Chapter 1: Reunited

ooc: Not sure whom your spell is supposed to target? 6 magi, 5 wolves, 3 grogs = 14 people, all within 2 paces?

ooc : well casting it while the wolves and the grogs are in melee isn't probably the best idea.... May i switch spell ? for wizard's sidestep ?

Safely above the wolves Adele draws her two daggers and tries to float around to a position where she might be able move to strike the smallest one (Runt) from behind. But for the moment she remains well out of reach, waiting for an opportunity to catch the little wolf at least a little off guard or unaware.

@bitter: Sure you can. We are doing this fight mostly to learn how to use the system. By the way, you go before the runt, so his attack may not happen if you manage to make him stop before it's his turn.

Ho, I should have read this more carefully, I was a bit in a hurry when I made my answers. Sorry for making this messy :/.

As I play before my opponent, I'll try to protect myself before he reaches me. As It is a fairy creature, Hildegarde isn't sure Wizard's side step is going to work, she expect them to possess second sight so she tries to stop stop him before it reaches her using her spell. So her vines are passing through the runt and are circling around the magi to protect them at least partially from further attack from the wolves.

The spell penetration is 15 + aura /2 so probably doesn't penetrate, but it still works at least to some extend, the runt must make a check not to be trapped : quickness-encumbrance diff 9: 1D10+2 = [3]+2 = 5

He's trapped so he never reaches me this turn so I don't really need a defense roll and to spend a confidence point.

Adele can probably use this opportunity to attack the runt.

The runt snarls as the creature is trapped displaying its sharp canine teeth.

(What about the other two offensive spells that were cast by Eduardo and Animus?)

ooc: The kids are recovered and I'm writing this with a nice little fever, and a head that feels oddly shaped - in other words I feel like a fairie has wallopped me - just right for this post. I apologize for the delay, but this is our first fight and I hope to use it to streamline others. I am aware that due to my poor storyguiding this fight has started somewhat bumpily.
Eduardo's and - to a degree - your spell are difficult because without initiative, he's likely to create a pit after the wolves (except for the runt) are right next to the grogs. So they are likely to be affected, too. Difficult doesn't mean undoable, but at least will need some kind of map. So if your characters keep doing what you've written, please indiacate the area (and direction) you want to affect.

What we need is a map (Round 1, Init 10):
WolvesA-D+, WolfR, Grogs ABC + As, magi Ad, Me, Hi, An, Ta, Ed. xx green stuff that stopped the Runt. Assume the distance WA-WB is 6 paces. The full stops are needed to keep the computer from automatically reformatting. Further assume that pillar-like trees to climb or duck behind are available if needed.

..............................WA........................WB
..............................A...........................B
....................................Ta.........Me
.xxxxx
xxWR xx.........................Hi.........An
xxxxx
..................................Ed Ad

............................C..............................As
.........................WC.............................WD
[/quote]

If he can, Animus will start his Charge of the Angry Winds right in from of A and B in order to blow WA and WB away from our group and back into the trees. As per the spell's description, if unrestricted the wind can be up to 100 paces wide and can start up to 10 paces away from the caster. Barring any unpredictable movements from either the grogs, Animus should be able to keep them from being blown away as well. If you judge that he can only blow away one of those two wolves, to keep the grogs safe, then he will be satisfied to neutralize one threat.

Animus will keep his concentration on the wind in order to keep those two wolves away from us as long as they remain a threat. If his wind throws them into some of the assembled faeries, or disturb them by throwing them into the trees as well, then so be it.

Ed will aim for wolfc and wolfd

Animus spell raises a wind trying to push away the leadwolf. For a moment it seems as if the wolf could hang on, but then the wind rips him lose and rolls him across the ground in a cloud of snow.
Eduardo's spell fails because he cannot perceive any ground (except for where he is standing), because the ground is covered with snow!

WA

........................................................WB
..............................A...........................B
....................................Ta.........Me
.xxxxx
xxWR xx.........................Hi.........An
xxxxx
..................................Ed Ad

............................C..............................As
.........................WC.............................WD

ooc: wolf A loses next action

OOC : If i'm not mistaken I can cast 2 spells per round : 1 normal and 1 fast cast, let me know if that's not possible. my mastery score cancels some of the additional botch dice.

Seeing the opportunity of a clear line of sight to the most threatening wolf (WA) that lost equilibrium, she fastcasts and multicasts invisible sling of vilano using 3 of the stones present in her leather bag.

casting invisible sling of vilano -10 fast cast +1 stamina +2 mastery +10 rego +5 terram + aura/2: 1D10 = [6] = 6 total is 14+aura/2 so is exceed the level of the spell.
invisible sling of vilano (2 other copies): 1D10 = [4] = 4
1D10 = [10] = 10

botch for 3rd copy of the spell : I assumed 6 just in case (-2 from masteries)
botch for invisible sling of vilano: 1D10 = [9] = 9
1D10 = [5] = 5
1D10 = [4] = 4
1D10 = [7] = 7

finesse roll for aiming are :
perception 1 +finesse 4+1 specialty (aiming spells):
1D10+6 = [10]+6 = [strike]16 or[/strike] 6 [strike]depending on whether this is botch or simple die[/strike]
1D10+6 = [9]+6 = 15
1D10+6 = [5]+6 = 11

As stated by callen there's probably penalties for aiming because of additionnal spells.

