Chapter 2: Through a glass darkly (ooc)

The mirror is not a strip machine. :smiley:

THE PAIN!! THE UNBEARABLE PAIN!!! :mrgreen:

cough sorry It all made sense in her mind.

:laughing:

But surely, she didn't take all her clothes with her, for exemple. There must be something she left behind that could be used as an AC, even if it's just panties :laughing:

LOL no however the air I've breathed can be used as an arcane connection for a short time I believe.

It's Ferengi manufacture , it only strips clothing from women.

As it is winter and presumably cold , even indoors , did we create a warming spell for those who need it?
No firewood was provided for us , or at least my questions on obtaining any went unanswered.
Who prepared food , or did we just have cheese on toast?

Do we have chamberpots or are we wearing the famous Incontirobes that are so popular these days.

Conceptually , i find it a bit odd that an Archmagus and two senior magi shared a room in this manner.

Warming spell??? Fire? Wood? Why? It's perfectly fine out there!

Chamber pots are there.

One bed , with Sanctum Mark , 4 people to share two beds, and he slept apart.
So who was in the 3rd bed? :stuck_out_tongue:

on the floor if no bed was available

And how are we meant to sleep ,
with a lust-crazed dwarf , a majorly wrathful feathered floozy and an emo pretty boi
all in the same room. :unamused:

In the Middle Ages it was not uncommon for many people to share a room and/or bed.

Actually, I meant those possessions of hers which were not on her body when she went through. Presumably, we have slightly more than the clothes on our back.

We need some way to ascertain that she is alive, or we need to believe that we understand the magics behind the mirror and the circle. At this point, I don't even mind if those answers get a bit deus ex machina, since we've spent the last 9 RL days staring at this wall.

Actually, in this era, it was far more uncommon to have extra rooms. 99% of the western world had only one, maybe two rooms for the entire family, and they moved all the furniture around depending on the need. Everybody generally slept in one room.

Humor aside, there was a marked change in Viscaria's behavior once she was presented with a magical mystery. Especially since Helena walked through, there's less of the little girl disguise, and more of the craftsmith who knows how to wait before a fire until the moment to strike has arrived.

Related tangent: if I'm reading the rules right, then those two CrIg lights that I sponted with ring/circle duration/target onto circular objects are impossible to turn off, short of damaging the objects used to shape the circle. Is that true? Cuz then all those enchanted forges I was thinking about making for my glassblowing shop get MUCH cheaper to make.

Ravenscroft, I think we're once again having some issues with the time-fluid nature of PbP and the early stages of getting to know a new story guide. It isn't clear to me yet how much detail we need to go into, what is important to account for and what isn't, what we need to ask about and what we have permission to write out for ourselves.

Well, I think that this game will become a lot clearer once we are all through the mirror (the only real alternatives are leaving Helena to her fate or taking it to a lab and checking it through (which takes long enough to kill her if the other side is dangerous). This is - admittedly - a bad case of railroading, but again, once we reach the other side, you will see a lot more clearly and you will have plenty of options.

IMO, so long as everyone is having fun, it isn't unimportant if we spend 1, 10 or 20 days staring at that mirror and discussing.

Well, thing is, there are the players, and the characters, so we need to do it in appropriate ways.
Like helena being stupid, Hiems being foolish, and berenger being suicidal.

:smiley:
And Hiems, cool-headed?

Are we waiting for anyone to post , before we go 'through the looking glass'?

As the last spell with arcane connection did not apparently work ,
considering there is (?) an archmage & master of transport magics involved ,
if he couldn't get back or send a message , then we likely can't either.

We should leave a written record of what we have done , before we all go , just in case.

Well, it was done differently. So maybe this time, things'll work out. We'll see :wink:

ooc: There are mice. You can hear them. But can you catch them alive?

Is catching mice covered by the Work Focus?
Or does Work only cover making things & manual labour?
If no-one else has a better plan , or actual skills , i will attempt a spont to do so.
(last resort , due to Chaotic Magic Flaw)

I'm pretty sure one of us has Animal Ken. Might be able to talk the mouse into the job.