Cast and Directory commentary

OK, my main thrust is determining the identity of the joyrider first before determining where the hell he's gone. While Huang is good at sniffing out evidence and the like, he's not too good at the advanced stuff like criminal profiling, and so he has to rely on other stuff to determine what the hell a perp's next move is going to be (hence the rather low Police AV).

As for the Police roll, we've got: (+5 -3), which gives us an AR of 10. Not half bad, though he's not going to beat a top-notch CSI on his best day.

Dr Walkers results are:

Forensics 15 (+5,-3) = 17
Police 12 (+3,-2) = 13

Soo-lin is trying to a.) get a feel for the factory and b.) cause a distraction for Chris Small.

My deceit action roll was a (+1/-8) for a total of 7.

Eek.

Ouch. Negatives suck big time, though at least you didn't get a Way Awful Failure. That would have wrenched things up real fast-like.

That said, we appear to be heading off in two different directions in terms of game plan, which is not too conducive to cohesion of an investigation. I was in the middle of trying to follow our latest lead, which was the hole in the fence that Debbie found and where our perp likely ran off through with whatever or whoever he's taken.

If no-one minds, I'll shift the infiltration into the next scene. Huang and Debbie can appear in that later to avoid a dodgy chronology. It just means those of you heading in might have to wait while the alleyway scene wraps up.

Sounds like a plan, sorry if I split the groups efforts at all...

Police Roll for Huang: AV 8, roll +5, -2 for an Action Result of 11.

Probably not going to be enough for a named character-level perp with Deceit out the wazoo, but if we're just defaulting on the guy's Charisma, we should be able to get at least a good lead out of this.

Debbie didn't do any better than Huang - 11 +1 -1 for a grand total of 11 on her police roll as well.

I like the dialogue between Huang and Debbie! :slight_smile:

Do Chris and Soo-lin wait quietly until the scene moves on? Or do we join in this scene, ignoring the text about going into the 24/7 building?

Thanks I'm enjoying it too. Hopefully it's coming across that Debbie is kinda just a kid still. Very excitable and trying to find her feet.

Part of me is looking forward to flipping that when we get to something where Debbie is more in her element and showing that she's not simply an airhead.

Let the fun roll on.

Yeah. Also gives me the opportunity to play up the grizzled veteran to Debbie's rookie. I modeled Ken Huang after the gold-hearted cynic persona of Chow Yun-Fat -- this is a guy who knows what an utter shithole this world is and how good people often get a raw deal, but that doesn't stop him from giving a damn and doing the right thing. Because in his view, somebody's got to.

Come on Queex! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Seems to have ground to a halt somewhat...

is everyone on holiday?

Just returned from a week away. Don't think Dr Walker has a lot to add until either something else arises or he has a chance to look at the samples he's taken in a lab. . . unless Queex indicates I've picked up any other pointers at the crime scene.

Nothing from the mighty Queex in 3 weeks. I hope he's OK.

I'm fairly sure he still exists. I'll poke him when I see him, probably on wednesday.

I don't think there is anything else we could be doing without instruction.

[color=darkblue]Hey, dudes, I know I'm not involved, but what's the deal? I've been following the session, and nothing's been posted for weeks? Are you guys still playing? Just curious.

• Nic Bennet, in a e-mail from a poolside bar somewhere tropical

We've reached a slight impasse. We (the player things) feel we need some GM input to move on, whilst dear Queex has not poked his nose in in a while...

Hopefully the game will continue soon. I was really getting into it...

Sorry- I have been most remiss. I had an excuse initially, but that has long since lapsed. I'll open up another scene tomorrow and hopefully we can get things going again.

Great - ready to get going once more!