I roll botch for 1st aiming roll: botch for aiming: 1D10 = [4] = 4
In case there are addditionnal botch rolls :
potential additional botch roll from aiming roll because of multiple casting: 1D10 = [6] = 6
1D10 = [6] = 6
1D10 = [1] = 1

damage roll for invisible sling of vilano: 1D10+5 = [8]+5 = 13
1D10+5 = [2]+5 = 7
1D10+5 = [5]+5 = 10

[edit : forgot damage roll in case it touches, added botch rolls thanks to callen comment in OOC in case they are needed]

Adele tries to fly around behind the runt while drawing her daggers. She's not moving overly quickly, intent on not dropping a dagger. She also stays well out of the reach of any wolf on the ground. She's trying to get in a good position to attack the runt, hoping it's tangled enough it cannot turn too well to defend against her.

map:
.......................................................WA

...........................................................WB
..........................................................A..B
......................................Ta.........Me
...xxxxx
AdxxWR xx.........................Hi.........An
..xxxxx
....................................Ed.....As

..............................C..............................
...........................WC.WD

Adele flies into the air and hovers above and behind the smallest of the wolves. The lead wolf is hit by two stones, but they don't seem to have any effect on the magnificent beast.
Andreas disengages from his wolf and slowly walks backwards towards Hildegarde's voice. Tabanus shouts: "Attack!" - and his grogs cut into the wolves Asbert and Bechtold going for the Beta wolf and Cunibert stabbing the Gamma wolf. Bechtold manages to slightly cut the wolf with his bronze axe.
The wolves attack again, except for the Runt, who fails to break free from the plants that are holding him and the lead wolf, who circles out of the wind. The Beta Wolf blinded with rage and pain attacks the human who has dealt him the wound, taking an impressive bite out of poor Bechthold's lower leg. Cunibert in the meantime heroically manages to hold off two wolves.

ooC:
Andreas successfully disengages (18 vs 12)
A: 12+2 = 14 Wolf A Defense +10+4=14 No hit.
B: 12+8 = 20 Defense+10+6 Attack avantage 4+6=10 -7 Soak (LIGHT WOUND -1)
C: 12 + 0 (no botch) Defense 10+6=16 no hit

Wolf A: loses action because of wind
Runt: Loses action because of plants
beta: 1 7 -->14+10-1 wound = 23 Defense B 10+6=16 Attack advantage 9 + 6 damage - 8 soak = 7 (MIDDLE WOUND -3)
gamma: 4 -->14 Defense C 10+3 = 13 Attack advantage of 1 + 6 damage -8 soak (No damage)
Delta: 3-->13 Defense D 10+7 attack fails to connect

ooc : Dammit I tough Andreas was "A" and "As" was Asbert... fortunately this is a training. I'm really bad at this :blush:
Isn't there a mistake here ? : beta: 1 7 -->14+10-1 wound = 23 Defense B 10+6=16 Attack advantage 9 + 6 damage - 8 soak = 7 (MIDDLE WOUND -3)
Attack advantage is 23-16=7 so damage is 5 which is light wound isn't it ?

Alright, I try to use Trap the entwining vines on Alpha wolf that stands alone:
+1 stamina +1 mastery +10rego +10herbam: 1D10+22 = [4]+22 = 26 + aura/2 : spell is cast, no fatigue lost
spell penetration is : 26 + 1 penetration +1 speciality Herbam + aura/2 - 15 = 13+ aura /2

Wolf alpha makes a test not to be trapped : Test to avoid being trapped in vines: 1D10+4 = [2]+4 = 6 So it's trapped in vines.
.......................................................xxxx
.....................................................xxWAxx
......................................................xxxxx

...........................................................WB
..........................................................A..B
......................................Ta.........Me
...xxxxx
AdxxWR xx.........................Hi.........An
..xxxxx
....................................Ed.....As

..............................C..............................
...........................WC.WD

ooc: You are right. I miscalculated. The wound is light.

Seeing that Cunibert has been left to fight against two wolves (Perception roll (1d10+5=14)), and that his original target is now immobilized by Hildegarde's vines, Animus drops concentration on his first spell and casts another one towards the other side of the melee. He tries to catch both wolves WC and WD in a second Charge of the Angry Winds to blow them away (Casting roll (1d10+18=26), plus aura/2, so he achieves even better penetration than the first time).

He would have liked to blow them towards the faerie King and Queen, but unfortunately his spell lacks flexibility and can only blow away from him. :mrgreen:

(Umm man my spell is voice based not sight, so long as we are standing actually on earth it should still work if i am not mistaken)

Menatia draws her dagger and is ready to defend herself should she be attacked by any of the wolves. She has Wizard's Sidestep active if it works on these faerie beings.

Adele is going to set herself up for a charging (via flight) attack from behind the runt. As she prepares she spends the round watching to see if it can move about enough to defend from this attack from behind. (No attack this round, just trying to evaluate danger for this maga not built for combat.)