covenfolk are my three favorites. If I had to pick only two, I would probably go with Healthy Feature and Artillery.

Filling in some book titles:

Muto: Transforming Plato: Mutations on the Perfect Forms
Aquam: The Flow of Fluids
Auram: The Veil of Storms and Other Weather Phenomena
Mentem: The Willfulness of Memory

Artes Liberales: Logical Arguments and Associated Grammar
Code of Hermes: Trianoma's Legacy
Medicine: Aesculapius' Vision

Healthy feature is my favourite if we have boons left to spend.
(It is possible to stack up to 3 healthy features, if we have a sea-breeze, a beautifully clear spring and some other feature...depends on how badly you want grogs or magi with poor longevity rituals to stay alive)
Whether to choose artillery or loyal covenfolk depends on whether we think we can subtly magic our way past military threats or covenant loyalty problems more easily. I'd lean towards Loyal Covenfolk myself.

Healthy features always are a good choice. Plus I think they increase loyalty indirectly.

If you don't have the artillery boon then you won't have the ballista in your armaments- which isn't a problem I can remove it easily from the calculations.
As things currently sit with regards to loyalty, the covenant has a net 19 loyalty points (score:2). Choosing healthy feature will boost this by 10 points, equipping the shield grogs with swords will boost this by 10 points, and choosing the loyal covenfolk virtue will boost it by 30. Choosing the first two options (longswords and healthy environment) will boost loyalty to 3(9), choosing all 3 and forgoing artillery pieces will boost loyalty to 4(9). These calculations are based on Jullien and Etienne as they currently stand, though both are needing adjustment...

We should keep the artillery, and just take healthy feature. Equiping the covenfolk as you suggested is also a good idea.

We also haven't finalised any of the vis soruces from the looks of the wiki.

So with that all of the hooks would be finished, all of the books have titles and we just need to do the vis sources, any non-standard labs we want with our points which with the 300 points I said is 2 majors and a minor, 1 major and 3 minors or 5 minor virtues. Which we can probably just abstract as your choice of superiorheating/lighting and your choice of Great expansion and feature for your lab.

Also I think I mentioned 250 levels of enchantments of which I listed the possibilities a few pages back, basically the table, the chest and the healing thingo, there were also a few others and I'll probably edit this later to include them

So if we take those, which I think we should, it would be 175 levels of enchantments, of our 250 which we can just discard or someone can come up with a cool enchantment idea.

I do not have magi of Hermes, so if these items are to be included I would want to see the calculation of levels.