Chapter 2: Through a glass darkly (ooc)

If people want to see the numbers

Re:10/He:10/Sta:0/Aura:?/Stress Die.
As the art scores are equal , i'm treating He as one lower for the spell.
10+09x02+0+aura+05=33+aura
Using fatigue: (33+aura)/02

Base 04 , +01 Touch , +03 Structure

This spell should clean every wooden surface as if someone had spent the day dusting.

Finesse Roll = 14
02+03(+02)+07

How do you do the music notes , he asks excitedly?

I cheat.

I type most of my responses out on my word processor (OpenOffice), especially if it's long or I'm putting a bit of thought into it, as I have a laptop and sometimes it will arbitrarily send me back a page or something. So I did the "insert" function on my wp, found the musical notes, and voila, there we are. Luckily it copies straight across when I cut-and-paste my post.

Oh, and that is something I want to try to do whenever she casts a spell. Since she has the "Necessary Condition: Singing" Flaw, I figured I might as well make up lyrics for the spell. Just for fun.

big-webmaster.com/musical-notes/

Amul, that's awesome!!!
♪♪ Laud, laud, the desktop menestrel ♪♪

Yup, exactly :laughing:

This can happen in tow ways:

• Either she takes Hiems by surprise, in which case, not only is he very surprised and unable to react, but the poor viscaria feels like hugging a cold rock: Hiems is about as cold as the weather outside. She'll probably jerk back, in which case, although he'll show nothing (and understand), Hiems will be wounded, as it'll echo another rejection.
  • He has some time to react, he'll also be very surprised, but, having some experience with the bad reaction people have when touching him, will reflexively fast cast a spell to make him warm (base 2, personnal, hug duration +1. I meant, diameter duration. Roll: 1d10=3). After a few second, he'll tentatively hug back, closing his eyes, although he'll show nothing else. Still, somewhere deep inside, something melts and cries.

This is proving very fun to me, this sounds like some anime drama :smiley:

Spot on with what I was thinking. Personally, I'm starting to picture Viscaria as the lesbian girlfriend character from El Hazard. Only possibly bi-sexual.

Let us then agree that the first time Viscaria hugged him, he was caught off guard, and Viscaria, whose only physical contact has been with the fae, was carelessly accepting of his temperature. It has not stopped her from groping, I mean, hugging, him since then.

It is entirely possible that he's learned to predict her hugs by the fact that she starts bouncing a little extra, generating a bit of extra heat to rub into him. Entirely for his benefit, you understand.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Even better :laughing:
If she accept his temperature, he'll be even more dazzed, and (inside, of course), thankful for that moment of human kindness and affection.
That is, until viscaria starts gropping :laughing: Anyway, after some time, he'll feel shameful and, well, although this may have been good, this is beginning to hurt, emotionnaly speaking, so he'll just gently (and with much embarrassment) pull her appart.

This could be very strange.
He can, without fatigue, spont for momentary hug duration (base 2, CrIg total 13), so he'll maybe do it, at least for courtesy, and both love and dread these moments where he feels living, until he recalls he's dead. Plus the added extra embarras bonus, only increased by viscaria's size :laughing:
So if she rubs??? He just doesn't know what to do, and will probably be mostly paralised. If he could blush, he would. Matter-of-factly, Hiems is almost unable to deal with this. He's used to women fleeing him for 2 reasons, not just the gift. So chasing him? Even just for hugs, he wouldn't know how to react properly.

Add to that, of course, the fact that he feels like he is cheating, which, each time, make him whithdraws afterwards.
♫ Flee, flee, the lecherous dwarf woman! ♪♪

Btw, I'm loving more and more the notion of "hug duration" :laughing:

Basically a variation of Ring duration, isn't it? After all, the arms form a ring around the subject, as it were? :smiley:

But can you get compensation for ring damage? :astonished:

I've got to stop this work thing. I turn around and there's pages of stuff for me to read!

Enough discussing how this will play out! Move it to the IC threads :wink:

Given how short Alielle is in the show, the image of her as Viscaria is now stuck in my head.

So i get to be Jinnai then , that sucks. :stuck_out_tongue:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_El ... characters

OOC: Once again channeling my OCD for your benefit, the sleeping arrangements then work out to be:

Room 1, three benches:
Father Pierre
Serrano (on the floor)
Hiems
Helena

Room 2, two beds:
Cygna
Berenguer (by default)
Viscaria (snuggling up with Cygna, on the side that gets of view of that oh-so-hunky Berenguer)

Not entirely sure how the Father Pierre reacts to the fact that we didn't divide up by (known) gender, or that Serrano grabbed floorspace before anybody had taken any of the other spots.

I missed this bit before. So, to be clear, neither Mimont nor Agraves are near the main road, and Agraves is almost a full day's journey from the main road? (I'm a graphics geek, and will eventually be mapping all these details, unless specifically requested not to. I know (and understand why) some STs don't like maps).

In the unlikely event that a sex-crazed dwarf attempts to ravage me , placing a sanctum mark should protect me.
Plus i get first dibs on the warmest bed.
Maybe we need some trundle beds so six of us can sleep more comfortably.
And curtains to divide the room , so modesty and dark secrets may be preserved.

Oh yeah , must remember to check on sanitation and the privy.
With chaotic magic , sponting privy cleaning spells might be all kinds of fun.

Keep thinking i should ask for perception + craft: (clothier) rolls to assess everyones clothing.

Are you familiar with the Elder Sign from Call of Cthulhu? When carved into a door, it prevents supernatural monsters and their attack powers from crossing the threshold. When worn as a protective amulet or tattoo, it completely, unequivocally protects everything directly behind the 5 lines making up the Sign.

Every time you post, I imagine one of the other characters developing a nervous tick eyebrow-flinch. My current bet is on Cygna, but Helena (as our resident Straight Man) is a close second.

Yeah, pretty much every time I see Serrano do something, I keep wanting to reply " facepalm " :laughing:

This is a bit of a change of pace for me.

Normally i get to do the Lawful Good types of Paladin or Cleric.
Genres , apart from Fantasy i like are Pulp & Superhero.

Harn from Columbia Games
would be the game i like even more than Ars Magica.

Finding players in Sydney , for either game , is nigh impossible.
There seem to be only about 6 actual players in Australia who post on the official forum.
Myself and one of my players (there are two) appear to be the only ones in Sydney.

Which book?

About maps:

I'll do them once I get around to them.

Sketch:

Narbonne
O============================================Main road
//
//Path with Mimont
//and Agraves
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxPyrenean Mountainsxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx