Chapter 1: Reunited

That's a simple coup the grace (spell description says "immobilized"). You can simply stick the knife in the Runt's neck right away (and I assume you do).

QQ = Dead wolf
Init Order Alpha 16 Beta 14 Gamma 14 Delta 13, Hildegarde 10, A 10, C 10, Runt 8, Eduardo 7, B 7, Andreas 7, Adele 6, Menantia 6, Animus 1
Wonds: WA held, WB -1 and -5 and -1, B-1, Runt=dogmeat, alpha entangled, WC (-1wound) busy for a round (find new attack angle), WD busy for a round (find new attack angle)

A (attacks WB): 12+9 =21 def 10-1+2 = 11 Attack advantage 21-11=10 + 6 damage -7 soak = +9 (-5 wound, size is -1)
B (attacks WB): 12-1+ 4 = +15 def 10+6 -6 def 10 attack advantage 5 +6 damage -7 soak = +4 (-1 wound)
C (Attacks WC): 12+ 5 = 17 def 10+3=13 attack advantage 4 +6 damage -7 soak = 3 (-1 wound)

Animus spell will blow away both wolves(WC/WD) - unless Eduardo does something to stop that. Eduardo still has his action for round 2 (which can be trench warfare).

.......................................................xxxx
.....................................................xxWAxx
......................................................xxxxx

...........................................................WB
..........................................................A..B
......................................Ta.........Me
...xxxxx
xxAdQQxx.........................Hi.........An
..xxxxx
....................................Ed.....As

..............................C..............................
...........................WC.WD

ic: Hildegarde traps the alpha wolf in another tangle of greenery. Tabanus' grogs hack away at the beasts, all bloodying their blades - the beta wolf even loses a leg, but doesn't give up yet. Adele feels the hot wolf blood squirting into her face as she sticks her knife into the Runt's neck. Some magi take a defensive stance.

Hildegarde looks around and sees that Animus prepares to cast a spell towards the 2 packed wolves. (1d10+4=8 + 1 spe = 9) Now less thrilled than before, when the raging wolf was charging her, she realizes that she gave Andreas a stupid command. She points the alpha wolf and says in french "stab this wolf before he escapes Andreas, and make sure you use your second sight just in case"

earth hear the words of your master, quiver with the fear of flambeaus footsteps, cower before the might of my beckon, and consume these fey beasts accept them within your scarred gullet eduardo doent so much as move a finger as he looks to the ground under the wolves (C/D) as it bursts open under them. As simply ordered the earth and it was done [Re-using the original roll]

Cunibert cries out, startled, and hops back a pace, as the ground in front of him opens and the wolves (WC/WD) disappear into a pit that is a pit in a cloud of snow that is as deep as a man who raises a sword into the air.

ooc: And down in the hole they are. The wind spell makes little sense now.

(Not a problem. If he can redirect his spell to be used against WB instead, Animus will do so. If not, he'll let the other finish dealing with the faerie beasts and instead Watch the King and Quenn to be ready if they want to throw another surprise at us.)

(Although the words are impressive, you do realize that saying them would consume more than a round, right? :wink: :laughing: )

(adorable smile one can hope a little flair beats a little mechanics)

(ooc: this is the reason his spell only occurs on second turn :mrgreen: )

With WA entangled, Adele flies behind it like she flew behind the runt, still high enough up that it's unlikely to be able to reach her. Again, she's hoping to swoop in from behind next round if it's truly immobilized.

The King, Queen and the Court watch as you finish off the remaining wolves. When the last wolf drops dead, everyone applauds and a cheer is raised by most of the minor fae. There is an expection in the air that is almost tangible.

ooc: Since there is no way (except for a botch) for any of you to get hurt in this fight, I thought I might jut as well wrap it up.

Animus, although he does not consider himself the best speaker of the group, is the first to speak. Going straight to the point, he calls out to the faerie King and Queen. "We have come seeking Felix of Mercere. Where is he?" This is perhaps a bit blunt, but the young Tremere has very little in the way of finer social skills. Still, despite his rising ire, he refrains from giving out more information than he must, such as the fact that they know Felix is dead, or that someone has impersonated him.

Adele carefully cleans her daggers before sheathing them. She waits while the others do the talking.

