Chapter 2: Through a glass darkly (ooc)

It'll either be going over my book which I have (In one of the character threads you said I can start with a tractus I think) or I'll just be doing my own work making notes in my own code about the events, coming up with new ideas for travelling spells that sort of thing.

I'm not complaining, mind. I actually find it quite amusing, and I enjoy seeing my characters in a little bit of discomfort (it wouldn't be an adventure if nothing unexpected ever happened,now, would it?"

Yes! Champions ftw!!!

One of the players in the last tabletop Ars game I was in commented that the reason I like Ars was because I got to play superheroes in robes :smiley: (in fact, one of my down-the-road projects is a medieval supers story)

As it is winter , would it be more reasonable that we stocked up more in Narbonne.
Not like we can casually zip back for "things we forgot".
Would the local village really have enough spare supplies for 6 adults.

Can you show the way to Salle de Glace?
I've been away so long
I may go wrong and lose my way
Can you show the way to Salle de Glace?
I'm going back
To find some peace of mind
In Salle de Glace

(with apologies to Neil Diamond)
Do you know the way to San Jose?

If the villagers do not have supplies, they will certainly be willing to risk their lives to go and buy some - for a few pieces of silver (just like those Chinese women - always happy to risk a finger or two for my new sneakers...).
Maybe they even have some - after all this used to be the village at Phoenix covenant.

♩♬ Show me the way to get in
I'm tired and I want to go to bed
Cast me a spell 'bout an hour ago
And it went straight to my head. ♬

Apologies Gentlefolk,

I've been a bit busier than expected. My F-in-law had a fall as we were coming back from our holiday. Very elderly gent, who has required some close moral support, as well as trips to hospital to get him checked out and treated. Crisis now over, and weary brain (usual post holiday exhaustion) can be applied to other things.

Ivan

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Very chortleworthy!

Ivan

They step through the mirror. The trap kills them all.
The end.

I hope you liked the story.

Just kidding!

Dude! She' Cynical +3, Brave -2. Of course she thinks it is a trap. She's not going through that thing until somebody steps through it and comes back.

Everybody else just barged into the house, I'm surprised they haven't walked through the mirror yet. Man, if Viscaria ever ends up in charge of security, she will lace the inside of that domus with traps. (Thereby proving to any unsuspecting traveler that there are magi in da house.)

deletes action he was going to post, and sheepishly tries to come up with something else

Aww, man. Now I feel bad.

Spell results:
The aura is divine 1. It should have reduced all spellcasting, but I had forgotten the modifier (and you could have gone for exaggerated voicing/gesturing/ceremonial casting, so no harm is done)

The fog is not normal fog.

I assume you've been in the hut for about 30 minutes. It will get dark soon.
Unless someone absolutely wants to do before you go to bed - this is the time. You can of course create some light and keep on exploring (or explore in the dark...).

I gather you dont want us to interact with the npcs as yet.

If so , Serrano will finish his prayers before the sun is completely down and head back.
My assumption being that the church has small windows and no candles lit during the day.
If they have a poor box and i have some coin to spare , i will place some in it.

Should this type of information be posted in the character thread?

Yes, so the others know you are back.

If I recall correctly, Viscaria had just cast another spont Intellego Vim spell, on the mirror, spont casting total 9. Not sure if there's any additional information to get from this, but a Touch spell on a specific target should get it if there is.

Also, waiting to see if Hiems's Arcane Wood Splinter lets him see anything:

Isnt the penalty for casting in a Divine aura = -(03 x aura)

I found a page with some traditional french songs , but i suspect they are not period for the 13th century.
tradfrance.com/

Is this map of any use?
psi-13.com/eminton/giants/tribunals.html

the map has 3 French tribunals. That is incorrect. There is a correct map somewhere though. But in the dungeon it won't matter anyway.

I am a bit lost about this "beyond magic theory" bit. What was it that led you to this conclusion?