Cast and Directory commentary

I'm confused. :slight_smile: Who is in section44? Officers Ma, Moore, Walker and Inspector Huang for sure. Is there a 5th - Chris Small? Or 'Ming' in the garage?

The other two major members of Section 44 are Nic Bennet, the Karate Wizard, who is currently on leave, and Ni Ming Shi (or "Ming" as we like to call her), the somewhat wacky and loose-cannonish techie with a boomstick. As Ming is currently in the garage (and as her player hasn't signed up for a second run this game), she won't be joining us on this case. Have no idea about anyone named Chris Small.

Check out the character sheets section of the forum:

"Now for MasterAir's character

Chris Small
Chris Small is a one-time small-time crook who turned informant a couple of years ago as his long-term prospects seem healthier that way. He still has connections in HK's criminal underworld, but he knows which side his bread is buttered and hasn't let the police down yet. He'd be in a whole bucket of trouble if his associates found out he was passing information. He's scruffy and rather scrawny, but he can put up a good fight if cornered."

I made some tweaks to Soo-lin based on Chris being part of the team. If he's not part of the team, I'd like to remove 4 points of skill from Soo-lin's secret Info skill and put it onto Intrusion. I eased down on the intrusion so as to not tread on Chris' toes - I didn't want to have two shneakers in the team! :smiley:

Of course I don't mind if this change is not appropriate, it doesn't really matter. :slight_smile:

Sam

Chris Small is player #5, not part of Section 44 but a police informant.

While not an officer, I intend for him to be 'part of the team' soon enough.

Um, Nam...sorry to nitpick, but the Remington 870 Police is a twelve-gauge, not an eight-gauge. Eight-gauge would be too much gun for Huang, let alone a medic like Walker.

never let the facts get in the way of a good story, I'd like a street howizter. I'm not aware of stats for one, so picked this puppy up, for game reasons. I like to think of it as a specially modified version. . . or a one off trial model. . . or anything that justifies a street howitzer.

In 'real' terms I've got less strength than Walker and I can use a 12 gauge without bother, so I'm guessing he'd be fine with a howitzer.

I'm enjoying this. I like officers Moore, Walker and Huang and I want to see much more of them - I like their quirks and personalities.

Good stuff, thanks Queex!

Hey all,

I'm off on holiday for about a fortnight so my posting will be infrequent if at all. Hopefully everything will tide over fine without me.

See you all in a couple of weeks so to speak...

If Shadowmourne doesn't mind, I may take the reins temporarily for Debbie if it's necessary.

Queex - for future reference, if I am ever out of the system for a week or three due to holidays and so on, you will be welcome to run Dr Walker to maintain continuity.

Regards

Nam

Feel free to run Soo-lin in similar circumsstances.

What happens next? It seems like everyone has implied what they're wanting to do, and I was expecting Queex would write to say that we're at the scene, investigating the car, interrogating the perp and looking good. Do we change scenes ourselves?

. . . are we allowed to say e.g. 'We all pile into the squad car and start to head towards the scene of the crime. . . Dr Walker goes pink when Soo-lin squadges up next to him in the back of the car. . ." or somesuch, to move us to the next scene?

Shadowmourne does not mind at all - I sent you a message with guidelines as to Debbie's actions for that precise purpose.

I wasn't sure how firm a grip you wanted me to have on her- although you've done a good enough job outlining her so far that I don't feel like I'll risk playing against your conception of her if I have to do so.

I wanted to make very sure I didn't end this scene prematurely- the first couple of scenes I need to get feel for how long you want the scenes to run. By all means put yourself in the back of the car, or leave the room or whatever if you've had enough of a scene, although putting their characters there is discouraged in case they want to do something else before the scene ends.

Of course, you could always post in this thread with 'I've had enough of this scene now' and I'll whisk you all away like the Scene Fairy. I think everyone has got what they want out of that scene so I'll start the next one now.

Anyone else gonna post?

Yeah. Not to nag, but POST, YOU DOGS!

Queex - if we describe using a skill (I'm about to do some CSI stuff) should we just describe the action and aim, and wait for you to describe the outcome. I assume if there is any dice rolling in the background it is done by you. . .. or, can we assume an outcome, and if we're wrong you'll edit the post to reflect what really happens?

Regards

Nam

For non-combat checks I'm happy for you to describe your intent and post what your Action Result is and I'll describe what happens.

I want to try to avoid editing unless it's absouteyl necessary because it can only lead to confusion.