Hildegarde asks Andreas to help her skin the alpha wolf using her bronze sword. She then approaches the queen "Here's the welcoming gift you asked for." She hands the pelt to a queen's servant "Indeed, we're searching for Felix of Mercere could you show him to us ?"

The King and Queen frown at Animus' bluntness, but look mollified when they see how elegantly Hildegarde makes a gift of the pelt.

The Queen accepts your gift with a smile and says: "You may keep the other four pelts. Although permit me to see to the wounds of your man."

She flicks her fingers, and a winged fairie, about half a pace tall, dressed in a sparkling white dress, flies from a tree and kneels in front of Hildegarde, presenting her a white cushion with a flawless flask made of pure ice that contains a few drops of a liquid.

ooc: There will be an answer to the Felix question but I don't want to rush through this conversation. After all, how often do you have the chance to talk to a Fairie King/Queen?

Hildegarde is considering her options *Now that we've been forced to "play" the game, why not try to push this option. * "Your gift is greatly appreciated" She grabs the flask, turns to Tabanus and adds "Your men were brave Tabanus" She hands the flask to him in a ceremonial manner leaving him the option to use it on his men or not. She the turns to the queen : "Being somewhat bond to the forests myself. I can truly appreciate the astonishing beauty of this one."

Tabanus looks unhappy about Hildegarde's comment. He takes the vial though, and pases it on to his wounded man. Bechtold smacks his tongue as he drinks it, and his body freezes inside a massive block of ice. The other grogs' faces reveal shock at the scope of the betrayal, when suddenly, the ice cracks and Bechtold emerges - good as new. More than that, there is a sparkle in his eyes that you swear wasn't there before.

The King claps his hands again, and a human-sized sarcophagus made of transparent ice is carried in by a small hairy thing with huge eyes and sharp teeth. Carrying Felix' remains and the ice covering doesn't seem to cost him much effort. Inside the ice, you can see Felix, wrapped in a white shroud to minimize the visual impact of his wounds, which is not entirely successful - more than one animal seem to have taken a bite out of him.

As the grogs take the burden, they look at each other in surprise. Andreas speaks up: "What trick is this? I swear, this weighs no more than 10 pounds."

A fairy chester dances around the sarcophagus and hits Andreas on the head with an inflated pig's bladder.

"Cold is the ice,
light and nice.
It's wisely chosen
to keep him frozen,
Should the ice melt,
his weight will be felt."

ooc: Pigs' bladders are traditional German chester weapons that do no damage. They are still used in the German carneval ("Saublodere"). Roll any fitting Int+Area Lore = 6+ to know.

Eduardo would sweep in a positively graceful bow to the sovereign pair It is an utmost pleasure to be in the presence and meet both of your Majesties, It is most pleasing of your generosity in ensorcelling our fallen comrade that he may be taken home to be given the final rest of his people. Even more your generosity to be allowed to keep the pelts of the winter wolves you are gracious without compare. His eyes dipped up at the end of the bow overlooking the king, and then taking a much longer time to give the queen a rather charming toe to head scan.

Hildegarde approaches Tabanus and whispers to his hears " Bechtold seems different,keep a watchful eye on him just in case. When we have the opportunity, we should check whether the body trapped in ice is really who he's suppose to be."

Tabanus whispers back (so that - hopefully - just the magi can hear it): "Do you think we can just say thank you and leave?"

Animus has let the others take charge of the niceties with the faerie King and Queen, but it seems to him as if the others are forgetting about the main reason for them being here.

"How come," he pauses as he remembers to add, "your majesties, that the body of poor Felix has come into your care? Do you know how he died, when, and why?"

(I'm sure the others will wince a bit at this, but, well, Animus isn't a court person. So me the player is having him be blunt deliberatedly. No score in Etiquette nor Faerie Lore, after all. :laughing: )

(OOC : I like the way you play your char ^^ so much fun)

Hildegarde was about to answer Tabanus, but Animus's intervention's bluntness dropped her jaw speechless for a moment. She regains composure and whispers to Tabanus as if speaking for herself "I don't think so...".

Turning to the Faeries, trying to mollify them again... "Pardon our direct manners, I'm sure we're all torn by emotions after seeing Felix's body and this led us to forget court etiquette for just a moment. insisting on those last words "But Indeed only knowledge could ease the pain"