Chapter 2: Through a glass darkly (ooc)

I was thinking primarily of the "Limit of the Lunar Sphere," in that Hermetic Magic can't put something in (or beyond) the Lunar Sphere, but the Limit of Time (can't move an object into the past or future) may also apply. Of course, I might be wrong, which is why I made a Magic Theory roll.

Okay then. Gone imply means that you cannot perceive the piece of wood any longer. This is easy to achieve with magic

• it could have been transformed into mist
  • it could be teleported elsewhere
  • it could have become invisible (although in most cases this would be detectable with second sight)
  • it could be subject to a perdo spell
  • you could be under a mentem effect

All of this is hermetic magic.

Hunh. For some reason I was thinking that all of these (save the Perdo and possibly the Mentem options) would have still been registerable with the Arcane Connection.

Be that as it may...with the information that Cygna has/had that I didn't, may I go back and change her statement?

Our problem seems to be we don't know what defenses are on this, so is the mist a trap.

My gut feeling says just walk through. We were told there's no particular defenses I think.

Mine does, too...I just worry that one might need to touch the images in a particular order to trigger specific effects (e.g. coin-opal-lilac or lilac-coin-opal)...one might send us through, one might destroy us.

Yep , definitely an insidious death trap. :astonished:
So when in doubt , apply randomness.
All we have to do is align the chevrons and then we can activate the stargate , err ... mirror.

Are we posting on the regular time delay expected of a PBP?
Or is there a huge lag between here and the northern hemisphere.

With christmas , family , work and other stuff happening (for most people), i figured there would be a slow down until after new year.

I don't know I've never played a PBeM before.
You guys are more prolific posters than I, but I think Jean said 2 posts per week minimum.

Same thing.
I'm not even sure of the spell's working. This could have allowed hiems to see from there... or not: The exemple spells use the "room" target, while the guideline seem to imply it is possible to see to a place to which you have an AC. Allowing to perceive the wood is thus OK IMO.

My impressions for this, based on the more liberal use of the guideline (they work also for the harser one, of course, but this is a "minimal possibilities":

• The AC was destroyed (but this didn't happen to our hand, so I doubt it)
  • The AC is in the magic realm, or went through it
  • Maybe, the AC is in some weird regio.

Time Dilation.

This is my first PbP too, or rather, one of two which I joined at roughly the same time. The other game I'm in posts at a much slower rate. I have an internet-capable phone and a lifestyle/sleep schedule that allows for frequent posting. Although, it does also seem like we have a player pool that is pretty international.

I agree with the chevron-rotating plan in the morning. Although another long-term problem we'll have to deal with is that the house the portal is in is designed for only three people to live in. Having six people come in or out of it regularly is going to be problematic.

I had assumed from this and the other questions we had asked about Phoenix covenant that the code to go through the portal was only known by the magi of the covenant, and that the Redcaps just waited until one of them came out. Looking back though, it seems I never specifically asked if Jonah knew how to get in through the portal.

Posting rate:

We are faster at the moment than I anticipated - not unusual, games tend to slow down after some time. Two posts a week was for orientation purposes, this is not the foreign legion. Actually, posting frequency is so high that I've made a few minr mistakes (like forgetting you packed supplies).

If Christmas slows things, it does.

Radagast has PMed me today that he has real life interfering with this game. I'll try and play his character till he can come back. I'll have him stay in the background (so YOU get to shine).

Wow...someone says are we posting too much and then it all goes quiet for a day :slight_smile:

Well, thing is, I've said everything heims has to say, someone needs to pick up the ball :laughing:

But yes, this is funny :smiley:

I'm just waiting for the deathtrap to cut the numbers down to three , so we don't have to build an extra hovel.

Hey, it will only cost us 1 pawn of terram or creo vis, with that spell of mine. Problem is, it'll stick out like a sore thumb among the wooden village.

"Ah good , they have finally all gone through the mirror."
Turns mirror to face the wall
"Now i can put my feet up , enjoy some quiet time working and wait for my Tytalus Master to contact me."
:mrgreen:

ooc: I am not sure what she's doing on the other side since weylund hasn't posted yet (whatever the other side is...) but I am pretty sure about her not being back by dawn. I won't post about the other side - if Helena does something it will be in PM (and can later be put on the forum). Who knows maybe she's in that divine regio now where we all go after death (or that Infernal regio where you are welcomed with a smile like this: :smiling_imp: )

What happened to Helena's stuff? Anything we can use to form an Arcane Connection? Anybody have any spells that work at that distance?

Alternately, is anybody headstrong enough to go after her?

I don't have my books, so I can't tell, but we'll need an AC, yes. This is very important, and also why, in Hiems eyes, she acted foolishly.

And Hiems is ready to go after her. Lady in danger, and all that :wink: :laughing: