Chapter 17: Light of Renewal

Antonio brushes all other conversations aside...

[color=red]What this covenant needs is an expedition to gain resources. In other words; Adventure and Plunder. But somewhere not local, something far off and exotic. Morocco, the Levant, Ultima Thule, something different and exciting. Something to shake the rust off and sharpen our skills.

If I may be so bold as to interject Archamagus, I have two issues of no small importance that I wish to see resolved. Waiting a moment for Antonio's go ahead Titus continues "First, I have served Andorra well, both in her defense against those who would seek its destruction and with a generous donations of vis to aid the recovery efforts." He gestures to the Drake's head sitting on a nearby table "I have sought no reward for my efforts, only the chance to call Andorra home. It is on these merits that I wish to call a vote pertaining to my status as an applicant to this Covenant."

[color=red]
Indeed. You have my vote. Who else agrees?

"Your dedication and resolve are well-established, Titus. Your martial skill is likewise truly exceptional. And your generosity, Vares smiles somewhat, "would be as worthy of a ballad as your victories. Your Art and your Will make you a great asset, and a most formidable ally."

He lets the well-earned praise sink in before he makes his next statement. "My one and only concern is that the balance we have achieved with certain non-Hermetic parties be preserved. This includes the Sahirs of which Antonio has spoken, and, far more modestly, some local Talents whom I have found to be extremely useful in keeping the Covenant apprised of assorted matters. I ask that, if made a member of Andorra, you show restraint and discretion in dealing with these. You are a great foe of true enemies of the Order. Those who do not pose a threat, and who are of use, I would ask that you tolerate for strategic interests."

Voice level and strong, he says, "If this is so, then you most assuredly have my vote, Titus of Flambeau."

Viola nods vaguely.

Scott

Mark, as I keep reminding you, 1223 is the year just starting. :slight_smile: What year are you referring to, and do we get rations at the beginning or the end? Also, isn't there some rule about the Te and Fo available?

Scott

Actually it's Spring 1225 unless my Math is off, advancement and all that.

It's not your math--it's Mark's posting the wrong year earlier. I keep character sheets for each year, and so it's easy for me to check.

Scott

Titus nods slightly at Vares "Of course, If you vouch for these Hedge Wizards and their usefulness I see no reason to stir up trouble as it were."

OOC: Who exactly is here that hasnt voted yet? Ludo? Anyone else?

What do you expect from a hadcore Flambeau archmagus?
:laughing:
It isn't the first time you have hers him exposit such rhetoric. But you get the feeling it is exactly just that, Rhetoric. Antonio has never encountered a Diedne survivor in his long career.

1222 is when the last adventure ended. Go ahead and push forward to Spring 1225.
Vis is disbursed in the Winter; right after the Casting of th Aegis and during the following Feast of the Winter Solstice.

With Titus promise, Vares is satisifed. "Then, thus far, it is unanimous that you become a member of Andorra, Titus."

Foo, two years to blow. I should enchant something.

Scott

I just checked the covenant description, and if says 3 pawns of Te or 6 pawns Fo. I then went back and checked Viola's character sheets for 1220, 1221, and 1222, and the vis allocations she got for 1220 (1 Te and 4 Fo) and 1221 (3 Te) match the numbers in the covenant description, though perhaps those numbers reflect an average of masters and journeymen. So did I give her too little, or what? And I assume that, if the numbers above are right, they should be halved for Te vis?

Scott

By the way, what exactly happened to reduce the vis supply so drastically?

Scott

Titus glances around "Well it would seem regardless of how the rest of my Sodales choose to cast their sigils that this vote is settled. If for mere formality you wish to wait until all votes are cast Archmagus, I understand. However if that is not the case, there is another matter I wish to bring up."

It is my curse to say one thing then do another :blush:
The quote you cited is correct. You recieve the equivilent of 6 vim. One pawn can be exchanged for any other Form or two pawns for a Technique. Viola had done it right. At half rations, you recieve only 3 Vim which can be exchanged as normal. Viola's vis numbebrs are right. Carmen will be off though, so I will take five pawns of vis away from her stock.

The Supply is just fine. It is our current stock of reserves that are low. A huge amount of vis was spent during the adventures of Burning Bronze and Bitzkrieg II. There was the vis used to make the fake treasure chest, multiple rooks disbursed to magi to use at their discretion, Antonio was lobbing huge quantities at giants, Titus lobbed an even huger quantity to Penetrate the Magic Resistance of the one storm giant and stripp his might down to a managable level, a lot of vis was spent healing injuries and repairing damage to the village, and on top of all that several members of the Andorran Guard reached age 35 and compleated five years of service (the two conditions required to recieve the guarentee of a level 30 longevity potion).

I am going to set up a poll :smiley:

Well, I was, but I don't seem to have that option (or I can't figure it out).

I shall rule that, if people are not paying attention, then their vote is an abstention.
Who is left to vote?
I get a vote. Though I control multiple characters, I only vote once.
Vares and Viola voted yes.
That only leaves Octavian and Vortigern I suppose. Even if they vote against you the vote would still be 3-2, so I guess that pretty much puts you in.

OOC: Haha! Well I'm fairly certain I know how Ludo is going to vote. Titus totally did not bribe him with the skull of that Storm Giant who attacked :wink: To the best of my knowledge didnt Oct renounce his membership of Andorra? If thats not true, by all means enlighten me and I hate to be operating under false assumptions. But on the voting point, it's rather moot, since as you pointed out, even if both vote against Titus, he's still in.

Basically Titus is wanting to know if the voting is resolved ( as Octavian, even if he is still a member and has a vote, isn't in the room. That just leaves Ludo, who regardless of the way he votes, won't affect the outcome. And as I stated earlier, Titus totally did not bribe Ludo for his vote... ) since he wants to bring up the other issue. So he's asking Antonio to say yay or nay and let him move on. :smiley:

The vote is then Yay.
Octavian rescinded his resignation I do believe, though I may be wrong.